Community Forum

Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

Highlighted
New Poster

Movie Plex gone today

Went on Movie Plex today to see what was playing, it's been removed. Saw where it was scheduled to be removed in March, but was extended. It was a very good channel to watch, no commercials, and the movies were nice to watch in the afternoon. There is so much filler on the channel list, why take something away that was actually a treat to watch, if you like movies that maybe you never got a chance to see 20 years ago when they came out. During the covid pandemic it was a lifesaver from all the talk shows. Any chance you might reconsider?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

I  agree they need to stop taking away channels without replacing them with something else.......we're paying more and more and getting less and less.

Highlighted
New Poster

You  are right. With Comcast, you cant get comfortable with any line up. This is so inconsiderate, especially during these tough times with folks dealing with covid. Also, so inconsiderate to do this to seniors who, in many case, only have TV for companionship. Yet, as you said, they keep increasing rates. You would think a company as profitable as Comcast would offer some financial relief to seniors instead of changing their channel lineup for a class of citizens who dont adjust well to change in the first place. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Movie Plex gone today

<Edited>. I mourned the loss of TCM but refused to pay more for a sports package I would never use. Now they have removed Movieplex, which was a great channel. For what? More home shopping channels? More sports channels? More foreign language programming?

Well, Vice President Tom, you are disappointing your customers out here! Bring back our movie channels or give us the option to choose the channels we wish to pay for.

Dish is looking increasingly better all the time.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I've come to the conclusion that they are not taking away unpopular channels, but instead taking away popular ones so they can gouge us for more money just to keep the channels we've been paying for all along. It's not as though the channels are completely unavailable; they just come at an extra charge.

If they hadn't already raised my bill by $6, I might have added on the Starz package, but their shyster ways and ridiculous charges have earned them a "drop dead" from me.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Movie Plex gone today

I'm tired of being pushed around by comcast/xfinity for a service I pay so much for. I am now seriously shopping for an alternative. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Missing Channels

Why am I not getting MoviePlex, Starz Encore, Starz Encore Action, Starz Encore Black and Stars Encore Westerns?  This is supposed to be includen with my Preferred TV.  Working until today when it now says I have to subscribe for the Encore channels and go to On Demand for MoviePlex.  How many other channels will be taken away?  Not Happy.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Missing Channels

Check your billing statements for news, it was announced there. Movie Plex was supposed to be gone earlier this year but deferred because of the pandemic.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
CA53344E-C4DA-4832-B8F6-EE8C18C231ED.jpeg
Highlighted
New Poster

Same here.  I thought I was paying extra for these channels with my Preferred Account.  If they are taking away some of my favorite channels are they going to reduce my bill?  I doubt it.  Itmaybe time to quit Comcast.  I am getting tired of their underhanded practices.

Highlighted
New Poster

I too, liked the Movie Plex channel. The message said that you can find the movies on demand, but actually the one I watched last week on Movie Plex ended up with a charge of $3.95 if you want to watch it now. Not all the movies I've watched on Movie Plex are still free. Guess they figured why give it out free if they can charge for it. We all pay too much for the packages we have, alot of people have left this Cable to get more of what they watch, not what they want you to watch.

Highlighted
New Poster

Losing more channels

I can not believe I have just lost more free movie channels. I loved Movieplex and the Encore channels. Now Comcast wants me to pay for them. You are out of your freaking minds. I pay over $250.00 a month to Comcast for internet and cable, and my bill just keeps going up. I have been a customer of Comcast for 10+ years. You give specials and deals to new customers all the time and absolutely nothing for you current customers. My bill goes up and you take more channels away. That makes sense. <Edited> I am done. I am canceling my cable package and going with direct TV. Bye!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Losing more channels

I agree with you 100%  <Edited>.  I've been with this for over 30 years.  (<Edited>)

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Removal of Starz Encore

The encore channels you replaced with epix and screenpix were a lot better. Had better programming. I cant see where there are just as many channels. I agree with the rest. The price is too high anyway, without taking some channel away.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Losing more channels

I was already <Edited> off about TCM (seriously, who decided that was a good move?) & now we lost MoviePlex? CUT IT OUT, COMCAST!

