Community Forum

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

Contributor

Re: Time to go...

MadMangs  i have moved to fios as well 2 weeks ago and it great get away from comcast the guide works a whole lot faster with fios and phone is whole lot clearer and they have  way more HD channels and whole more moveies channel in HD  with fios as well the only thing i have with comcast is the security with comcast and have tv phone and internet with  fios for 24 months too 

dan9033

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I'll try again.   Looks like my previous reply got deleted.   Hmmmmm!

The real issue with dropping Cinemax is with those current subscribers via "Packages."   I am on the Premier tv package which basically means I have all the Premium channels except the newer Epix.  I had 9 Cinemax channels available to me with only one being in HD.   Once Comcast added Hitz they felt that was a good enough subsitution to qualify for losing Cinemax.  If Cinemax is simply a replication of other services than Hitz is even worse.
And to make matter worse Hitz is not even in Linear QAM.  It's only available via On Demand.   Now I understand the transition from QAM to IP tv.

And Cinemax didn't go anywhere.  It's still offered as an additional package for an added fee.   But remember the package I was on already included Cinemax.   So what Comcast has done is removed a package from my service and now offers if back for a $$$ FEE $$$.

Regular Contributor

<Edited>

https://www.hitstv.com

11 very old shows with 3 more coming soon, not a movie channel at all

(not defending Cinemax's decline in usefullness)

@jbob wrote:

The real issue with dropping Cinemax is with those current subscribers via "Packages."   I am on the Premier tv package which basically means I have all the Premium channels except the newer Epix.  I had 9 Cinemax channels available to me with only one being in HD.   Once Comcast added Hitz they felt that was a good enough subsitution to qualify for losing Cinemax.  If Cinemax is simply a replication of other services than Hitz is even worse.
And to make matter worse Hitz is not even in Linear QAM.  It's only available via On Demand.   Now I understand the transition from QAM to IP tv.

And Cinemax didn't go anywhere.  It's still offered as an additional package for an added fee.   But remember the package I was on already included Cinemax.   So what Comcast has done is removed a package from my service and now offers if back for a $$$ FEE $$$.

Regular Contributor

Makes sense if they ask first.  Then drop it and reduce my monthly package rate.

Just swapping in some random new channel and continuing the same billing does not make sense.

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Makes sense! The repetitiion was one of the main reasons I got rid of Cinemax. Well, that and the fact Cinemax did not have any compelling TV series like HBO and Showtime.

@Rustyben wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

side bar question  - cinemax is one of the few channels I dont subscribe to so I am not affected by what you just reported. are you saying that Comcast no longer offers Cinemax?

@tctc wrote:

Great update, Auto Resume.  Is there a doc somewhere that shows which programs offer this?  I just found it randomly on a couple of my recordings.  Best new feature since I've been a customer, hopefully it becomes widespread. 

Ridiculous/illegal update, removing Cinemax and continuing to charge me for it.

cinemax repeats HBO content. xfinity has moved to a new service Hitz.

Regular Contributor

read your contract. I have not read it in a while (yes, I read my contracts lol...I read everyting I sign, which provides for a fun outing every year when I get a new iPhone lmao). If I remember correctly there is a clause that you agreed to that says that Comcast has the right to change what channels are in your lineup at anytime with or without your consent.

@tctc wrote:

Exactly.    Bait and switch.  Still billing the same amount.  Can't be legal.

@jbob wrote:

Regular Contributor

FYI...I dont think that link you provided is for comcast hitz. Comcast spells it with Hitz not the hits in your link. Here is the link to comcast hitz https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/svod/hitz?pc=1

@tctc wrote:

@jbob wrote:

New Poster

Hitz is no where near the quality of Cinemax and has no original programming.

Cinemax had original programming and played newer releases.  Hitz is just a bunch of older movies I have seen a hundred times.  I am not happy with this change at all and see no value in this.  In fact I feel that my service has been downgraded.  

Regular Contributor

Hah, thanks, that's funny, the billing/support rep didn't even point me in the right direction.  Never mentioned the link with the FAQ about it all either.  Par for the course.

Hopefully Hitz has something interesting.  Although I requested a monthly refund instead, I believe she said it will be $12.99 less per month without Hitz or Cinemax.   I have 0 faith I won't be billed for it  in my next bill, even though she said I wouldn't.  Also doubt the amount will be correct, I guess I should have "recorded the call for training and security purposes....", or whatever it is they say.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hitz

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

FYI...I dont think that link you provided is for comcast hitz. Comcast spells it with Hitz not the hits in your link. Here is the link to comcast hitz https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/svod/hitz?pc=1

@tctc wrote:

@jbob wrote:

Regular Contributor

I assume this will get bumped, and I just found another thread full of Hitz complaints.  But this is an update to the service, so on topic as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder if it can be paused...

