Tried searching for this and didn't find anything related. I can't imagine I'm the only person that has this issue.
The biggest frustration I have always had with xfinity is the channel numbers make no sense. Sports, news, local channels, etc. are spread all over the place. Looked at the channel list today and realized that, hey, once you get into the 1000s they seem to be organized better, awesome! Now I'm thinking that I can really optimize my guide by setting up favorites in the 1000s, not selecting channels I don't want to view, set my guide to favorites, and voila - I have my guide with channels I want to see laid out in a manner that makes sense. After spending about 30 minutes adding favorites, I refresh my guide to show only favorites and find out that all of the numbers in the 1000s I selected were not chosen, but the earliest appearance of the channel in the guide was instead selected. Now my guide has channels ranging from 4-1800 with everything all over the place.
In many ways my guide is now worse as I have to choose between either having something grouped well in the 1000s that includes many channels I don't want, or having only channels I want but everything is grouped out all funny. The solution to this is to let me pick the channel number as the favorite, not the actual channel itself.
Please address this soon!!!
I agree - the X1 guide is awful. 219+ channels? Yeah, if you count the same channel being listed 3 TIMES!
1) If I want to favorite 802 CBS, the guide also shows 2 CBS and 1002 CBS. So now my favorites list is 3 times longer than needed and defeats the whole purpose.
2) You can't read anything on the guide, there's only room for 1 word in the program description.
3) If you scroll to the end it doesn't keep scrolling back to the beginning.
4) If you want to look at programs that start in the 1400's, for example, it says channel 1400 isn't part of your package and won't take you there.
5) There must be an unofficial limit to how many programs can be in your favorites because the guide won't show the 3 favorites with the highest channel numbers. Thanks #1 above.
This is terrible and frustrating and I regret upgrading from my old legacy package.
Oh and by the way thanks for the making the remote buttons click like gunshots so I can't use it in bed after my wife has fallen asleep.
Thank you for your post. I have the same problem and no answers. In my case, the only thing I want is HBO on demand, which has disappeared from its old 301 spot and relocated to 1801. But I can't save it, and I can't save any nearby 1800 channels either. Another 1800 HBO channel neaby just reverts to its 300 number when I save it in favorites. How can such a huge "communication" company be so incompetent at simple information organization?