Community Forum

NBCSN

Highlighted
New Poster

NBCSN

Anyone know why last two days can,t get NBCSN. Stanley cup is on and can't get channel to watch? Nothing on the screen but a screenshot of a Nut Commercial.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: NBCSN

Is there any new on why the only thing I see is a nut commercial 🤔
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Give a system refresh a try: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh. Clears up many issues like this.

Highlighted
New Poster

I did a refresh through the website and also through a customer service rep (on two consecutive nights.) The customer service rep last night 8/25/20, was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with. We have friends a few miles away having the same issue. Apparently, NBC has blacked out this channels (852 and 1207) because she checked the help desk and the complaint has been noted by several customers. She's not sure why blacked out as NBC is part of Xfinity and none of these should be blaced out in any area with customers in the programming tier that we are in. I hope they get corrected soon. Thanks for your help and reply.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I assume the screen shot was there even when there wasn't a hockey game on? I have a feeling somebody "turned on" the blackout in that area and forgot to "turn it back off" when the blacked-out game ended.

As for why the game was blacked out, it is because if the regional sports network in your area has the rights to the game, then Comcast (and all other cable and satellite services) has to black out all other broadcasts of the game, even if the regional sports network that has the rights is not carried by Comcast (for example, a Colorado Avalanche game on Altitude Sports).

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Starting last weekend, NBC had exclusive rights to ALL Stanley Cup games. No regional networks are televising them after the first round.