Community Forum

MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Frequent Visitor

MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Anyone know how to set up the MLB.tv account that comes with the Extra Innings Package? I order the package 2 days ago and whenever I try and link my account through MLB.tv, all it does is take me to the page that shows how to order Extra Innings through the voice remote. (https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?lang=en&ui_style=dark)

I would like to be able to access MLB.tv so I can watch spring training games.

Contributor

MLB Extra Innings 2019 price?

Has the package/price been revealed yet for MLB Extra Innings 2019?

Is the package going to offer the same as last year or try to compete w/ DTV's better features?

Regular Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings 2019 price?

And can sombody at Comcast tell us if Extra Innings will continue to be delivered through streaming, as opposed to it being on normal cable channels with channel numbers?  Having to watch it through streaming has caused me to switch to MLB.TV.   Thanks. 

Official Employee

Hi there, norcalneil and gn32772. We don't have official documentation out yet about the 2019 MLB season. In the past, Xfinity customers with a subscription to the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package offered through Comcast cannot access the MLBTV app. That will likely continue this upcoming year. If you want access to MLB.TV or the MLBTV app, you would need to sign up directly through MLB.TV. The package should remain the same as in previous years. Subscribers to MLB EXTRA INNINGS will be able to watch games via the Xfinity Stream app on their in-home Xfinity WiFi network. You're welcome to check back with us in a few weeks to see if we're able to confirm specifics on the 2019 season. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi Comcast-The year is 2019. It is about time to help the customer experience a bit more. Please add to your MLB Extra Innings in 2019 before you lose another customer.

Offer all the games in HD, not just 1-3 per day

Allows fans who sign up for MLB Extra Innings to also subscribe to MLB TV.

Direct TV does that for their customers and so should you.

I don't mind paying the early bird price on Comcast for MLB EI, but i do mind when not every single game is available in HD

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor

My 2 cents..this will be the 3rd year of Beta.  It would be nice to record a game in HD.  Some of us cannot sit through a 3-4 hour game that starts at 9pm.

Official Employee

machado22 and tbill1, thanks for your feedback. I will send that to my leadership. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

MLB  Extra innings in HD is in beta trial. Because it is in Beta, it doesn't have channel number associated with it. On X1 TV Boxes, the 'MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)' channel is the first MLB EXTRA INNINGS listing in the X1 guide above the current MLB EXTRA INNINGS SD channels.

The easiest way to access the games in HD is to say “MLB Extra Innings HD Beta” into your X1 Voice Remote.

Pricing has not been announced yet. 

Contributor

It's intersteing, when you sign into MLB.TV, it's asks for your Satellite/Cable provider and one of the choices is Xfinity.  Not sure if that was there in the past.

Official Employee

All,

MLB Extra Innings pricing varies based on when you purchase the package. Currently, you can get the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27. For more details about pricing or to oder the package, see here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?pc=1

Free Preview Information:

We will offer MLB EXTRA INNINGS as a free preview to customers across all Xfinity On Demand platforms (where available) during the following dates:

Regular Season Free Preview:
March 28, 2019 – April 4, 2019

Half Season Free Preview:
July 12, 2019 – July 18, 2019

**Note**: For the first time MLB EXTRA INNINGS will include a subscription to MLB.TV.

For additional information about MLB Extra Innings HD Beta, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-HD-Beta/ta-p/2940280

*Please let me know what other questions you guys have.*

Regular Contributor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We will offer MLB EXTRA INNINGS as a free preview to customers across all Xfinity On Demand platforms (where available) during the following dates:

Regular Season Free Preview:
March 28, 2019 – April 4, 2019

Half Season Free Preview:
July 12, 2019 – July 18, 2019

MLB EXTRA INNINGS will not include a subscription to MLB.TV or the MLBTV app this season. The package will remain the same as in previous years.

• A MLB.tv or MLBTV app subscription has not been included with MLB EXTRA INNINGS for previous seasons.

*Please let me know what other questions you guys have.*

Here is my question:  Why is Comcast's offering of the MLB extra innings package substandard year after year compared to the other major carriers?

Official Employee

Hmm. In what way are you considering it substandard, tbill1?

Regular Contributor

In Beta for the 3rd year and I still can't record in HD.  No MLB.TV, although commercials run ad nauseum stating how it is included.