Before the TCM manuever, I had planned to upgrade to the next tier/plan because there are some channels in there that I would love to have, but it's really not worth the money. Not now. Especially if I have to pay extra on top of that for TCM. My plan  + internet is already really expensive, so I can't see throwing more money at them for a not-awesome product. I mean, thanks for getting Decades back, but why don't you lose one of the bajillion shopping channels or useless music channels before dumping a movie channel?  GRRRR.

<Edited>

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

StarsEncore removed

So the pattern here is that as the service becomes more expensive channels are removed. You have taken channels like starz and Cinemax away from those who purchased them and have given in return channels like hitz and epix.

The issue is there is no value here. As you continue to remove features and ask people to pay more you devalue your overall service.

So I just wanted to say thank you for once again proving you actually can be worse. The standard for Comcast gets lower and lower.

There is no response that can validate the overall devaluing of your service.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: StarsEncore removed

You stock has gone up 13 dollars in 5 years. It’s at 43 dollars.

Add some channels of value

Do something other than charge to rent you cable boxes and remove channels people actually like.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I had enough and so I canceled Comcast tv.  Every other month comcast removes channels and moves them to other tiers. I had enough and canceled.  Now I get cable tv a lot cheaper on philo. Only 20 dollars a month for 60 channels!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cancel comcast tv. I did yesterday and I am never going back. I am tired of them moving their channels to other tiers and saying we have to pay more for it like Encore & TCM.  Just get youtube tv or smoething like that and you'll never look back. SHame on comcast for taking advantage of its customers. I will no longer have to pay DVR fee, nor sports fee, or rebroadcast fee. Bye bye comcast and good riddance!

Highlighted
New Poster

Epix and Screenplex neither provide what was provided with Starz. I am an avid western fan and the Starz Western channel provided many favorites that I enjoyed watching. I have never watched Epix and very seldom do I watch Screeplex. There is nothing on either that I care for.

So it looks like we lose Starz and have nothing to replace it all the while paying the same amount. I have been a customer for over 30 years, signing up when cable first came to my neighborhood. Rest assured, I will begin looking at other options to replace Comcast/Xfinity next year when my contract is up for renewal. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Agreed. I'm a western fan too, and Starz has the best Weaterns movie generes playing. Comcast figures they have to squeeze a few more dollars out of loyal customers. Screenplex is OK for westerns but not my favorite.

Highlighted
New Poster

This just BS! They just want us to pay MORE! There needs to be changes to cable so they get competition and not this monopoly they have now!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't even have Epix in my Preferred package just that Screenpix crud.......why don't I have Epix?

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree. I'm a stock holder and Comcast should give subscribers decent programming.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Agreed! There is no competition for Comcast, they are the only show in my town. The dish or cutting the cord  and go streaming is the only alternative.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would hope Comcast Management would read these posts and make it right for their longtime customers. I've been one for 20 years and they dont seem to care. How about ala carte "simple in practice" pick your own channels! I have 200+ Comcast Channels but probably only view 36-40 channels out if 200. Let the customers decide what they want to watch not the Networks! Heck it's a horrible time with Covid too.

Highlighted
Contributor

I don't know if you get a channel  called INSP I get this this channel from Xfinity on channel 295 check to see if you also get  this channel from xfinity They have Westerns like Gunsmoke . Bonanza . The big valley  and western movies as well

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Removal of Starz/Encore channels

I don't consider Screenpix a plus.  Most everything is shows that we are not interested in.  Not at all the same.  Not at all of equal value.  And EPIX shows the same thing at the same time on several of their channels so it's not like you have a lot of choices.

Highlighted
New Poster

Also upset about losing MoviePlex and StarzEncore.  Comcast/Xfinity keeps doing this...dropping channels without adequate warning or compensation.  Terrible customer service.  I'm reaching my tipping point.

Highlighted
New Poster

I just found out tonight that I lost all Starz channels and TCM which was included in my package I signed up for six months ago.  No compenaation whatsoever, just keep paying the bill. 

I loathe Comcast.  A terrible company; could care less about their customers.  Can't wait to cut the cord.