So weak...

Can I record Hitz content?
Unfortunately, Hitz content cannot be recorded.

Regular Contributor

Sorry, I dont get the importance of wanting to record Hitz. It is VOD. Why would you ever want to record VOD? I don't believe any VOD can be recorded, why would this be any different?

@tctc wrote:

I assume this will get bumped, and I just found another thread full of Hitz complaints.  But this is an update to the service, so on topic as far as I'm concerned.

So weak...

Regular Contributor

I guess the only point would be that it replaced Cinemax, which isn't VOD  You could record movies and watch them using DVR controls, which are better than VOD.

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Sorry, I dont get the importance of wanting to record Hitz. It is VOD. Why would you ever want to record VOD? I don't believe any VOD can be recorded, why would this be any different?

@tctc wrote:

So weak...

New Poster

Why am I loosing Cinemax?

When I switched to Comcast I picked a large package with all of the premium channels. Recently I started to receive offers to subscribe to Cinemax for $12 a month. I didn’t understand because I already paid for Cinemax. When I contacted Comcast I was told that they no longer used Cinemax and it was replaced with Hitz. Which is a poor replacement. The I was told that I could pay more and get Cinemax back. Does anyone else think this is some real garbage?
Contributor

Re: Lower Bill for Losing Cinemax

@henry5117 wrote:

Will I get a credit on my bill each month for losing premium channel (Cinemax) for which was included in my recent 2 year contract?

Nice going, @henry5117 !  Can’t believe no one else has replied yet.  Sure, if you look at your 2-year contract, you’ll see that it actually is an “AGREEMENT”.  Only problem is, before I approved this thing I was given less than 10 minutes to review it. Sure, you can talk with Comcast reps all day long about it. And they won’t put it in writing, so I did screen shots, but it still doesn’t matter because AFTER I approved the agreement on their website, only then did I eventually get access to the “Comcast Agreement for Residential Services”, which does say they can change ANYTHING AT ANY TIME about our “agreement”.  And if you cancel you’ll be charged a fee, etc etc. BUT there is nothing legal about an agreement of ANY KIND if you aren’t SENT THE DETAILS until AFTER you approve it.  So Comcast can put anything they like in these docs that are only available AFTER YOU SIGN UP, IN GOOD FAITH, TO THE DETAILS THEY WANT YOU TO SEE; it’s something wonderful for customers and I’ll end with the terminology everyone knows: <edited>

Contributor

Do not delete this - Comcast “Agreements” can NOT be changed by them, so will they refund Cinemax?

Cinemax is no longer accessible to anyone even if it was included in your “Customer Agreement” unless you now want to pay $12/mo more than what you THOUGHT you “contracted” for.  And they can do this, or they think they can, because of the verbiage that’s in your 12 or 24 or whatever “Customer Agreement” and the long and legal-sounding “Comcast Agreement for Residential Services”.  These all say they can change anything about our services and we can’t class-action, etc etc so oooops, we just got ripped off AGAIN.  BUT, we’re never given access to this information until AFTER we approve the limited information about our agreement that they WANT us to see, so therefore it is NOT LEGAL.  IT’S CALLED, in the vernacular, BAIT AND SWITCH.  So, Comcast don’t delete this, because someone needs to tell your customers, and you haven’t yet.  You COULD make this right, so my question is, will you???

New Poster

<Edited>

Hitz for Cinemax?  <Edited>

Comcast defends its position by referring to the contract language that says it can change or switch channels at will.  <Edited>

Imagine you buy a car equipped with Air Conditioning, then the manufacturer decides to recall the air conditioner and replace it with a fan.  NOT THE SAME THING. <Edited>

New Poster

Billing glitch

In February, I agreed to a two-year contract with a premium package that included Cinemax.  Comcast has not swapped out Cinemax for the OnDemand network, HITZ.  This is classic bait-and-switch.  I never would have agreed to a contract under these terms.  I expect Comcast to honor the terms of the deal and provide Cinemax as part of my premium channel contract at the agreed upon price for the entirety of the contract.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

This is just a reminder that those of us who watch Comcast via cablecards and Tivo cannot even access Hitz because Comcast dropped on-demand support for TiVos a few weeks ago. 

For me, Comcast can’t seriously call Hitz a replacement because one has to be able to watch it for it to be called a replacement. (And, yes, I know, I can use the Comcast app, stream Hitz to my IOS device, airplay that to my Apple TV, and display it on my big TV. But there’s nothing on Hitz worth jumping through those hoops for.)

