Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Regular Contributor

Re: FS2

@VG60 wrote:

what channel is FS2? Do we get it?

We don't. Unless your cable company was taken over by Comcast/Xfinity and already carried it -- then it's grandfathered in. This thread will tell you all you need to know.

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Welcome to Comcast.  I'm sorry you made the decision to use them, since they have been a source of frustration over the years.  If you read back on this particular thread, you'll see that despite their promise in their big announcement "Get ready for Fox Sports 1 and 2", we still don't have Fox Sports 2.  Fox themselves do not make this any easier, by scheduling programming we want to see on FS2, despite the fact that it has very few viewers.  But if you are watching a big race, say the Le Mans 24 hours, you'll find that most of the programming is on FS2.  Fox is doing this deliberately to manipulate us into pressuring Comcast to accept their terms, which from what I understand is to make FS2 a first tier (basic) offering, thereby charging Comcast for the maximum amount of customers.  You'll see in this thread, that Teds, Comcast's representative, will make all kinds of excuses, but the decision whether or not to carry FS2 ultimately rests with COMCAST.  And as you have also seen, despite many unhappy customers, they just don't care.  Teds has even suggested that if you are not happy with their service, find another provider.  Unfortunately, that is not an option where I live.  Sounds like you have other options, and if you want FS2 or MavTV or Bein Sports HD, I would look into those options.  Hopefully you have'nt signed a two year agreement.  A few of us are keeping the pressure on COMCAST, but it really is a futile fight.  COMCAST doesn't provide the "most sports"; and COMCAST really doesn't care about it's customers.

Frequent Visitor

Markdartj, you are completely correct.  It is the fault of BOTH Comcast and Fox that FS2 is not available for most Comcast customers.  Your description of the manipulation of customers to apply pressure is spot on.  However, it's a shame that the event's organizers ALLOW Fox to place their product on FS2, where there are currently very few viewers.  In other words, Soccer, Nascar, etc. should be complaining to Fox about putting their events on a channel where very few of their fans can actually watch.  But that is where the shrewdness of Fox comes in.  Fox writes the check to Nascar, Soccer, etc. to carry their events.  As long as those organizations get the check they want, what do they care.  Fox is making a business investment, betting that, eventually, the cable companies will cave and carry FS2.  So Fox will continue to write those big checks to the sports organizations, betting that in the long run, it will pay off.  Fox has a long term business plan to match what ESPN has created, ESPN1, ESPN2, ESPN NEWS, etc.  ESPN has become an enormously profitable entity and Fox is trying to copy that.  In the midst of all this big business, who loses....of course it's the fans of all these sporting events that are being carried on FS2.  For me as a Nascar fan, Nascar is already in a years long downward spiral of television ratings.  I'm to the point, if they put a Nascar event on FS2, oh well, I will just find something else to do.  So this is only hurting the sports organizations, as Fox and Comcast battle it out.   But in the end, make no mistake about what is going on.  We, the television viewers are simply the pawns on a business chess board and that chess board is being controlled by Fox and Comcast.  One (Fox) is using us to apply pressure on Comcast and the other (Comcast) is betting that they can keep the customers without caving in to Fox's financial demands.  I, for one, am tired of being played.  

Regular Contributor

@DennisMPrice wrote:

Markdartj, you are completely correct.  It is the fault of BOTH Comcast and Fox that FS2 is not available for most Comcast customers.  Your description of the manipulation of customers to apply pressure is spot on.  However, it's a shame that the event's organizers ALLOW Fox to place their product on FS2, where there are currently very few viewers.  In other words, Soccer, Nascar, etc. should be complaining to Fox about putting their events on a channel where very few of their fans can actually watch.  But that is where the shrewdness of Fox comes in.  Fox writes the check to Nascar, Soccer, etc. to carry their events.  As long as those organizations get the check they want, what do they care.  Fox is making a business investment, betting that, eventually, the cable companies will cave and carry FS2.  So Fox will continue to write those big checks to the sports organizations, betting that in the long run, it will pay off.  Fox has a long term business plan to match what ESPN has created, ESPN1, ESPN2, ESPN NEWS, etc.  ESPN has become an enormously profitable entity and Fox is trying to copy that.  In the midst of all this big business, who loses....of course it's the fans of all these sporting events that are being carried on FS2.  For me as a Nascar fan, Nascar is already in a years long downward spiral of television ratings.  I'm to the point, if they put a Nascar event on FS2, oh well, I will just find something else to do.  So this is only hurting the sports organizations, as Fox and Comcast battle it out.   But in the end, make no mistake about what is going on.  We, the television viewers are simply the pawns on a business chess board and that chess board is being controlled by Fox and Comcast.  One (Fox) is using us to apply pressure on Comcast and the other (Comcast) is betting that they can keep the customers without caving in to Fox's financial demands.  I, for one, am tired of being played.  

