Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

New Poster

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

I want to watch supercross live on FOx Sports 2. Any chance we're gonna get it in southeastern PA?
New Poster

channel line up

i pay a lot of money for a lot of channels i do not watch so how is it we have fox sports one but not fox sports 2. i love watching supercross of course i cant the few races a year they are prodcasted on fs2.

New Poster

Fox Sports 2

I dont understand why you dont have fox sports 2, i was told you had all the sports channels but looks like i was given a bunch of lies. sounds like im going back to at&t because you people are a waste of my time.

Contributor

Re: channel line up

With Al Jazeera going off the air, there's a perfect spot for a channels like FS2 or Mavtv. Sure bet we aren't going to see a decrease in our rates. 

New Poster

Re: channel line up

Add me to the list of subscribers that want and deserve FS2!  3 years and counting.  Really?  How many dissatisfied subscribers does it take to get your attention?

Regular Visitor

I was on Directv and very happy for several years, I was also on Comcast cable because it is the ONLY high speed alternative where I live.  The problem is that if you only buy high speed Internet you are paying through the nose.  I was extremely let down when I found out I did not get ALL of the EPL matches, I did not get FS2, I get Bein sports in SD and I am forced to buy the foxsoccer2go application to see the soccer matches I want to watch.  Directv has far better channel selection for soccer fans, as soon as my contract is up I am moving back to Directv unless Comcast get their act together.  It is very disappointing that a provider is limiting the #1 sport in the world by cutting off access to this growing sport to its subscribers.  I would happily pay extra for full access to all EPL matches, all Bundesliga, all Champions League, all Europa League, all in HD, just like the competition.  Very disappointing.  

Disgruntled new customer.  

Regular Contributor

Welcome to the unhappy world of Comcast customers! Boy It's awful here. 

Regular Contributor

I got the exact same response! I asked them to update this forum so we don't have to have a continuous requests to why isn't there a FD2 and why it isn't available. I was assured it would be done by Shantau H.
Executive Customer Relations
West Division and still there is nothing. She could have at least had her response pinned as a headline to this thread.
Now does ComcastTeds remove this reply or does it stay?
If it is removed, I assure you I will file another complaint with the FCC for trying to deny me access as a paying customer to this forum as I have not broken any rules.
Regular Contributor

And yes thanks Apple for the autocorrection is FS2 not FD2 !!!
Regular Contributor

Look at page 1 and see how long ago this thread started, and it is all the same from different customers, no FS2 and it won't be available. Use the FCC complaint link above let your voice be heard, otherwise it's a mute point in this forum
Official Employee

@Denztoi wrote:
I got the exact same response! I asked them to update this forum so we don't have to have a continuous requests to why isn't there a FD2 and why it isn't available. I was assured it would be done by Shantau H.
Executive Customer Relations
West Division and still there is nothing. She could have at least had her response pinned as a headline to this thread.
Now does ComcastTeds remove this reply or does it stay?
If it is removed, I assure you I will file another complaint with the FCC for trying to deny me access as a paying customer to this forum as I have not broken any rules.

Apologies, at the risk of repeating -  we don't have any new news to announce at this time regarding Fox Sports 2. 

Just wanted to recap, consolidate and summarize the current situation with Fox Sports 2 that some may find helpful.

Below is not new information and most all has been posted previously in earlier posts;

We certainly realize that anything short of a post that says "Comcast is adding Fox Sports 2 in all areas on this date and your monthly cable bill won't go up" will not be a satisfactory answer for most.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas. I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

We don’t currently have an agreement to add Fox Sports 2 to any "Sports Package", or as a single a-la-carte channel, as much as we might want to.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations.

There are other video providers (likely in your area) that may offer Fox Sports 2.

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2. The conversations are ongoing. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network.

Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses.

I hope that the above helps to explain some of the ”whys”.

