txcardinalfan's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 20th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

MLB Extra Innings Subscriptions

Does anyone from Coporate have a clue about the MLB Extra Innings subscription process for the short season of 2020 because none of your underlings seem to know. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issues with going in circles with MLB.tv.

Has anyone run into video quality issues with their games? 95% of the game is fine, but about once every inning, the screen freezes or goes black, then comes back on. Pretty frustrating

Contributor

• 

374 Messages

4 years ago

Same issues here...

Received a letter telling me I would automatically have MLB Extra Innings added because I was a past subcriber.  Fine.  

Got an email a couple of days ago telling me that MLB Extra Innings and baseball were back.  Fine. 

Went to MLB.TV site to connect my account as I've done every year to allow watching games on my phone or laptop...doesn't work. The MLB.TV interface redirects to the Xfinity site which then acts as if I don't have a subscription, but if I try to sign up, I get an error and told to call the call center.  

I call the call center, where an offshore customer service person, who barely speaks English and is not quite sure what I'm asking, looks at my account and swears that MLB Extra Innings has been added.

Go back to MLB.TV site and still cannot connect my Xfinity account.  Sigh.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Having exactly the same problem.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I gave up and just ordered MLB.TV using my Amazon Prime membership; since I have a TiVo Bolt I don't have access to the 3000 series channels with my cable cards.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem here.  Can't link the Xfinity Extra Innings subscription to my MLB.com account.  The Xfinity link gets stuck on the page to purcahse it even though I already have it.  Maybe I should cancel this and get it through MLB on my Xbox, PC and phone.

Contributor

• 

374 Messages

4 years ago

Just spoke to the nice offshore support person from MLB TV. They opened a support case and said someone will be in touch.

Comcast support is useless. They have no idea what I’m even describing, let alone how to fix it. At least MLB understands the problem.

My suggestion is anyone having this issue should open a support case with MLB. It took me 2 min to get through to a person at 1pm eastern on a weekday.

Call 866-800-1275.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I actually just cancelled mine and went with MLBtv. $40 cheaper too from what i can tell.

Btw: not easy to refund they need to submit a ticket. Though im still kind of shocked no one from xfinity twitter/reddit/this forum has responded to this.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

I phoned MLB.TV support this afternoon and the customer service associate was very knowledgable. He explained the problem with the link is Xfinity's responsibility. Obviously what some of you mentioned earlier continues to be the issue. I refuse to call Xfinity customer service because I have no faith they can help.

The link to sync up the accounts is wrong and need to be fixed.

I also agree, if you phone MLB.TV and speak with someone there that might accelerate the issue because customers like us are now 5 days out without the MLB.TV features that we were promised. 

PATHETIC!

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

I am happy to report that just a few minutes ago I attempted to sync via the Xfinity links/instructions and this time it worked perfectly. I was taken to a page with the the Xfinity log in that included the MLB.TV logo on the page as well.

I successfully was able to activate the MLB.TV & successfully clicked on a game this evening.

So thank you for making the correction and fixing the bug.

How about some refunds for customers like myself who for 5 plus days were without the services of MLB.TV, despite being promised access for subscribing to MLB EI via Xfinity? 

Contributor

• 

374 Messages

4 years ago

Same, I was able to connect my account and now can access MLB.TV.

I wonder why these things always take users posting, calling, and complaining before they get fixed. Doesn’t Comcast have a team that checks to make sure these experiences work as expected?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still not working for me.  I still just get the splash page asking me to purchase.  Tried clearing cache and different browsers and devices.  Now I can't even get the game to play correctly on the Extra Innings package on TV either.  Missed the first three innings of the game tonight with an error message asking me to try again.  Finally got the game going, and they shut it off in the middle of the 7th inning.  Great package. 

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to link my Extra Innings and MLB.TV account just now.

Thanks everyone for reporting this! 🙂

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

sorry you are having trouble. i think maybe it would help your situation if you can post the link you have tried unsuccesfully? maybe your link is incorret?

as for your game cutting off in the 7th, i have to hear more about this. please expand because that does not seem practical at all. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I too have purchased the MLB package and every time I try and watch a game, it tells me I need to subscribe again. Sometimes if I change the channel and go back it works, some times it will just randomly kick on after 30 minutes etc... when i call there is definitely a language barrier issue, they don't understand what i am saying, tell me I have the package and it is fine on their end. Tired of it every day.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting games but I am not able to record them.  Anyone else have this problem (and know what to do about it)?  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here