Dennis,

This might be incorrect: "Fox is making a business investment, betting that, eventually, the cable companies will cave and carry FS2."

I'm lead to believe the word "companies" might be incorrect. I think there is only (1) cable provider that refuses to make FS2 available to its customers, Comcast? The same company that has come in dead last in customer satisfaction ratings for at least the past (3) years.

Frequent Visitor

I have started to tweet my displeasure to the studio team.  It gives me the illusion that it could make a difference.  Example: 

warrenbarton2 EricWynalda AlexiLalas Are you bothered that when you blab on FS2 you blab to virtually no one? nofs2comcast FOXsnubsfans

Regular Contributor

Not quite true. They blab to everyone EXCEPT Comcast subscribers!

Frequent Visitor

Right, but Comcast probably has far more subscribers than DirectTV.  Yes, that's a guess.

Frequent Visitor

Ctstreetrodder, you may be correct that Comcast is the only cable company refusing to carry FS2.  Unfortunately in my area, Comcast is the ONLY cable company to choose from.  However, the points in my previous post remain the same.  According to a tracking company (Broadband Now), Comcast is by far the LARGEST cable company in the United States.  Comcast currently covers 41 states, with over 109 Million in population.  The next largest cable company is Time Warner and they only cover 29 states, with 65 Million in population.  So with Comcast NOT carrying FS2, it is a massive number of people who are affected.  Therefore, the points I made in my previous post.

Regular Contributor

Re:  This weekend's NASCAR race from Las Vegas -- XFINITY Series qualifying will air on the channel that XFINITY doesn't carry.  Yes, Comcast, we know.....it's all Fox Sports's fault.

Frequent Visitor

Exactly--The "Talking Heads" are just flapping their gums and wagging their prodigious heads at no one in particular.  In the meantime I can watch CONCACAF Champions League 2nd leg matches on UNIDH and GALAH--in Spanish.  If I want English, it's streaming on Fox Soccer 2 Go.

Regular Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

12:30 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2

Thanks Comcast.  Your sponsored NASCAR series isn't being carried in SW Florida BECAUSE YOU DON'T OFFER FS2 here!   I have cancelled my sports package and the whole of Comcast is next.

Highlighted
Contributor

I know, I would love to see it. This has been going on for better than two to three years. I believe Comcast will never add FoxSports 2. I also believe Donald Trump will be the next president. Hey, I can dream can't I?

@jefflange wrote:

12:30 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2

Thanks Comcast.  Your sponsored NASCAR series isn't being carried in SW Florida BECAUSE YOU DON'T OFFER FS2 here!   I have cancelled my sports package and the whole of Comcast is next.

Regular Contributor

Not trying to do a plug for direct TV but it addition to having beIN in HD and FS2 in HD. They also have 5 dedicated EPL HD channels. You can see from the picture of what's on my DVR that I was able to record all 5 EPL games yesterday and today.
IMAG0517.jpg
Contributor

I cancelled my Comcast cable package due to the lack of FS2HD, BeIN HD, Fox Soccer Plus, Premier League Extra Time, or GolTV. Living in an apartment, I lack exclusive space I can install a dish (though I wish I could and in awe of the screenshot above).

Instead I've resulted to Sling TV with the Sports Pack for ESPN and BeIN HD ($25 a month), Fox Soccer Plus on PSVue ($12.99 a month with Playstation Plus), and using Fox Sports Go and NBC sports live extra. 

I have no problems with paying for the content I want, but Comcast refuses to offer said content so for now I'm voting with my dollars and going elsewhere for my sports entertainment. Looking forward to trying out the DirecTV streaming package that is rumored to be coming soon. 

Regular Contributor

Good on you.  I am considering my options as well.  For racing, I buy streaming packages to watch V-8 Supercars (just finished watching the first race of the year, live, w/o commercial interruptions; and not that edited-to-fit-in-a-half-an-hour BS that you get watching on cable)

I do the same for WEC, and use a VPN to watch BBC and ITV coverage (essential when the Isle of Man TT comes around in June)  IMSA can be viewed on their website, also commercial free, and also live.  W/airplay, I can use the television instead of watching the race on my laptop.  For big ones, like the Rolex 24 at Daytona, 12 hours of Bathurst, Sebring, and LeMans, I can also listen in my car if I have to run an errand.  If I did cut the cord, the thing I'd miss the most is soccer, baseball, and football.  