Official Employee

We also have a regular MLB Extra Innings Sports package. MLB EXTRA INNINGS is a Major League Baseball package that offers customers out-of-market regular season games and is designed for MLB EXTRA INNINGS fans who want to see more than just the games played by the local team. Customers can access up to 90 out-of-market games per week. The games included in MLB EXTRA INNINGS are in addition to those available on FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, MLB Network, TBS and a subscriber's in-market home team's network(s). That package is offered to the majority of our customers in our West Division. 

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS Out of Market HD Beta is separate and the recording functionality is a feature that may be available in the future.

We will be sure to pass along your feedback about the package options. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We also have a regular MLB Extra Innings Sports package. MLB EXTRA INNINGS is a Major League Baseball package that offers customers out-of-market regular season games and is designed for MLB EXTRA INNINGS fans who want to see more than just the games played by the local team. Customers can access up to 90 out-of-market games per week. The games included in MLB EXTRA INNINGS are in addition to those available on FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, MLB Network, TBS and a subscriber's in-market home team's network(s). That package is offered to the majority of our customers in our West Division. 

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS Out of Market HD Beta is separate and the recording functionality is a feature that may be available in the future.

We will be sure to pass along your feedback about the package options. 

Thank you.

Official Employee

What I can tell you tbill1 regarding the questions that you asked, is that the availability of the HD channels in the Extra Innings package is due to the agreement that we came to with Extra Innings. That does also apply/coincide with the MLB.TV service. 

Contributor

@ComcastMorgan, are you saying the agreement is that MLB.tv and Comcast provide the same amount of MLB HD programming?
Official Employee

No, what I was saying is that we do not include MLB.TV in the MLB Extra Innings subscription, which is also part of the agreement that we have with Extra Innings. Thank you for requesting clarification!

New Poster

I would like some clarification.  To this point, I am unable to see any information on the MLB Extra Innings package.  I recently purchased the NBA package through Comcast, and in order to see games in HD, I had to go through the Beta application, which is frankly horrible, compared to what was available with DirecTV.  I honestly feel that I was lied to when I asked if your sports packages were identical to what I was currently experiencing with DirecTV.  It is honestly baffling that we have to jump through these types of hoops to watch a MLB game in HD, when HD has been a standard for well over a decade.

New Poster

I would like some clarification.  To this point, I am unable to see any information on the MLB Extra Innings package.  I recently purchased the NBA package through Comcast, and in order to see games in HD, I had to go through the Beta application, which is frankly horrible, compared to what was available with DirecTV.  I honestly feel that I was lied to when I asked if your sports packages were identical to what I was currently experiencing with DirecTV.  It is honestly baffling that we have to jump through these types of hoops to watch a MLB game in HD, when HD has been a standard for well over a decade.

New Poster

I just wanna get Nesn for the Red Sox since I live in Texas , but I have to order the whole package I just wanna see one team can Comcast make it just so we can order our favorite team for a cheaper prices rather than ordering the whole package will be switching to att most likely after this year since they offer nesn with there Sports package
Contributor

And it will be blacked out like any pro sports events on a DirecTV when you don't buy the respective sports package. MLB
TV may be the way to go.
Regular Contributor

@Fenwayfaithful wrote:
I just wanna get Nesn for the Red Sox since I live in Texas , but I have to order the whole package I just wanna see one team can Comcast make it just so we can order our favorite team for a cheaper prices rather than ordering the whole package will be switching to att most likely after this year since they offer nesn with there Sports package

What Microphone said - I had U-Verse for about eight years with the sports package, and while you do get all of the Regional Sports Networks, pretty much every MLB, NBA, and NHL game on the channels not considered to be in "your local area" is blacked out with a screen that says something like, "This program is not available in your area." This is pretty much universal over all cable and satellite systems, and in part it is because the leagues want you to pay for their version of League Pass.

Contributor

It looks like for the first time Comcast is now including the MLB.TV streaming service with Extra Innings this year. It says it on the MLB on Xfinity front page here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb

“Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.”

This is good news. I’m about to sign up for the first time Smiley Happy
Contributor

Let us know how that all works out.

I jumped the gun and did MLB.TV a few weeks back so I can't get in on this.  I guess I just take solace in that I spent $118 vs. $170----$42.50 x 4

Official Employee

Fenwayfaithful, that is a cool idea. I'll pass your feedback to my leadership. 

I would like some clarification.  To this point, I am unable to see any information on the MLB Extra Innings package. 

reardons1111, what information are you requesting specifically? Pricing for your account? 

