Community Forum

MSNBC not working

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

MSNBC not working

(Again) MSNBC on hi-def channel (765 in my area) isn’t working. Channel selector simply hangs with 3 dot GIF repeating endlessly. What’s up?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: MSNBC not working

@lawdymama wrote:
(Again) MSNBC on hi-def channel (765 in my area) isn’t working. Channel selector simply hangs with 3 dot GIF repeating endlessly. What’s up?

more than one set top box? if so, happening on all of them at the same time? does same channel work fine on a smart phone/tablet using the Xfinity Stream app?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Happens on both boxes. Can watch on low-def. when happened previously, can watch recorded hi-def. if I was to hypothesize, sounds like boxes are struggling with automatic determination of hi-def signal.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Forgot to address other question. Streaming seems to work. Odd that this problem seems to occur on msnbc but not other channels. And problem may last 30 minutes or several hours.
Highlighted
Expert

@lawdymama wrote:
Forgot to address other question. Streaming seems to work. Odd that this problem seems to occur on msnbc but not other channels. And problem may last 30 minutes or several hours.

different numbered channels come in on different/separate frequencies and what you describe is problems with wiring/connections that affect certain frequencies. This problem may be inside or outside your home, a tech can test from outside the home. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, @lawdymama! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the HD MSNBC. I would like to have a look at this and see what we can do for you! Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

It isn't your wiring, inside or out.  It's happening on (all) my boxes- and I texted a friend with the same setup who lives on the other side of my city and hers isn't working either.  It's a Comcast/Xfinity issue- whether they know it or not.  Mine just says "not authorized" for the last two hours.  It's not a "you" problem.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i was able to watch the low-res channel.  does that work for you?