All that being said, you need a fast internet connection to watch this stuff, and Comcast does have the quickest, at least where I live.  The problem is if I cancell my TV service, and just pay for Internet, then they jack the cost way up, so I end up paying them anyway.

You can get NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA if you don't have a cable or satellite subscription?

Frequent Visitor

Hi, FS2 missing from the channel lineup has been an ongoing topic in this forum.  Comcast has turned a deaf ear to it's many users who have asked for FS2.  I am at the end of my two year contract and am going to contact Customer Service directly.  I can go back to Verizon and get FS2 for about the same money.  Keep posting up here and maybe, perhaps someone from Comcast will take notice.  To make things worse, if you sign up at fox sports go using your comcast e-mail address, you can only see FS1 and not FS2 there - contracts and deals which do not benefit the customer.  I know we racing fans are a minority, but please? 

Contributor

Same with MAVTV.  Deaf ears.  We can be ignored for only so long  

Frequent Visitor

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Not available - THANKS (for nada) Comcast.  There are several threads requesting FS2.  No response, no rationale - no FS2.  Deaf ears I suppose.  sorry to burst your bubble.  Was just researching the Amazon Fire and it can run Fox Sports Go.  however The app, just like the website, requires you to login via your cable provider.  I can't get FS2 on the computer, only FS1, so the app would be the same.  comcast doesn't have a deal with Fox for FS2.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting - LOL.  Maybe I'll blow up this forum topic every couple days with the same post.  Missed most of the Daytona endurance rance.  Gonna miss all of Formula E apparently, Some of the MotoGP racing will be on FS2 I suspect. - Sheesh.  How about it Comcast???? Will ANYONE respond to your many, many customers who miss MAV and FS2?  Just filed complaint with FCC and dropped a comment into the FOX sports in basket.  And, oh by the way, FS2 is shown as being part of the Digital preferred package here (there's a check box) but not the big premium package.  Deceptive or False?  A mistake or intentional????  

Regular Contributor

You need to use this link if you want any kind of response. But all you can doi is gripe they still won't add it.
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

I did it and got a quick reply and believe me they have to when it's a FCC problem.
Hopefully more customers will do the same because this forum only gets so far, i.e. ComcastTeds
Contributor

Not sure how much of a difference it will make, but I just filed a complaint with the FCC too.

Mike

Regular Contributor

Nice!! more people that file and complain of no FS2 or MavTV, the better.
The person I talked to was suppose to have this forum updated with why there is no availability of FS2 and it still hasn't been done even after being promised that it would! No surprise there. Maybe another complaint filed????
Official Employee

@Denztoi wrote:
Nice!! more people that file and complain of no FS2 or MavTV, the better.
The person I talked to was suppose to have this forum updated with why there is no availability of FS2 and it still hasn't been done even after being promised that it would! No surprise there. Maybe another complaint filed????

Apologies. The most recent update is posted on the previous page from early February, post #1413.

There is no additional update to provide as of yet.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Adding 2 services

I would like you add the FoxSports 2 and ESPN3 into my channel. How much money do you charge it for this service monthly? Thanks in advance for answering.

New Poster

Re: Adding 2 services

Good luck with that I pay 170 for Internet and tv no special package no hbo or anything like that better off going to verizon
Frequent Visitor

Triple bundle Latino 3650 homephone internet 105 Bein sports HD ESPN deportes hd fox deportes HD starz HBO showtime DVR $175
Contributor

Just checked the NASCAR schedule for today.....

Imagine that!!  Final XFINITY series practice AND Sprint Cup Qualifying are both on Fox Sports 2.

Thanks once again for nothing, Comcast.

it just boggles the mind to think Xfinity sponsors the 2nd Tier NASCAR series and yet doesn't offer coverage for its customers.  It's no wonder Comcast has the lowest ratings for Customer Support in the industry.

Mike

New Poster

FoxSports2

I find it very sad that I've had the XFINITY X1 Platform for quite a while, and don't have access to Fox Sports 2. It is carried by all Satellite Netwoks as well as Comcast in other markets not far from me. I've requested answers numerous times with no resolutions nor explanations. I pay over $200 per month for this "premium" service. I'm a NASCAR Fan and FS1 switches to FS2 several times per season. Since XFINITY sponsers one of the series' segments, shouldn't it be offered to those of us who pay the bills? If this matter isn't resolved relatively soon, I'll be switching to Direct TV.