Or, to paraphrase the old joke, my complaint is that the quality of Hitz is abysmal and I can’t even watch it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing glitch

Go luck Brose220, my agreement was made in January for 2 years. 2 days ago I spoke to 3 different reps at Comcast....same story..
Bait and switch for sure...but the reps have been trained to obviously sing the praises of Cinemax vs Hitz as a huge customer upgrade.....calling is a bigger waste of time than usual. I also have Amazon Prime included on my contract.
.has never worked. Spent over an hour on the phone with them trying to rectify..
Final solution? Wait until tomorrow and try again...Cinemax is just another deal breaker for me!
Frequent Visitor

Hitz is a joke

I honestly feel like I am being robbed and then told to pay more to get my stuff back.

This Hitz channel is a joke. The movies on there no one watches. Cinemax has original programming, and yes, some movies mirror HBO. Hitz has zilch. It's just old movies. You took away what I was paying for, did not even compensate me, and now you want me to pay more to have my Cinemax back.

How is this fair to me as a consumer? This is robbery plain and simple.

Give me back my Cinemax and get rid of this useless Hitz channel.

Official Employee

Re: Billing glitch

Roxanne10, appreciate you posting about your TV concerns. What is going on with your Amazon App on the X1 box? Are you getting an internet connection error? 

Hitz has replaced Cinemax in bundled packages, but you can still get Cinemax if you want to keep it. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Hitz

Hello, SRK10. 

I can help look into promotional options so that adding Cinemax works better for you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Cinemax disappeared from being subscribed?

Hi there, Flyinion. 

Thank you for posting about your experience. 

I can help look into your account and see if there is a promotional price that is lower than what you are paying now, which can offset the additional Cinemax charge. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

Re: <Edited>

Hi @kleyrnm 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the for any inconvenience that may have been caused. And I hope I can make some sense of all of this for you. Comcast notified impacted customers about this change via bill messages or direct mail around May 24, 2019. Some new customers may have missed this bill or direct mail message due to installing or upgrading after the notification window. From time to time, we make changes to our packages, with the goal of providing a better value to our customers. Most of the movies on Cinemax also air on HBO, and since impacted customers will retain HBO as part of their service, Hitz will help us deliver a better variety of content.

From time to time, we make changes to our packages, with the goal of providing a better value to our customers. Most of the movies on Cinemax also air on HBO, and since impacted customers will retain HBO as part of their service, Hitz will help us deliver a better variety of content.

For more information about this change, visit http://xfinity.com/hitz. I hope this helps.

If you do wish to add Cinemax to your package and need assistance doing so, I'd be more than happy to help. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

Frequent Visitor

Hitz is all <Edited> films. No way should that's a viable replacement for Cinemax...&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Last week I found Cinemax gone and just hit subscribe and fix it later. Today I called and was told why Cinemax now costs $12/mo. They decided to drop it to improve viewers experience because it was mostly titles that were on HBO at the same time or recently aired. Makes sense as it is an HBO subsidiary. The problem I had with that is the Series. Cinemax's own content; Movies &amp;amp; Series... Gone. No Way, I'm in a contract &amp;amp; Cinemax is part of my deal. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;<Edited>

Contributor

Cinemax suddenly saying I need a subscription

I've been watching Cinemax for years as part of my xfinity service and it's suddenly telling me that I need to subscribe .  I'ts been part of my service all this time.  I've tried all the usual remedies and still get the same result.  I was getting an error message earlier this evening, a XF-03121 or something like that, and after the refresh, it started telling me I needed to subscibe.  Some guidance, please? Thanks.

Contributor

I have to say my issue is that I was never made aware of any change, I only figured something was wrong when my wife tried to watch a movie last night and my system froze and said that I didn't have the channel that I have had for many years. I don't like any of the politics of the companies/owners playing against each other and we get ripped off. If I don't have the channel remove it from the guide altogether or let me block it from showing up because it going to cause me issues.