Unfortunately, it’s not always as easy as saying, “hey, some of our customers want this this, let’s put it on and pay whatever the costs are and pass those costs along to all of our customers”. If and when we have additional news to announce, we will certainly do so here and in other places.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

i had to upgrade to the sports package yes the sports package  to get cmt and spike and i was told that fox 2 was broadcast on fcsp and fcsc so i take it that the person i talk with yesterday was wrong?  go figure..  so if it is not offered why did the guy tell me i had it??

Regular Contributor

I'd rather you just say nothing instead of the same tired excuses.

Official Employee

@donope wrote:

I'd rather you just say nothing instead of the same tired excuses.

Some folks are new to the thread and may not have seen the information that was posted earlier. Apologies if it is a repeat for some. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@knksandblast wrote:

i had to upgrade to the sports package yes the sports package  to get cmt and spike and i was told that fox 2 was broadcast on fcsp and fcsc so i take it that the person i talk with yesterday was wrong?  go figure..  so if it is not offered why did the guy tell me i had it??

Apologies for any incorrect information that you may have been given. CMT is now included as part of the Sports Entertainment Package in your area. In your area, the Sports Entertainment Package currently includes the channels listed below:

31 729     CMT  
260 698   NFL RedZone 

61 733     NHL Network 
262 Fox College Sports Atlantic  
263 Fox College Sports Central  
264 Fox College Sports Pacific 
266 694 NBA TV 
269 753 CBS Sports Network 
270 675 NFL Network  
279 692 MLB Network 
282 beIN Sports (English)  
285 World Fishing Network  
402 711 ESPN News  
403 754 Big Ten Network 

405 749 Tennis Channel  
406 756 Outdoor Channel 
407 ESPN Classic 
408 ESPN Goal Line and Buzzer Beater  
410 PAC-12 Network  

581 577 beIN Sports (Spanish)  

Fox Sports 2 is not currently available in your area. Fox Sports 1 is available on channel 265 and in HD on channel 691.

The three Fox College Sports Channels listed above carry primarily college sports.  

New Poster

Fox Sports 2

When will Comcast add Fox Sports 2?

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

Go to page 1 of this thread, look at the date. It's not going to happen, as ComcastTeds said in previous replies, there are other providers that have FS2.
Regular Contributor

"

@Denztoi wrote:
Go to page 1 of this thread, look at the date. It's not going to happen, as ComcastTeds said in previous replies, there are other providers that have FS2.

I'll save you the time, August 21, 2013 !  Approximately THIRTYONE MONTHS ago Comcast   had a press release that they were going to have FS2 in the line up.

Do ya think maybe they aren't going to honor that press release????  Comcast Ted's answer now is "There are other video providers (likely in your area) that may offer Fox Sports 2" which translates to if you want FS2 take your business to another provider, as Comcast is not going to provide FS2.

Which is zackly why Comcast has maintained last place in customer satisfaction over the past 3 years! They are now so big & profitable that they feel they do not have to give any attention to what their customers want and simply go with what they feel is best for their bottom line, PROFITS! Comcast Ted is telling you the company line: If you don't like our lineup, HIT THE BRICKS & go to another provider, we don't need you!

Get used to it, THEY DON"T CARE!!!

Regular Contributor

Exactly
New Poster

Under your TV Plans Why is Fox Sports 2 the only channel not checked under the Digital Premier Package (180+ Channels), While it is checked under the Digital Preferred Package (140+ Channels)?

Screenshot 2016-02-16 17.27.47.png

Not only that but with a cost to the Channel Provider at $0.28, adding it to different bundles be productive.  Consumers can watch more programming they want to see, but to Comcast a mark up of 50-75% per household would only add $0.42-$0.49 to the monthly bill.

Regular Contributor

Goodbye Crappycast...no more anger about no bein sports in HD and no FS2 in HD. Cut the cord...
Frequent Visitor

Hey ted I just wanna point out how ridiculous your reply was

1. Yeah we all know that you guys comcast are running a business and you need to make sure you control the cost and earn as much money as you can, it's a buisness at the end, we all get that.

But the thing is fs2 is a pretty popular channel, it has a lot of soccer games and racing events. Ok I admit it's not as popular as those top ties like espn or fs1 but still, it's pretty popular.