New Poster

Re: FoxSports2

I have a home in Mass where I have Verizon and FSP. Just bought a second home in a community in Florida where they have a bulk contract with Comcast and no FSP. I just added this complaint to the long list of customer complaints we discuss at the monthly home owners meeting and guess what - this will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back and goodbye Comcast. They will lose 300 customers (and probably still won't give a hoot. Talk about awful customer service.

Contributor

I hope east coast gets Fox sports 2.
Contributor

Playstation Vue is now available nationwide and they have ESPN(s), FS1, FS2, NBCSN all in HD for $29.99 a month, and you can also get BeIN HD if one upgrades to the $34.99 a month package. With a 30 day unlimited cloud DVR and apps available on iPad and Amazon Fire TV, this is a homerun when compared to Comcast offerings.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/14/playstation-vue-goes-nationwide-starting-at-29-99-in-new-m...

Admin1

In some areas we have this channel but not all. Expansion into other markets has to be negotiated between Comcast and FS2. Those negotiations are still ongoing.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

ComcastZach wrote: 

"In some areas we have this channel but not all. Expansion into other markets has to be negotiated between Comcast and FS2. Those negotiations are still ongoing."

Sure thing.  Its only been 3 years.   We wouldn't want to rush into anything now, would we?

Mike

Frequent Visitor

LOL.  Only been 3 years now.....  Somewhat good news!  I was able to get FS2 through FoxSportsGo by choosing the more carriers button, scrolling down to Comcast/Xfinity and then entering my Comcast login information.  When I chose the First Comcast option with the pretty picture I could only view FS1.  Hope this works for you.  Note that it wasn't a stable enough connection to try to do a video capture, perhaps too many viewers hitting the server?  it was good enough to watch though.   Course my Chromecast decided to stop receiving video about 3 minutes into it so I was on a smaller screen then I would have preferred but at least I had surround sound.  

Regarding my FCC and Comcast complaints.  I got an e-mail request from the regional Comcast asking me to call and discuss.  FCC was then informed I didn't respond to the inquiry.  The paper letter today said I didn't respond and they do not offer FS2 in my area thus I assume the FCC won't do anything.  We are all aware that due to a misalignment of the stars, FS2 is not available in all service regions.  Just for grins, the attached is the Comcast channel lineup comparison which doesn't state not available in all areas.  It is only after you give up your address that you actually see FS2 not listed..

Contributor

@Me-ManassasVA wrote:

LOL.  Only been 3 years now.....  Somewhat good news!  I was able to get FS2 through FoxSportsGo by choosing the more carriers button, scrolling down to Comcast/Xfinity and then entering my Comcast login information.  When I chose the First Comcast option with the pretty picture I could only view FS1.  Hope this works for you.  Note that it wasn't a stable enough connection to try to do a video capture, perhaps too many viewers hitting the server?  it was good enough to watch though.   Course my Chromecast decided to stop receiving video about 3 minutes into it so I was on a smaller screen then I would have preferred but at least I had surround sound.  

Regarding my FCC and Comcast complaints.  I got an e-mail request from the regional Comcast asking me to call and discuss.  FCC was then informed I didn't respond to the inquiry.  The paper letter today said I didn't respond and they do not offer FS2 in my area thus I assume the FCC won't do anything.  We are all aware that due to a misalignment of the stars, FS2 is not available in all service regions.  Just for grins, the attached is the Comcast channel lineup comparison which doesn't state not available in all areas.  It is only after you give up your address that you actually see FS2 not listed..

I got an email from the FCC last week saying they received my complaint and they forwarded to Comcast who had 30 days to address it.

Well, lo and behold some Comcast person called me today and asked what they could do for me. LOL!  So, I laid out the following for her:

1.  Comcast was the one who issued the press release 3 years ago stating that "FS1 & FS2 were coming to our channel line-up when SPEED went away."   We all have been waiting for three years and not one thing has happened to get us FS2.

2. XFINITY sponsors the 2nd Tier NASCAR series and yet puts Qualifying, practice and other related events on FS2 which we can't get.

3. This thread is the biggest on the Comcast blogs and yet all we get is "cut and paste" updates from the Moderators every few weeks.

She thanked me and said she would "pass my concerns onto Management" (translation?  It will go into the garbage and we'll be sitting here having this discussion 3 years from now).

Oh well, at least I tried.

The one positive? We are moving 1st quarter next year, my contract is over and we will be kissing Comcast goodbye forever.

Mike

Regular Contributor

Man it feels good not to have to worry about this nonsense anymore. Enjoying FS2 and beIn in HD.

New Poster

Does Comcast plan on adding Fox Sports 2 to thier channel lineup in the near future?

