Community Forum

OAN not on channel lineup!

NotValuedCust
New Poster

OAN not on channel lineup!

Why is this channel not available? Is it because Comcast owns competing news channels? Or censorship? For what I am paying it should be available.
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: OAN not on channel lineup!

The station’s values and ideals don’t line up with Comcast’s. Find another source, I doubt you’ll ever see it

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
carolwhel
Regular Visitor

My understanding is that NBC owns Comcast and they won't allow the competition, especially for a program that tells it straight and not left wing. If you noticed FOX NEWS and FOX BUSINESS are the only channels that are having difficulty with feed. This has been going on for weeks. Sick of it.

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s the other way around, Comcast owns NBC. If you are having issues with Fox News, it runs on lower frequencies, so it’s related more to signal issues. Newsmax was also added last year. Any more conspiracy theories?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
carolwhel
Regular Visitor

Thanks! I'll let you know if I have anymore theories.  All fixed now. 😉

carolwhel
Regular Visitor

You would think that Comcast would try to give customers what they want. I have used them for many years and have a decent sized bill.  I should think that putting OAN in the lineup wouldn't be such a trial for them.  Overall, I think Comcast has improved a lot in terms of service. 

Again
Expert

One America News Network can be found on YouTube where you may or may not be able to subscribe.  Just an FYI, however, in November 2020 YouTube suspended OANN for violating YouTube's misinformation policy, so it could disappear at any time again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
carolwhel
Regular Visitor

NBC, ABC, CNN haven't been taken off youtube. Hard to believe they haven't been caught with posting misinformation. I guess GOogle has final say on what NEWS we get to see on Youtube.