Linda
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Newsmax

@lkpolovchik wrote:
How do I get this channel? I have X1

go to channel 1115

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

That much I knew. When I use the guide I don’t have 1115. When I talk to the remote I’m taken to xumo. The option isn’t there for me.
Linda
Highlighted
New Poster

I go to 1115, and it says I must subscribe to a higher level or something.   I don't know.  now what.?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Okay so I’m in Western Pa. Xfinity doesn’t have a license for my area but they do for Harrisburg. It’s on xumo which is a free app. I’m watching it there.
Linda
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It’s so annoying watching it on xumo. It’s already buffered five times. People two miles away from me have Newsmax but I can’t have because I’m on a country lane?
Linda
Highlighted
Expert

@lkpolovchik wrote:
It’s so annoying watching it on xumo. It’s already buffered five times. People two miles away from me have Newsmax but I can’t have because I’m on a country lane?

you can use an app on a smart device or go to web page newsmax.com and click on the live feed (make it full screen).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@marykayvoss wrote:

I go to 1115, and it says I must subscribe to a higher level or something.   I don't know.  now what.?

Newsmax is an IP channel and in order to get it you must be on the X1 platform, which is probably the "higher level" you need.

Highlighted
New Poster

Newsmax was offered if you have the X1 platform free, but now Comcast has decided to charge you for it! What the heck?!?!

Highlighted
Expert

@cndbl wrote:

Newsmax was offered if you have the X1 platform free, but now Comcast has decided to charge you for it! What the heck?!?!

using the xfintiy my account app, touch the TV tab. select view channel lineup. scroll down for channel 1115. shown?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nope not there. I was told it’s not offered in my area but two miles away it’s available.
Linda
Highlighted
Expert

@lkpolovchik wrote:
Nope not there. I was told it’s not offered in my area but two miles away it’s available.

they have their own app, easy to stream even on a roku.