KenF

Contributor

Re: MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

IIRC, I downloaded the MLB At Bat app on my iPhone and when signing in there is an option at the bottom of the log in screen that gives me an option to sign in with an TV provider. I chose that and saw “Xfinity”. Then it brought me to a sign in screen asking me to log in using my Xfinity credentials. Authentication was successful I then click cancel on that particular screen than logged in using my MLB account. It then linked my Extra Innings account with the MLB.TV / MLB account and I was able to watch archive or live games playing at the time. It was quick.

If you are having an issue under Settings in the iOS app there is an option to “connect purchase to MLB.com” I also clicked that to verify MLB.com saw my Extra Innings purchase.

Hopefully this isn’t confusing. I didn’t try to use the MLB website on a desktop or notebook PC. I just used the MLB At Bat app to authenticate everything.

Tbh, I think ComcastTed, ComcastMorgan or someone else needs to make a sticky thread on how to connect Extra Innings to MLB.TV and with other details so others who are interested in purchasing Extra Innings are not left in the dark.
New Poster

Last year (2018) with Xtra Innings I was able to login to MLBTV in the AtBat app, or by clicking to TV logo on the MLB team webpage, and watch games on my phone, tablet or PC. When we travel out of our broadcast area we used the AtBat App for MLBTV logging into AtBat first, then MLB TV with our Xfinity account. Are you saying that will NOT be possible this year?
New Poster

Just saw this today 3/20/19:

Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.
Regular Visitor

The same issue is happening to me when I try to activate / link MLB with Xfinity. I enter my Xfinity login credentials and then I'm taken to the Xfinity MLB Extra Innings main page. I tried on my desktop and the MLB At Bat app with no luck. Maybe something needs to happen on the Xfinity side for this to work and they haven't quite worked out all the details yet. A support page with instructions on how to do this would be great.

New Poster

I am also interested in single team coverage of MLB Extra Innings.

Official Employee

@kpo117, and @rosecharm

Welcome to the Xfinity forum. Were you able to use the steps provided by @bruistopher to see if this would resolve your issue? 

After choosing Xfinity as your provider, then enter your Xfinity username and password, do you get the authentication successful message? Then click cancel on that particular screen than logged in using your MLB account.

IIRC, I downloaded the MLB At Bat app on my iPhone and when signing in there is an option at the bottom of the log in screen that gives me an option to sign in with an TV provider. I chose that and saw “Xfinity”. Then it brought me to a sign in screen asking me to log in using my Xfinity credentials. Authentication was successful I then click cancel on that particular screen than logged in using my MLB account. It then linked my Extra Innings account with the MLB.TV / MLB account and I was able to watch archive or live games playing at the time. It was quick.

If you are having an issue under Settings in the iOS app there is an option to “connect purchase to MLB.com” I also clicked that to verify MLB.com saw my Extra Innings purchase.

Hopefully this isn’t confusing. I didn’t try to use the MLB website on a desktop or notebook PC. I just used the MLB At Bat app to authenticate everything.

Tbh, I think ComcastTed, ComcastMorgan or someone else needs to make a sticky thread on how to connect Extra Innings to MLB.TV and with other details so others who are interested in purchasing Extra Innings are not left in the dark.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe I did try the steps that @bruistopher suggested, thank you. However, the issue remains that after selecting provider Xfinity from the MLB At Bat app (desktop too) it redirects to Xfinity for login authentification and then stalls there. The MLB app does not refresh and the linking of accounts does not occur. Maybe this won't work until the regular season starts? Is it possible for you to replicate the issue?

I don't even have access to the MLB Extra Innings channels on Xfinity yet, though I subscribed a few days ago. (multiple agents have confirmed I have the subscription and we've tried many things to fix) I had to upgrade from a tivo to an x1 box to access it but still no dice (a technician is coming out) Hope the rollout kinks get worked out soon.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming. I know you have a tech coming out, but do you mind if I review the backend of your account and check the rates codes to see if I can help? I'd also like to follow up with you after the tech visit to see if they are able to resolve the problem or if further investigation is needed. Either way, I'd like to help, or at least provide you an answer as to why you aren't getting it. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

If you reply outside of my working hours, I'll reach out when I get back. My working hours are Sunday's through Thursday's 2:30-11 PM MST. 

