Community Forum

Investigation Discovery

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

What happened to the Investigation Discovery channel?  I was told when I upgraded I would still have the same channels I always had.  That needs to be added to my lineup or grandfathered in.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Investigation Discovery

Whoever you talked to was wrong, the grandfathering stopped as soon you upgraded/made changes.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

So how do we get it added again?  I have had no luck with 3 different customer service reps, who have all had different answers.  

Highlighted
Expert

@masj wrote:

So how do we get it added again?  I have had no luck with 3 different customer service reps, who have all had different answers.  

Comcast currently has no agreement to carry ID and it is unknown when or if they will in the future.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just renewed my bundled package the other day and discovered that I lost Investigation Discovery. I was told today that I would have to pay full price for my cable package without a bundle price to get the channel. So basically instead of 183.00 per month, they want me to pay 259.00 per month to get Investigation Discovery. Ridiculous! So after 26 years as a Comcast customer, I am having Direct TV come install TV programming with ATT supplied internet and home phone. I get all the previous lost channels that Comcast took away in the last 2 years and it cost 50 bucks cheaper. There's too much competition out there for Comcast to get away with gouging people any longer.

Highlighted
Expert

@Txneon04 wrote:

I just renewed my bundled package the other day and discovered that I lost Investigation Discovery. I was told today that I would have to pay full price for my cable package without a bundle price to get the channel. So basically instead of 183.00 per month, they want me to pay 259.00 per month to get Investigation Discovery. Ridiculous! So after 26 years as a Comcast customer, I am having Direct TV come install TV programming with ATT supplied internet and home phone. I get all the previous lost channels that Comcast took away in the last 2 years and it cost 50 bucks cheaper. There's too much competition out there for Comcast to get away with gouging people any longer.

Considering Comcast has no agreement to carry ID, the person you spoke with had no idea what they were talking about and was trying to upsell you.  I don't blame you for being upset and angry over it.  Good luck with the move.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We haven't upgraded anything.  My wife used to watch that show religiously.  Now it's showing in our channel lineup, but it says it requires a subscripton, but you have to go to the Xfinity website to add it.  It's not there.  

What brought me here is "See No Evil" has an episode tonight at 8:00 about a fellow motorcycle rider who was murdered for his motorcycle.  I'm reading on a forum that other people are able to get that channel and they will be recording the episode.  So, some subscribers get the channel and some don't?  Why is that?   If I pay $240 a month for a bundle, I expect the channels I've always had will be available.   I've haven't needed a reason to switch to DirecTV, but this bull will make that decision easier.   

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

so hwat channels are alternatives to ID that comcast carries?

Highlighted
New Poster

Agreed!!!!!!

I was told twice by customer services reps that "all of my channels I currently access will be in the new package"  ...   and, this included ID channel (although I had not asked directly about this one channel).   So, I changed to the GO BIG package a week ago ...  and, to my surprise/disappointment,  the ID channel was not included ... and, when I call Xfinity, I am told it is not included AND not available for this package ...   it was included in my previous package that I was grandfathered in for the past few years...    The rep did not make any comparisons of the package and simply replied "yes" to my question that "all channels are included in this package that were in my grandfathered package".   Extremely disappointed!!!

Comcast/Xfinity ...   bring back the ID channel in these packages!!!!!!!    ASAP!!!!!