Highlighted
Contributor

Well, this just stinks. I get my bill and just pay it. This just gets worse each month. I have been told by many friends to leave cable for streaming. I do worry about internet as I need it for work now, as I am home for the foreseable future. I hear that internet is very expensive with out the cable package. I feel stuck.  Thanks for nothing Xfinity once again!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Starz says subscription required

I've had all the premium channels for years and they just decided to remove Starz and replace it with some junk channels. I've been a loyal customer paying a pretty high bill monthly for years. There's a lot of options that I'm going to need to look at and consider dumping comcast.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Losing all StarzEncore

So lets see here. Within a year they have taken away Cinemax, Starz & Starz Encore and replaced with all junk on demand channels. Been with Comcast for over 30 years but this is the last straw. I pay almost $300/month for thier service and it just keeps going downhill. I think its about time to switch to youtube tv. I guarantee i am gone from comcast within 30 days.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Losing all StarzEncore

Does any form Comcast management read or hear our voices ? The management should listen as they are creating cord cutters without Even realizing it! Comcast does NOT seem to care they are a Monopoly!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Agreed. How can Comcast remove channels at will, yet require customers to commit to 24 months?  I hate Comcast. My package lost value, but the monthly price didn't go down. In my area we have Verizon FIOS, plus there are numerous streaming services, and antenna options. I may cancel my service, pay the fee, and never be a Comcast customer again.

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast is becoming a joke. My bill keeps going up and up and the channels I get keeps going down. This is why so many people I talk to are leaving Comcast in favor or Roku, Hulu, or any other of the many options available to the consumer. I have also been with Comcast for 22 years and the service has become so bad over the years. I pay Comcast north of $300 per month and I think this latest kick in the nuts will finally convince me to go to another service. For that kind of money I can pretty much go anywhere and get everything that has been taken away from me over the past few years. I like you am so disappointed in how they treat long term loyal customers. I’ve had enough of this nonsense.
Highlighted
New Poster

what is the reasoning for this

Highlighted
New Poster

but it does not show the same type programs

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes I just noticed this morning I saw something went to change the channel and it’s not there anymore it’s not what I signed up for and these terrible channels that are the supposed going to offer a great selection of free movies they are free because nobody wants to watch most of them sometimes I see a movie is playing I like to flip over to it in the middle of the movie just for something to watch but with epix it starts the movie from the beginning it’s stupid at least they should make it an option. It’s just all different it’s not worth it anymore hasn’t been in a long time and there’s nothing anyone can do and they know it.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am in the same boat as you.  1.5 years into a 2 year contract.  They also cut out the AMC channel.  Time to drop me from Comcast after 25 years of being a loyal customer.  They want the wireless customers and internet providers.  Eventually their high rise buildings and absobatant overhead costs will catch up to them.  Perhaps we should go out and protest in Philadelphia at Comcast world headquarters like all the other demonstrators in Philadelphia.  Our lives matter too!!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm very sick of losing service and my bill going up. I guess I'll have to start looking into options for alternatives. $200 plus a month for the service I'm getting now is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well we get charged for some sort of "sports" package that we NEVER view/used because it is "IN" the preferred or I guess pretty much all packages.  Why do we have to pay for something we do NOT need?  Then they say we are getting some kind of refund because of the Chinese Wuhan virus.  So tell me again, if they have a separate fee for the sports channels why can't anyone OPT OUT?  There is ONLY Comcast coming into this apartment building, we have no other choice and that's where they get all of us.  No dish either, not allowed.  

I remember the days when Comcast did contracts with local units of governments and they said wew have exclusive rights to your residents in your unit.  So no compettion is what they meant.  At that time the politicians should have called that a MONOPOLY but sat on their hands and did nothing.  Then they were allowed to buy a NEWS channel.  Well, why is it that everytime I come to the first page on Xfinity they have a little snippet from MSNBC and not any other NEWS channel?  I thought Comcast claimed they would keep the channel from being FAVORED on their cable infrastructure?  Too many things that are wrong with Comcasts fee structure that only benefit the bigwigs down to the workers.  

I would have NEVER believed I would be paying 250 bucks a month and we are POOR.  How come they don't have a deal for us?  They always add things we will not warch or put the internet speed up a few Mbps and they raise the price on January 1st.  