Regular Contributor

I was just scrolling around and noticed that my Cinemax On-Demand was back up for free after it had been taken away. I can't get the two cinemax channels but the on-demand library is back to being free to me which is all I really care about anyway. Not sure when it happened, I haven't checked for a few days but as of Sat 7-27 at 2:30 pm I have Max On-demand again. I was going thru my favorites and was ready to get rid of "The Star Chamber" when I noticed it was free to me again. Thought maybe it went to Prime Video but when I checked it said Cinemax On-Demand and it played when I started it. Thanks Comcast

New Poster

Re: NO TO HITZ - ITS A LOW GRADE MOVIE CHANNEL

After scrolling through the “289” titles (many repeated in the list so less than 289) I noticed aged (1931), B &amp; lower grade movies but nothing reasonably qualified to replace Cinemax. I hit play on “The Changeling” and as we use Closed Captions, sat there while the writing was 20-30 seconds delayed from the audio. Ridiculous!!!!!!
Frequent Visitor

Hitz

Hey, im not happy abt you guys cutting off cinemax for hitz which has a databse of rubbish movies. Either reduce my bill or add cinemax for free. Eitherway you can remove hitz.
New Poster

Unfair trade: multiple Cinemax channels for OnDemand HITZ channels

I watch Xfinity primarily for the movies.  You just took away both my live and OnDemand Cinemax selections and replaced with the OnDemand  ONLY  HITZ service.  It is not an equitable trade.  Not to mention the added cost of using more remote batteries to find movies to watch on this OnDemand only service.  So far I haven’t found 1 movie that I want to watch...they’re old with a load of B movies and/or many are rated 40% or lower in movie reviews.  You folks owe me a refund....you didn’t ask us viewers if we would like to make this change....all for your bottom line, the almighty $.  I am angry and disillusioned.  I have been a loyal customer since 1983, if but there was another comparable cable option out there for me me to switch to, I would.  The last upgrade I had was badly botched and had to be repaired.  Let’s just say that I’m not a happy camper these days.....

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cinemax replaced with Hitz and Installation <Edited>

At least some of the people discussing this were warned.

I just suddenly found out I'm not getting Cinemax anymore, with no explanation.  I spent 48 minutes (actually measured) with a service representative that just plain flat out lied to me about a number of things, and I can prove it.  I went through all of my E-mail, both what is sent to me and what I receive on the xfinity web site, and I was never warned.  My guide still shows Cinemax as included in my package, but it isn't and I'm still being charged the same amount.  I agree that "Hitz" isn't a replacement, and that xfinity's explanations are inadequate at best, downright false at worst.

The only true thing the representative said to me was that may other customers are also upset about this.

There is a good discussion about this at

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Hitz-replacing-Cinemax-Really/m-p/3236567

but apparently they will not accept replies to that topic because it has been 'answered'

I plan to file a formal complaint with the State Attourny General's Office (which is where consumer protection is handled in this state).

New Poster

Re: Cinemax replaced with Hitz and Installation <Edited>

Xfinity really did me dirty here. Just terrible customer service all around

New Poster

Re: Cinemax??? Don't delete this post please

Cinamax is what we pay for..not hits..<Edited>...

New Poster

Well... looks ike I will be leaving xfinity. Cinemax is that serious. 

New Poster

Re: <Edited>

Funny
Cause I just called customer service and they said Comcast was NOT carring Cinemax?

I also got nailed.
1-Why are we paying Cinemax ($12.99) price on our contract but getting a sub-par channel HITZ ($4.99).
2-<Edited>

<Edited>

Official Employee

Re: Cinemax disappeared from being subscribed?

Hello, Flyinion. 

I wanted to reach out one more time before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

New Poster

Cinemax vs Hitz

Not only are you fraudulent, you are also treating your customers as if they were stupid. Hitz is an old movie channel. Cinemax is a current movie channel. This isn’t the first time. As soon as this contract is up, it will be the last.
Official Employee

Re: Cinemax suddenly saying I need a subscription

Hi @ron_gee

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Effective July 17th, 2019, Cinemax has been replaced with Hitz, which is a new commercial-free On Demand movie service. You should have been made aware of this change on your billing statements between May 24th-June 24th. Most of the movies on Cinemax also air on HBO, and since impacted customers will retain HBO as part of their service, Hitz will help us deliver a better variety of content. If you wish to continue receiving Cinemax, I can help you add it back to your account. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employee

Re: Hitz

Hi there again, SRK10. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

New Poster

Cinemax?

I used to have Cinemax. I just went to view a movie, and now it's telling me I need a subscription. Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't show up under additional channels, either.

Contributor

Well,   I was on the fence about switching my Cell Service over to Xfinity.   As I already have all my services thru Xfinity and carry the top of the line package.   I  find myself feeling let down again.   Some of my DVR recording will not play as they can't validate a Cinemax subscription.   So now I am back to deleting recording and Also paying the same for less.   Good going comcast,  keep killing off channels and customers might as well purchase internet and use a streaming service like Amazon Prime or another service.  I left Dish network and came to Xfinity for loosing channel this way.   Not that Xfinity cares,   As long as you can cash my month check, the consumer can be ignored.   As to the notice you sent.   I recieve mine bill via electrionic mail.  I had to go back a couple of month to find the one with the fine print.  This was poorly communicated and causes the consumer to loose more services.

