Community Forum

ID channel and a lie

Highlighted
New Poster

ID channel and a lie

My husband lost his job (Covid) and we made some changes to our cable, internet service to save money. During the call, we learned we wouldn't need to downgrade our TV package but the price would change due to several boxes being returned. We specificially asked the rep "Will we still get all the same channels?" to which she replied, "yes." Then she said, "Does anyone there like ID?" My husband told her, "yes." She said, "That channel will be off -until June 11th-, we just renegoitatied our contract with them." (This was all on speakerphone.) So I didn't bother checking the channel until yesterday, 6-11, at which time the error of 'you'll have to subscribe to this channel' popped up. I know it will do no good, but a call to Comast is being made this morning. I am furious. I hate liars and might leave Comcast over it. ID is my favorite channel and lying to me might've sealed the deal. I'm positive I can get cheaper services elsewhere, even after being a customer FOREVER.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: ID channel and a lie

Yep, they totally lied to me about my service plan/cost this week as well!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I feel your pain.  I just upgraded my service to X1 today ( 6/12 ) and the rep I talked to asked if I would like to keep my existing channel lineup.  I said yes and she said great no problem with no mention whatsoever that we would loose access to ID.  My wife has left the TV on at night ( she can't sleep otherwise ) on ID for the past 20+ years.  It's her favorite channel by far.  After I got off the phone I hear from the bedroom "ID just went out, it's not working".  I call Comcast back and explain what happened and that is when I am told of the contract change and that ID is no loner available.  I was asked if the previous representative mentioned that and I said no.  The second representative was very apologetic and told me that they were legally required to mention this when someone calls in to change service ( whether or not that's true I don't know ) and then tells me that because the service change has already been processed there is nothing they can do and ID is gone permanently.

I've been with my wife for over 30 years and I've never seen such a look of devastation, she's been in tears for hours now and I feel  terrible.  The only thing I could do was subscribe to Hulu Plus with Live TV for $60 a month so she can watch it that way albeit in a limited fashion.  I feel cheated, I've been an Comcast / Xfinity customer over 10 years at my current address, far longer in total and I;ve never been so disappointed.  I sincerley hope they add this back to the linep at some point in the future, even if it's a paid subscription.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Looks like it's back in the lineup!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It looks like the customer service rep you spoke to was incorrect about the date but was correct about Investigation Discovery coming back.  It's back today.  Check you channels.