All we need is channels WE want to watch, not the channels THEY want us to watch, HOME phone, we have NO CELL PHONE BY THE WAY, and the internet.  But we can't get the speed of the internet if we get rid of things.   

They have a SET PRICE per month they want out of people?   I talked with a rep online chat in Twitter and got the bare minimum TV, no unlimited phone and kept the fast internet speed.  Mind you we are paying 250 bucks a month.  The change to what I just listed would have saved us 10 FREAKING DOLLARS.  Imagine that!   They are the only ones we can get and they KNOW most people realize that so they have us over a barrel.  I bet there are a heckuva lot of people who feel the same way, they don't want mega numbers of channels but in order to get a deal (which is NOT a deal) on everything else you have to buy their I AM A RICH PERSON package.  When the Comcast bill is higher than BOTH an electric and phone bill you have to start wondering.  

They have become SCAMMY in their relentless pursuit of MONEY because NOBODY SAYS a word.  TIRED OF GETTING RIPPED OFF FOR THINGS WE DO NOT AND NEVER WATCH.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. We absolutely appreciate you all being customers with us and definitely understand your concerns and frustrations around these channels being removed or moved. Every month, Comcast pays programmers like networks, local TV station owners, and others for the ability to bring their programming to you. We regularly review our programming and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of programming at the best value. We look at a variety of factors, including customer viewership and programming costs, when making these decisions. Per a new programming agreement with Starz, we removed the channel from our packages, but it's still available by a la carte subscription only. As part of our new agreement with Starz, we have removed MoviePlex from our Xfinity TV channel lineup.

We hear your feedback, concerns, and disagreements around this and appreciate it. I have successfully passed this information along to upper management. 

If you would like assistance with checking for any available promotions to help lower your overall monthly bill like some of you have stated, we would love to help. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Today I was told by Comcast that Streampix is replacing the Starz channels.  I've just taken a look at Streampix.  If I wanted to watch 1960's cowboy TV shows this would be nice.  I just updated my channel listings with Comcast a month ago and there was no mention of losing Starz.  This is a scam.

I'd like a refund of $8.99 + tax per month. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Why can't we get our channels ala carte? I don't watch many channels that are left after the numerous channel removals over the past number of years. Seriously why is this not an option?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You should have thought of that before.  These customers of your tv need things done before these changes happen. You all never ask the customer what they want until after you remove channels. We're tired of paying rebroadcast fees and sports fees.  You're the only company that charges for equipment fees, HD FEES, and additional outlet, while all the others allow viewing on more than 1 tv and offering free DVR.  You took Starz Encore channels away and try to lie by blaming it on Starz.  You think I will pay the same price for Digital Preferred when several Starz channels are taken away, you're nuts.  You offer no lowering the price for less channels. Bye Bye comcast tv!

Highlighted
Contributor

If they were necessary increases, charges, and changes, the smaller companies that are struggling to survive should be the ones doing those sort of practices. 

Highlighted
New Poster

My encore was removed and I don’t get the replacement channels. So I really lost out but still pay $220+

Highlighted
New Poster

Thnak you for your post. I was just about to post the same displeasure with the removal of premium channels for which there are neither no replacement channels offered, nor a reduction in billing to compensate for the reduction in product. First, TCM was taken out of my package and inserted into that incongruous sports package (at an added hefty cost!). that I have no interest in. Now, I lose the Starz Encore channels and MoviePlex is also yanked. Yet, my bill has inched up. When Icalled and was finally able to get past the automated Xfinity gatekeeper that shields the human customer service reps from the customers, the agent could only express to me that the company was far more disappointed that I lost the channels than I could ever be, but he made sure to repeatedly inform me that I could get an even more expensive package as a remedy. It may not be Xfinity's fault if a provider ends a relationship, but it's unfair to victimize me.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

same here, lost channels with no replacements and no drop in price. bill went up recently too.

less 4 more

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree this is ridiculous. As though they don't change enough, they continue to take channels away.  I am looking for a new provider. This is not worth it. First my TCM then starz now epic and starz others. 😡 unhappy costumer right here. Looks like I'm back to satellite or giving internet base watching a shot. Do better xfinity cable isn't cheap!