Community Forum

Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

Highlighted
Contributor

Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

Today 9/4/2020 checking my September billing statement I will be losing all StarzEncore channels and also MoviePlex on Oct 27,2020. Having the digital preferred package I have been recieiving these channels since the onset of my "contract" over 1 & 1/2 yrs. (I am a 20 yr Comcast customer) Will there be any compensation from Comcast since this is NOT the "contract" I had agreed to sign besides providing inferior Streampix channels, of course NOT, unless I sign a subscrption to recieve Strarz (of course price NOT listed on the bill).

Since TCM was my favorite channel I also had to sign up for the Sports and Entertainment package another jab by Comcast.

Anyone else feel this is a common unethical and deceitful way of Comcast business practices.

This is the note on my bill:

• Effective October 27, 2020, StarzEncore, StarzEncore Westerns, StarzEncore Black, and StarzEncore Action will only be available with a subscription to Starz. They will not be included with Digital Preferred/Preferred. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges. Effective October 27, 2020, MoviePlex will no longer be available. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Starz channel

Why am I all of a sudden being told I must subscribe to this channel when it was included in a pkg deal?  Now they want $5.00 more a month when does <Edited> stop?????

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Starz channel

And remember, that $5.00/month deal is only good for the first 6 months.  After that, you can probably expect to pay much more.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes u r correct, I think it was 8.99 after the trial.  Well they can stick it, we aren't paying comcast any more money, it's getting ridiculous the price of cable 

Highlighted
New Poster

Yeah this really made me angry, right before season 5 of Outlander, the only show I watch on starz. They have a deal though, get Starz now for $20 for 6 months. Thing is xfinity doesn't even allow the starz app on their cable boxes, so you can only watch it if you have a smart TV, xbox etc. Really shady, thinking of going to hulu
Highlighted
Contributor

Starz says subscription required

I can access starz encore but not the regular. Both are supposed to be included with HBO. Is this a known issue ?
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Starz says subscription required

Starz was removed from all packages last month.  It's only available as an add on now.

Highlighted
Contributor

Wow, bad timing since most of us are confined to home for the most part. Never got any notification in advance. But why am I still getting Starz Encore
Highlighted
Contributor

The Encore channels are still part of the prefereed package.  They were not moved.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have the preferred package but still get subscription required message on the main channel
Highlighted
Contributor

Starz was the only channel removed from the packages.  We only have the main one available now.  The Starz multiplex channels were dropped totally.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Have Premier and the same issue with Starz, HBO and Showtime,  Try to get a movie and they say nope...need to subscribe but we already do.  We have had Premier for years and have never made a late payment.  Seems like fraud to sell one specific package and accept the money but deny the service.  Possible class action suit?   Anybody get a rate reduction for this?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have the Super Triple Play which did include HBO, Showtime and Starz. Exactly one day before the season five premier of Outlander, I got the subscription required message. I called billing and had a serious discussion. By the time I hung up I had Starz for free until May 12th. After that I'll pay $8.99 if I decide to keep it. That happened in February. After reading this month's bill I learned that I'm now being charged $10 for rental of my home security touchscreen.  Don't get me wrong! Xfinity helped us tremendously when my email was hacked but an email reminder that our services are about to change would be great.  Searching thru the channel posts I read that a family had their tv service shut when they were unable to pay their bill due to job loss from the Covid 19 pandemic. After paying their bill their programming was downgraded. Seriously Comcast children are stuck at home. Have a heart for heavens sake. Life is nuts for lots of us. I count myself grateful as I'm retired but the middle class who was carrying this economy en mass is jobless right now. Sorry, I went off topic. 

Linda
Highlighted
Contributor

what a rip off. same here. starz was part of my plan. now they want me to pay for it. They gave me epix which suks. Its just $$$ to them.

I was just trying to do the chat on-line, I thought I was dealing with bad word here.

They kept giving me links on covid etc... yea, I'll check with comcast for my health issues.

I can't wait untill my conract is over

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The chat option may be a virtual assistant. Call billing and negotiate. 

Linda
Highlighted
New Poster

Removing MoviePlex?

That would be the fourth channel Comcast has taken from us . . . yet our bill just keeps going up.   It's  time to  DUMP Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Starz

If Starz has been removed from packages, Xfinity should remove it from the list of channels. I am looking to upgrade to Preferred and it shows that Starz is included. When I go to check out, it says it is $8.99.

Highlighted
New Poster

Starz

Is xfinity now charging for Starz after it has been included in the Premium package?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Starz

The problem is I just got my bill and they are automatically charging me $8.99 for Starz without even asking me if I want it. Now I have to waste time calling them and canceling.
Highlighted
New Poster

Starz

When did Starz get removed from my line up that I have been paying for at least a couple of years?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

It was removed from all plans late last year. Comcast also stopped carrying many of the Encore channels. Starz is now only available as a stand-alone subscription. Depdending on your plan, Starz was replaced by Epix and Encore was replaced by Screenpix.