So here is my question, if you guys provides those channels which have so low ratings that almost nobody watches, yeah I am talking about the ones between channel 100-300 those channels owned by small companies playing old movies and tv shows, which most of them I don't even know their names, which are not even in hd, and those channels showing deer hunting or tennis, so yeah if you guys are showing those ridiculously low rating channels which nobody watches then why not provide fs2???

I am pretty sure in this country there are more people willing to watch soccer or car racing than hunting deers or tennis or old movies from the 80s.

So don't you even try to tell me oh it's because fs2 is such a low rating channel that there is no need to provide it anyway.

I mean at the end it's a fox channel, fox channels are always popular it's a big company, no matter it's fs1 or fs2 or fs college sports or fox news...

All the other major providers like direct tv,dish, cox , warner cable even cable one has fs2, I mean they can't be all that dumb to provide a low rating channel.

2. I know you wanna low the cost , you don't wanna put a bunch of low rating channels in the basic package so eveyone has to pay for it, I get that part. But why not put it in the premium extra package only the customers who willing to pay more will get it?

I mean not everyone want fs2, but there are some of us do, look at the length of this thread! There are so many people want fs2 and you are telling us no. put it in the premium prefered package or sport package or something! At least give people a choice!

so the people like us who willing to pay more can get this channel!!!

3. And at last stop blaming fox for it! All other providers had no problem with fox, you guys are the only one who broke down the negotiation with fox so you have to be the one who has the problem. If everyone gets alone with fox just fine and you can't then it's hard for be to believe it's their fault not yours. Just pay the dam money that fox asked for! Everyone else did so why can't you do it? I am willing to pay 20 cents extra every month if you give me fs2, and I believe everyone here would gladly do so too.

Anyway, the only reason why comcast such a big company would ignore a very reasonable request from so many customers is it's so big and earning so much money every year already so it doesn't care!

I suggest everyone just switch to direct tv or dish, after comcast sees a huge number of customer leaving it will eventually lower it's arrogant head and bow down to beg us to come back!!!

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

FS2 is available on almost all other provider's channel lineup. Instead of adding garabge channels all the time, why not add something people want to watch. Also what about FSP???

Regular Contributor

@Michelle7373 wrote:

Hey ted I just wanna point out how ridiculous your reply was

** deleted text**

So here is my question, if you guys provides those channels which have so low ratings that almost nobody watches, yeah I am talking about the ones between channel 100-300 those channels owned by small companies playing old movies and tv shows, which most of them I don't even know their names, which are not even in hd, and those channels showing deer hunting or tennis, so yeah if you guys are showing those ridiculously low rating channels which nobody watches then why not provide fs2???

Michelle:

Well here is the "little secret" that Ted might not tell you. MOST, not all, of the channels that you make reference to, do NOT charge Comcast BUT in fact they pay Comcast to have their programing in the line up! These are "fluff" channels that bring in great revenue to Comcast and they (Comcast) get to tell the sucribers how many "upteen" channels  are available. Knowing full well they are not popular BUT they are very profitable! Now Dats Da Name Of Dat Tune!

2. I know you wanna low the cost , you don't wanna put a bunch of low rating channels in the basic package so eveyone has to pay for it, I get that part.

Michelle:

BUT that is exactly what they want to do, & get paid from these providers at the same time! Is the picture getting clearer????

But why not put it in the premium extra package only the customers who willing to pay more will get it?

I mean not everyone want fs2, but there are some of us do, look at the length of this thread! There are so many people want fs2 and you are telling us no. put it in the premium prefered package or sport package or something! At least give people a choice!

Michelle:

You'll not get a choice. What you are wanting is what cable was "back in the day", when we could pick & choose which programing we wanted. Those days will never come back. Cable providers are making tons of money by having "packages", that is where they big money is now.

Anyway, the only reason why comcast such a big company would ignore a very reasonable request from so many customers is it's so big and earning so much money every year already so it doesn't care!

Michelle:

NOW YOU'VE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!!! They simply do not care. The time frame length of this thread tells it all. I really believe Ray Charles & Steve Wonder can see what happening here.