I was wanting to know if Comcast ever plans to offer Fox Sports 2. I miss not having Speed thanks to Fox dumping it to steal their channel.

New Poster

Seriously Comcast- you claim your greatness however, you can't even provide FS2?  If I want to watch the UEFA championship games I have to watch it in spanish- ridiculous- get FS2!!!

New Poster

Bayern and Juventus in a huge Champions League match right now. On FS2, so not on Comcast.

Between the Champions League and the Bundesliga, FS2 is an absolute must-have for soccer fans. Even though I'm otherwise happy with my service, I'll be dropping Comcast if they're not going to add FS2.

New Poster

can the spanish channels be added for free? I get a couple of them but dont get ESPN deportes for some reason. 

Add me to the list of upset soccer fans that we do not get FS2 on the self-proclaimed "best sports" cable package. 

Not applicable

Fox sports 2????

How come comcast does not carry fox sports 2???

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox sports 2????

wrote:

How come comcast does not carry fox sports 2???

Here's what I know:  Comcast and Fox are at an impasse over FS2.  Fox wants Comcast to offer FS2 in it's basic package, the same way ESPN 1 & 2 are offered.  That way, they can charge for EVERY household that has Comcast.  Comcast doesn't want to do that.  They blame Fox; Fox blames Comcast.  In the meantime, for going on three years now, Fox has been putting programing tha people want to watch on FS2,  with the aim of "ginning" up Comcast customers.  We are being manipulated.  Today, I was trying to watch 12 hours of Sebring.  First hour was on FS1, then it moved to FS2 for much of the race.  In the past, IMSA has offered live streaming to counter this, but this time it was blocked.  That is until enough people were complaining that IMSA went to FOX and said "Enough".  They made live streaming available on Fox Sports Go, even though, if you don't have FS2, you usually cannot stream their programming on Fox Sports Go.  This was done just in time for a lengthy red flag due to a monsoon w/lightning.  This is just for the race.  For other programming, the majority of Comcast customers are SOL.  This thread started in August of 2013.  It is now 30 pages long with nigh on 1500 posts.  If you have the time, you can get some of the picture.  Comcast isn't very forthcoming about why or it's future plans r.e. FS2, other than to say: "there are no plans to expand offerings of FS2 at this time...."  (even though they advertised that FS1 and FS2 would be available before the transition from SPEED channel to FS1 and FS2.)  I've talked and emailed with Comcast executives who have lied to me.  Comcast Teds, a shill who is the voice for Comcast on this forum has gone as far as to recommend you switch to a provider that offers FS2.  Hardly a customer oriented business model.  Comcast continues to dump a lot of trash channels that nobody watches on us, most of whom actually pay Comcast to be in their line-up.  That way they can charge us more.  They say that Comcast has the "Most Sports".  That is a lie, since a lot of the sports we want to see are on FS2.  If you have a choice, choose any service over Comcast.  In my case, Comcast is the only provider available unless I want to move (which would be silly; moving just so I could have a dish).  Good luck to you, and keep the pressure on Comcast.  It is ultimately their decision whether or not to offer FS2.

New Poster

I just left Direct.v. for personal reasons but am rethinking this decision. I am seriously disappointed that Comcast does not offer me FS2 but does give me FS1. Not happy I have to live stream FS2 to watch my motorcross!
Regular Contributor

@Ramonaday1 wrote:
I just left Direct.v. for personal reasons but am rethinking this decision. I am seriously disappointed that Comcast does not offer me FS2 but does give me FS1. Not happy I have to live stream FS2 to watch my motorcross!

Think again.  If you don't have FS2 on your line-up, Fox doesn't let you stream FS2 programming.  They made an exception today for the  12 hours of Sebring, but not until 1/3 into the race and under extreme pressure from IMSA.  Sorry.

Admin1

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 

Contributor

Thank You that's good news. Thank you for the response. Now if we can get Bein sports in HD next.
Regular Contributor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 

Are we to understand that Comcast has "added" FS2 to a current market area vs it being "added" as part of a "Legacy Contract" that Comcast aquired? If this is so, where is the market area that it was added to an existing contract? People here, that are in those areas, would very interested in that information.

Thanks

New Poster

That is great to hear but what is that select area you are referring too?
Regular Contributor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Is this real?  Or is this just another spin on what you have already done, honoring pre-existing contracts?  Why does this have to come at a glacial pace?  Just get it done!

Regular Contributor

So are you adding it to San Francisco Bay Area Region? Specifically Fremont California?
Please respond ASAP ComcastZack or ComcastTeds
As I will be considering one of your competitors.