New Poster

Re: "EXCITING CHANGE!!" dropping Cinemax and it's additional channels

Cinemax was removed, please restore at no additional cost. We had a contract that included Cinemax, I do not want HITS. I called your retention department and when transferred to a supervisor I got a recorded message so I left my phone number, it has not been returned. Nice customer service! Think of it this way ... You go the store to buy Milk. You pay for it at the checkout but the checkout person bags buttermilk. You say, I do not like buttermilk, where is my milk. The checkout person says you can have milk but you will need to pay an additional fee even though you already paid for it.

Regular Contributor

@neilz wrote:

Well,   I was on the fence about switching my Cell Service over to Xfinity.   As I already have all my services thru Xfinity and carry the top of the line package.   I  find myself feeling let down again.   Some of my DVR recording will not play as they can't validate a Cinemax subscription.   So now I am back to deleting recording and Also paying the same for less.   Good going comcast,  keep killing off channels and customers might as well purchase internet and use a streaming service like Amazon Prime or another service.  I left Dish network and came to Xfinity for loosing channel this way.   Not that Xfinity cares,   As long as you can cash my month check, the consumer can be ignored.   As to the notice you sent.   I recieve mine bill via electrionic mail.  I had to go back a couple of month to find the one with the fine print.  This was poorly communicated and causes the consumer to loose more services.

As an 18 year customer, I agree with everything that @neilz posted having now found myself in a similar situation, i.e. some of my older Cinemax recordings no long will play. 

I had just renewed my current 2-year Premiere Pro Triple Play (with 1Gig HSI ) 3 months ago, about a month before the late-May notices went out regarding Cinemax being dropped.

As for Hitz, I'm old enough to have seem most of its outdated content.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Cinemax suddenly saying I need a subscription

Dear ComcastChe...
I too am disappointed in losing Cinemax. I have noticed your offer to help - possibly with promotional packages and would like to see if you may assist me as well. I believe I must post before being allowed to send you a direct message.
Thank you
New Poster

August 3, 2019

Found out I no longer have cinemax when I go to use on demand.  Hits is total garbage content. Just look at the movies currently listed for hits.  Not happy. This is a total ripoff by comcast.  I guess I will look at hulu with with local channels and premium channels.

If hits is worth $12 per month, and cinemax is $12 per month why is customer not allowed to swap them?  Makes no sense.

Not happy in bloomingdale!

Frequent Visitor

I've posted my comments on the subject before and I'm not happy with Comcast pulling the switch on Cinemax either.  If they were really being true to the "reasons" they give for the swapout, they would have dropped The Movie Channel and/or Streampix instead.  I would give up both of them to keep Cinemax.  But the real reason is probably their bottom line (money) and their unwillingness to negotiate a contract with Cinemax in order to be able to include it in their already agreed upon package deals to the customers.  I would have been willing to pay an extra buck or two per month to be left alone and keep Cinemax.  They are always sneaking in a price increase here and there anyway with other stuff  thinking no one will notice.  But as far as 'Hitz' goes, I really take exception to those of you calling it all garbage.  Just because you may have an appetite for 21st Century Marvel/DC Comic CGI dribble doesn't mean all movies made in the 20th Century are all 'garbage' as some of you are claiming.  Cinemax content was about 40% older (pre-2000) and littered with "B" movies also.   Maybe you've seen all the good movies on Hitz already.  But true movie buffs will appreciate some of the really good classics that Hitz has to offer, and if you really appreciated film, then you wouldn't feel the need to trash them.  You can complain about the loss of Cinemax, and rightfully so.  But you don't need to trash the film makers of the past in doing so.

New Poster

What garbage! I think every year with more hikes from Comcast and less programming, when will I finally say enough. I think I just found out when that point is.
Regular Visitor

Re: Premium Package - Hitz to replace Cinemax

Good company line answer. Can I have this subpar "HITZ" removed and get a 12 dollar credit?

Frequent Visitor

<Edited>I don't want HITZ, I want Cinemax. Actually, I'd like Epix, too... and CMT (that's part of the SPORTS package, what is that about?).

Did Comcast do a survey of it's customers on their opinion about this idea before implimenting it? (and BTW, I don't do surveys).

Thanks Comcast!

Maybe I'll switch to DISH. Won't be switching to AT&T, thats for sure... they dropped my local CBS and NBC stations.

Frequent Visitor

Here is the question everybody wants answered:

- Why do this in the middle of everyones contract, forcing them accept what they don't want?

- Why not let current contracts expire, and when people renew they can consider gettting the new, but not improved, package deal? Same price, worst deal.