Community Forum

Fox "News"

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox "News"

I've read that Fox "News" is quite expensive. I have never watched it, will never watch it, and would really prefer not to be paying for it. Is there any way I can delete Fox from my service and save some money?

Or is my only choice to cut the cord completely and close my account...

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Fox "News"

You can make whatever choice you need to as a consumer but it’s included in your service

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Who are you to deny access? Letter being sent out tomorrow morning.

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree. I don't want Fox "news" and I don't want any of the money that I pay for my bill going to them. I would like some options. I hear that Fox News charges a hefty fee per customer. Why should I have to pay for something I find repugnant?

Highlighted
Contributor

I have many channels that I don't like so I don't watch them. They are in my package so I pay for them anyway. Skip by the channels you don't like and move on or cut the cord completely and get an antenna. You will only get a small amount of basic channels. You will never see Fox News with an Antenna!   

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, I understand that what you've described is the "choice" that the cable companies have decided to give us. Do you think that serves their customers, or their convenience and profits?

Wouldn't you rather chose the channels you actually want to watch (and support), and just pay for those? If we don't let the company know what our preferences are, why should they ever change?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Select "Limited Basic" aka "Choice TV" and foxnews will not be available on your cable-TV free HD-DTAs or xfinity streaming app or cablecard devices. 

Unfortunately for your goal, foxnews seems to be free for anyone via streaming so the best thing we can all do to make it cost monthly money again is to physically isolate for another month.