Frequent Visitor

I don’t even get the option to log in when I select xfinity as my provider. It only takes me to the page I have linked in my original message (for both app and desktop). I also don’t have access to the channels on my tv. Do I need to get a different box for that?
New Poster

I am having the same problem with MLB.TV. I log in and instead of it taking me to the video player it takes me to xfinity's mlb extra innings web page. Hopefully this all gets fixed by next week when the season starts. 

Official Employee

Just saw this today 3/20/19:

Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.

Yes, you can pay in installments or all up front. 

Official Employee

Hey all, I found this in regards to setting up your MLB.TV account: 

What You'll Need

You will need the following to purchase MLB EXTRA INNINGS including access to MLB.TV:
  • A minimum Xfinity TV service of Limited Basic
  • An Xfinity-registered TV Box
To access MLB.TV, you will also need an Xfinity username and password:

How to Watch on MLB.TV

If you purchased an MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, you can access MLB.TV online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat Premium app. Simply follow the steps below to active your MLB.TV Premium account and start watching:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.TV account on each new device.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to pay extra to access MLB.TV?
No, MLB.TV is included with your subscription of MLB EXTRA INNINGS.

What devices are supported by MLB.TV?
MLB.TV is available online at the MLB.TV, on mobile devices (iOS, Android) and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, etc.). For a full list of supported devices, visit MLB.TV’s device listing.

You can also watch MLB EXTRA INNINGS on your TV on the below channels. HD channels may not be available in all areas.

• Standard Definition: GAME1 through GAME14
  • High Definition: GAMEHD (GAMED) and GAMEHD2 (GAME2)

What are the system, operating and device requirements for MLB.TV?
We recommend visiting MLB.TV’s help center for the most up-to-date information on system, operating and device requirements.

What if I have technical issues with MLB.TV?
We recommend visiting MLB.TV’s help center for issues with the MLB.TV platforms.

New Poster

Two questions:  So the early bird price is $170 for the entire season?  What will be the non early bird price?

Official Employee

Two questions:  So the early bird price is $170 for the entire season?  What will be the non early bird price?

Yes, that is for the season. I probably won't know that nonearly bird price until the season begins. Typically, it ranges depending on the part of the season you subscribe. 

Frequent Visitor

Do you not read my initial issue? I have no opportunity to even login to my xfinity account (I have it saved to remember me). It only takes me to this page: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?lang=en&ui_style=dark

And it seems that others are having the same issue. We can't just login if it doesn't send us to the login page

Official Employee

Do you not read my initial issue? I have no opportunity to even login to my xfinity account (I have it saved to remember me). It only takes me to this page: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?lang=en&ui_style=dark

And it seems that others are having the same issue. We can't just login if it doesn't send us to the login page

kpo117, if you send me a private message with your full name, I can look into your issue closer. 

KenF

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

kpo117, if you send me a private message with your full name, I can look into your issue closer. 

KenF

Hi Ken,

If you find a solution, could you post it for the rest of us with the same problem?

Thanks

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF wrote:

KenF

Hi Ken,

If you find a solution, could you post it for the rest of us with the same problem?

Thanks

Definitely. 

Frequent Visitor

I went into an Xfinity store yesterday. Even they didn't know what was going on. I appreciate ComcastKen continuing to look into it. The season is only a few days away and I don't want to miss anything because I don't have a login.

Official Employee

Thanks for your patience as we get this figured out, Kpo117. I did find that the MLB Extra Innings HD Beta games start when the season begins on 02/28/19. Additionally, this is when you will get complete access to MLB.TV if you are subscribed to MLB Extra Innings from Xfinity.  

If you have any other questions feel free to let us know.  

KenF

Frequent Visitor

The statement made by the Comcast employee several times that not including mlb.tv and access to their app is the same as the past is not true and is a big reduction if correct for this year. Last year I did have access and that is why I was okay with the renewal rate 

Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Just had a tech here to troubleshoot the MLB linking/ missing Extra Innings channels. Guess what? We found out that the Extra Innings Package goes live March 28 Opening Day. Everything should be up and running then with channel access and the MLB.tv integration.

Official Employee

rosecharm, thanks for the update! I appreciate it. I had a feeling this was the case but wasn't 100% sure. I saw some verbiage that the virtual channels wouldn't be available until the early bird special was concluded. Thanks for confirming. 

New Poster

It was there lin 2018 - you could log into MLB TV through Xfinity