Regular Visitor

FS2

What cable channel is FS2

Regular Contributor

Well, here's a new one.  I just got off the phone with somebody (I'm bad with names) from the Comcast Executive offices.  While contacting them for a recurring problem with watching my recorded programs, I also expressed my extreme dissatisfaction that Comcast doesn't carry FOX SPORTS 2, along with MAV TV and Universal Sports.  His reply was that "cable companies are contractually not allowed to carry FS2".  Wow,  did that ever come out of left field.  You would have thought that if this were indeed the case, something would have been said about it, say maybe two and a half years ago?  Comcast Teds never said as much; he just blathers on about "How it has to make sense for all the parties involoved" (He refers to Fox Sports and Comcast, but are we not one of the "parties involved" too?  After all, we are the ones footing the bill).  So is this just another excuse for Comcast not bothering to listen to it's customers, or is this actually the truth?   Does Time Warner have FS2?  How about Charter Cable?  Anyone out there know?  Why would Fox not want more people to access their product?

Frequent Visitor

Total BS! Fox Sports 2 is on FIOS. As far as I know, Universal Sports no longer exists. They were supposed to shut down completely last November.

Frequent Visitor

He is abosolutely lying! Cable one has fs2, in hd...

Oh and calbe one provides hd for free instead of charing you 10 bucks for "hd fee"

Oh and I forgot comcast has fs2 in seatle so yeah what a shameless liar!

This is what comcast does, shamelessly lie!

New Poster

Don't put anything past Comcast, they have the absolute worst customer service, they nickel and dime you for everything, and they blatantly exclude channels as they conflict with their own agendas. In this case, BEiN not in HD and no FS2 is solely bc of NBC's investment into the EPL and those 2 channels play sports that would conflict with their ratings for those EPL games.

I've always said: the best way to win the war on drugs is to legalize them all, but require that all sales be purchased through Comcast Customer Support.

I'm not sure about you, but as soon as Google Fiber gets to my neighborhood I am off Comcast and never coming back. I currently have no other option, other than satellite which I'm not doing, so Comcast is currently the necessary evil =/

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: FS2

We don't know where you live, so we don't know.  Many of the Comcast systems don't carry FS2.

Valued Contributor

EPL

New Poster

Yes I agree that it is well past time for Comcast to offer fox Sports 2. I pay alot of money every month for probably 200 channels are full of garbage. I am also a huge soccer fan who would appreciate the games covered in Fox Sports 2.
Regular Contributor

Just got my dish hooked up yesterday and wow FS2 in HD, beIN Sports in HD, about 40 or more sports channels from around the country in HD. I can use beIN connect, watch FS2 on fox sports go as well, watch the NFL network on the NFL app, I could go on... Wow what a difference. The only way to tell comcast that we've had enough is to cancel your service. So far I'm loving it!
New Poster

Please add fox sports 2 in Colorado! There are so many great European champions league games that fans are being deprived of. Tomorrow I will miss Bayern vs Juventus. Please settle this and add Fox Sports 2 and give the fans and paying subscribers what they deserve!!
New Poster

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there's been nothing but stonewalling from Comcast on this for 3+ years....I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Also, don't listen to Comcast or their forum trolls, it is totally their own doing - not the fault of others.

Regular Contributor

@EmpireITtech wrote:

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there's been nothing but stonewalling from Comcast on this for 3+ years....I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Also, don't listen to Comcast or their forum trolls, it is totally their own doing - not the fault of others.

I would also like to see Fox Sports 2 added.

I remember back when Comcast customer service reps would take requests for channels that you wanted to see added. And some of those channels were added as a result of those requests. At least you felt that you were being heard. Now, Comcast gives you permission to take your money and subscribe to whatever other TV service is available so that you can get the channels you'd like to have. Which is a shame, not to mention contradictory, given all the media reporting of poor customer service ratings due to Comcast not paying attention to what the customers want.

