Community Forum

I cannot sign onto HBO Max

Highlighted
New Poster

I cannot sign onto HBO Max

I'm trying to sign onto HBO Max. I've been signed on since the beginning, but a few days ago I was signed out and when I try to log on though Xfinity. Im sent to a page that says "It looks like you're trying to sign in to HBO Max with a secondary Xfinity ID". Im using the same log in info this whole time. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Im still logged on to the app with the same info. Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: I cannot sign onto HBO Max

I have the same issue right now, extremely frustrating. I keep going in circles. I start with HBO Max app or website, choose sign-in with provider, select Xfinity, and then it tells me im trying to sign in as a secondary user. However, I have my Xfinity account pulled up on another tab and nowhere do I see anything about primary vs secondary user IDs. It's just one username which Ive been using the whole time. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: I cannot sign onto HBO Max

Hi @Azau44, this has been cross-posted here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Sign-In-and-Account-Management/I-Cannot-sign-in-to-HBO-Max-anymore-bec...

In a nutshell, go to www.xfinity.com/id and use the SSN option to look up your username to sign into the correct account that's not the secondary user.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!