Highlighted
New Poster

I also am being asked for a Starz subscription. As of 21 July 2020, the Premier plan on the xfinity website still lists Starz as part of the Premier plan.

It is listed in the Premier Channel plan displayed while I am logged into my account and it is also listed as part of the Premier Channel plan when I look on the website without logging in to my account.

I brought the subscription issue up with support in April 2020 and was told that the access problem was being fixed. My Starz access was restored and was working. 

It has now stopped working again.

I noticed that my May 2020  billing statement had Starz included at no charge.

But my June 2020 billing statement only listed access for 01 - 17 July 2020.

Again, if Starz is no longer part of the Premier Channel plan, why wasn't I told this when I called support back in April 2020?    Why is Starz still advertisted as part of the Premier Channel plan?

Highlighted
Contributor

All STARZ CHANNELS show up on my INCLUDED CHANNELS LIST - Why/

how can they be included at this date yet require more money? 

Flix

Starz Encore HD

Starz Encore Action

Starz Encore Black

STARZ Encore On Demand

Starz Encore Westerns SD
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

The Starz/Encore drops were supposed to happen several months ago. That is when Epix and Screenpix were added as replacements. So you have actually had several extra channels.

Highlighted
Contributor

I know the Starz/Encore drop was to happen months ago and I posted my displeasure about it then on this forum. 

But when I agreed to this "contract" I have, it included the Starz/Encore package at no charge so I don't consider this as an "extra" .  I can not recieve EPIX the channel says I have to subscribe of course for a fee, so how is that an "extra". I have received the ScreenPix package since the announcment change but I already stated my opinion the quality of that package. I realize per the contract Comcast can change and alter basically anything at least involving programming without any form of compensation to frustrated customers.

Just considering the movie channels I have lost  (not even talking about the issues with WE, WGN, ID. etc..) since my "contract" were MGM, Retro, soon MoviePlex and all Starz/Encore packges. And I now have to pay a fee to recieve TCM.  Not what I would call a fair treatment by Comcast.

My post was asking the other customers on this forum if they felt as betrayed as I that a powerful company with millions of customers that could have chosen to take a leadership role, ethically or at least reasonable customer understanding/compassion, but instead opted for the most financial gain regardless of the consquences to the customers.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am right there with you...this is really upsetting (but  not surprising at all).  And I am tired of hearing the reply "it is not Comcast who makes these decisions".  So if Comcast doesn't make channel decisions based on customer wants, etc. what good is Comcast?  How does Comcast justify increasing people's bills but removing certain channels to a "higher tier"???  I've been a customer since they were Jones Intercable, but loyalty doesn't count anymore.  Charge for a remote??  My voice remote stopped working, picture freezes, pixels act up on certain channels--but I will refuse to go my local store to change the box (again). 

A Message from Tom

Hello, I'm Tom Karinshak, Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Experience Officer at Comcast. As a Comcast customer, you are priority number one. We have a dedicated team of employees across the country working hard every day to make sure we deliver the superior experience you deserve. We are here for you. If you have a question or a concern about your service, we have numerous ways you can reach us. Please choose one that's convenient for you and connect with our team.

Read a letter from Tom

Hello, Mr. Karinshak, I'm one of the 'priorities'.  I'm looking into my other options away from Comcast; tired of talking with "loyalty representatives" and getting $20.00 discounts--and then channels we've enjoyed are dropped (i.e. channel that was enjoyed and showed "Bewitched", Perry Mason, etc is now the "Jim Bakker" PTL channel)--but hey, I do have three NFL Networks...

So, Mr. Karinshak....aside from paying more money, what is YOUR solution (I am not going to call a rep or go to local store)??
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Starz encore

Looks like we are losing Starz encore at the end of October. Per the small print in my latest bill. Where does it end?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Starz encore

@skintime wrote:

Looks like we are losing Starz encore at the end of October. Per the small print in my latest bill. Where does it end?

are they adding Hitz ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In one room of my house I have one of the small digital boxes which i could watch the encore chanels.

What movies channels will be taking the place of the encore channels that can still be viewed with a non X1 box??

Will Hitz be available on these boxes?

