Community Forum

No more Investigation discovery!?

New Poster

No more Investigation discovery!?

I’ve been with Comcast for years. I just switched my package and my Investigation Discovery, which is all I watch, got an error message. After Comcast pushing out updates, fixes, etc...they sent out a tech. Who created a drop line. When I called back saying now it needs a subscription, “that’s impossible”, we removed that completely from all packages. That is horrendous service, from cable which is becoming more and more a thing of the past. I only watch ID and Netflix.
I’ll be looking for new companies all together, and no, I won’t be forced to pay the cancellation fee...as in no time of the switch, the updates/troubleshooting or the tech support was thus mentioned, despite that being the ONLY channel I was asking about.
Expert

Re: No more Investigation discovery!?

@Hatchem wrote:
I’ve been with Comcast for years. I just switched my package and my Investigation Discovery, which is all I watch, got an error message. After Comcast pushing out updates, fixes, etc...they sent out a tech. Who created a drop line. When I called back saying now it needs a subscription, “that’s impossible”, we removed that completely from all packages. That is horrendous service, from cable which is becoming more and more a thing of the past. I only watch ID and Netflix.
I’ll be looking for new companies all together, and no, I won’t be forced to pay the cancellation fee...as in no time of the switch, the updates/troubleshooting or the tech support was thus mentioned, despite that being the ONLY channel I was asking about.

ID was removed a long time ago.  Customers were grandfathered in to the channel until their plan expired and they renewed or updated, at which point the channel was removed.

If you're in a contract and you cancel you will pay an early termination fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: No more Investigation discovery!?

You can still get "some" ID chanels via PlutoTv.

Go to:  Apps>Video>PlutoTv>On Demand>ID Discovery

Some of the shows are listed and can be viewed there.