Community Forum

Intermittent Audio Dropouts

Highlighted
New Poster

Intermittent Audio Dropouts

I have been having audio dropouts for a while now.  Video is fine, but the audio just drops for a second or so every few minutes...  I have recently changed the box feeding the Kitchen TV (Vizio D241-F) to an XiD, but still have the issue.  The X1 DVR is an Arris MX011ANM (XG1v3?).

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Intermittent Audio Dropouts

@JeffN23 wrote:

I have been having audio dropouts for a while now.  Video is fine, but the audio just drops for a second or so every few minutes...  I have recently changed the box feeding the Kitchen TV (Vizio D241-F) to an XiD, but still have the issue.  The X1 DVR is an Arris MX011ANM (XG1v3?).

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

more information needed. is the DVR connected directly to the TV and are you using the TV's speakers? or do you have a sound bar/receiver?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The TV is connected to the XiD, not the DVR, via HDMI.

Yes, using the TV speakers.
Highlighted
Expert

@JeffN23 wrote:
The TV is connected to the XiD, not the DVR, via HDMI.

Yes, using the TV speakers.

sounds like a TV audio issue. I have a new roku ONN TV that garbled sound then sound left. did a system restart via menu and the problem cleared. You might want to swap HDMI calbes and if possible use a different input HDMI port on the TV (don't use ARC for input).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

No audio dropout on the Music Choice channels.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @JeffN23, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. I can definitely imagine how inconvenient and frustrating it is to have the sound intermittently drop out while watching. We would be more than happy to further assist.

@Rustyben provided some great suggestions to help correct this issue. Did you happen to have the opportunity to perform a system restart via the menu on your TV? Or swap the HDMI cables, and or use a different input HDMI port on the TV?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.