Wont be much anything good left.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

When the Starz/Encore fight started, Comcast added Epix and Screenpix. If you have an older grandfathered Preferred, you got both of them. Other users may only get Screenpix.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

But are any these channels accessible on the small digital adapters? The encore channels are/were
Highlighted
Expert

the X1 set top boxes are now $5 and less-expensive than using a DTA. DTAs will not have the same channel lineup nor access to your recordings if that is desired.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wow $5
I guess once everyone gets them they will put price up.
Thanks for info anyways.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Are you sure you got Encore on a DTA? I have one and it never got Encore or many of the Preferred channels.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes sir
They are still on there but 2 will not tune in anymore. I have 2 x1 boxes with digital preferred. I pay 9.95 for my 2nd x1 box. Hard to believe they would charge me $5 for a third box. Anytime I ever call or chat I get different answers from everyone.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

STARZ ENCORE

Am I correct in that the Starz Encore channels will be removed by the end of October ? When you are on auto pay you never get the information that is included in paper bills.  Must you sign up for the package even though you are on the plan that includes Encore?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: STARZ ENCORE

Information about StarzEncore is available at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/screenpix-encore-changes .

Complete copies of your bills are available for viewing, downloading, and printing by logging into your account.

billing.PNG

Highlighted
New Poster

Removal of Starz/Encore channels

I am paying over $220 for my plan and you are removing yet another of my Premium Channels.  Why is this?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Removal of Starz/Encore channels

@kathieb61 wrote:

I am paying over $220 for my plan and you are removing yet another of my Premium Channels.  Why is this?

Not happy with this either, but what can you do? Start recording any movies off there that you might want to watch. Just checked their library last night and I have pretty much seen everything off there that I want to see so I'll live, but still not happ

Highlighted
New Poster

Well, it is really disappointing.  It seems that Comcast/Xfinity does not care a thing about keeping their existing customers. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, we are very offended that Comcast continues to take away without replacing with equal programming. We are in our 70's and StarzEncore was a blessing to us. WE loved the old shows like Sanford and Son and we like the westerns too. I pray that one day soon, there will be another cable company from which to choose. It seems companyies like comcast, twitter, google, facebook have all the power right now. Hope to see all that change in the near future. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am unhappy with this too. Very unhappy! I got an email saying these channels will be removed  from my package October 27. Nothing about a refund or decreased pricing. Also got an email about local sports increasing by $6.20, I believe that's about $8.00 now before the increase. I don't give a hoot about sports yet I am charged for it and even get a price increase even though I don't even want it.

less 4 more

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

As noted before, this was supposed to happen nearly a year ago when Comcast and Starz got into a fight. Comcast added Epix and Screenpix. Screenpix is what replaces Encore. If you think about it, you have been getting several extra channels for the past year.

Highlighted
New Poster

Removal of Starz Encore

I recently receved a messge from Comcast informing me that Starz Encore was being removed from my Package.  I was very upset about this, as Comast has recently removed Cinemax and Starz from the line up.  I am in a two year contract with Comcast and assume I have no recourse to get out of the contract, even though when I signed up I did not think that another channel would be removed.  Comcast stated that Screenpix would make up for the channel being removed.  Screenpix was given when Starz and Cinemax was removed.  It is not a premium channel.

I believe that I should be given a discount on my monthly premium since Comcast has changed the contract and not me, as I would have to pay a termination fee.

I am very dissapointed with this news, three great channels removed. Not what I signed up for.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Removal of Starz Encore

There are several threads about this. This was going to happen about a year ago, but a semi-agreement extended it. Comcast has added Epix and Screenpix to replace Starz and Encore for packages.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Agreed! It upsets me And that’s being polite that ,Comcast takes channels away like Starz
Westerns and the only way I find out is my channel doesn’t work the same thing happened with TCM! I had to buy the sports package to get TCM which is only one channel  but I had to buy a sports package to get TCM.
Comcast is shady when it comes to charges. I pay a huge $200 ++plus bill each month. I keep on losing channels that I like. Comcast needs to go a la Carte where you pick your own channels you like to watch . Out of The 205 channels They say I get, I only watch about 40 channels..

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Agreed again! I lost all of my movie channels specifically TCM only to be told If I wanted to watch it I needed to buy the sports package! Ridiculous now my favorite Starz Westen channel is gone- well not gone I just have to pay$$$ more and I get less of what I the customer wants !
Comcast needs to go ala Carte where you pick your own channels. Out of 205 channels I receive most are junk I watch 40/205 channels max.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Agreed it’s upsetting
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes, I'm sick of this, too. The same month they raise my bill over $6 per month, they take away Starz encore, and Movieplex. I'm still disgusted at losing TCM. So many of what we get are garbage, and the ones we love and loyally watch get taken away.

TCM was a huge hit, as can be figured out by the massive protests, but all Comcast has to say is that it wasn't popular. Right.
In the meantime, we get multiple EAS "tests" which constantly interrupt on demand programs and switch channels, in an amount far beyond the supposed once a week and once a month schedule they are supposed to adhere to. Add in my box is always switching away from what we are trying to watch over to Hallmark Drama.
Frustration would be a mild word. I'm fit to be tied.