Official Employee

@markdartj wrote:

Well, here's a new one.  I just got off the phone with somebody (I'm bad with names) from the Comcast Executive offices.  While contacting them for a recurring problem with watching my recorded programs, I also expressed my extreme dissatisfaction that Comcast doesn't carry FOX SPORTS 2, along with MAV TV and Universal Sports.  His reply was that "cable companies are contractually not allowed to carry FS2".  Wow,  did that ever come out of left field.  You would have thought that if this were indeed the case, something would have been said about it, say maybe two and a half years ago?  Comcast Teds never said as much; he just blathers on about "How it has to make sense for all the parties involoved" (He refers to Fox Sports and Comcast, but are we not one of the "parties involved" too?  After all, we are the ones footing the bill).  So is this just another excuse for Comcast not bothering to listen to it's customers, or is this actually the truth?   Does Time Warner have FS2?  How about Charter Cable?  Anyone out there know?  Why would Fox not want more people to access their product?

Apologies for any misinformation that you may have been given.

Comcast does not currently have an agreement to distribute Fox Sports 2 in additional markets on any level of service , including as a stand-alone single channel or part of a sports package.

I know that our programming teams speak with and meet with Fox regularly. 

New Poster

what is the channel for fox sports 2

what is the channel for fox sports 2 

New Poster

fox sports 2 channel

what is the fox sports 2 channel

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

You didn't share your location, but there are many Comcast area's that don't carry FS2.

If your area has it, then it should show up on the guide on your TV.

Regular Contributor

Well, Mr. Ted,  Your teams are failing miserably

New Poster

FS2

what channel is FS2? Do we get it?

Regular Contributor

@markdartj wrote:

Well, Mr. Ted,  Your teams are failing miserably

Your assuming "incorrectly" that these "teams" are even attempting to do anything!

New Poster

wish they would add MAVTV also.

Regular Contributor

Ok, Mr. Teds,  Here's one for you.  In all your "explainations" (excuses) on why we still do not have FS2, You've mentioned price.  Youv'e said it has to "make sense for all the parties involved" (although you've seemed to forget about the most important party; your customers).  You've asked us to contact Fox Sports to ask them why we don't have FS2.  Some of your marketing exectives have even LIED to me.  You've even gone as far as to recommend that we find another servivce and leave Comcast/Xfinity (Not an option for me).

I've done due dilligence.  I have contacted FOX regarding your impasse.  They of course say it's up to you.  Your talk of making sense just doesn't make sence in light of the current situation.  Why would Fox not want the maximum amount of viewers watching their product?  It's the same way you treat your customers.  You've set a price, and if we don't want to pay that price, we don't get Comcast.  Despite all your obfuscation and lies, the decision does indeed rest with Comcast.  Just pay their price.  Like everyone has to.  You don't have to nickle and dime them down.  

So my main question is this:  Why, after three years,  thousands of unhappy customers, and people leaving Comcast, has Comcast never asked the customers directly "Would you like to have Fox Sports 2 even if your bill went up (?) dollars?"  That would be an action that you could actually market.  Your advertising could say "Here at Comcast, we listen to our Customers", rather than the current business model where you just dump a bunch of garbage channels on us to justify the rather high price on your product.  You don't even have "the most sports".  That's a lie, since a lot of the sports we want to see are on FS2 or Mav TV.  (I guess, if what I've heard is correct, Universal Sports in no longer around).  

GIve us some input, instead of just providing these forums for people to vent.

New Poster

I agree with all the complainers that Comcast should give us the option to "pay more" for Fox Sports 2 and BeIn Sports in HD.  Don't just not offer it, offer it under a sports package that we have to pay a certain amount for.  If people want it, they will pay for it and Comcast will have happier customers.  Seems like a pretty easy fix here.  Am I wrong?

Contributor

New customer here. I must say that I am extremly surprised to not to see FS2 in Comcast's lineup. I do not know of any other provider who is not offering this channel. (at least in my area)

I thought my previous provider was bad, but now that I compare the programming choices between the 2 providers I start to regret my decision.

New Poster

tv channel

how to receive FS2 channel.Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: tv channel

Comcast currently doesn't carry Fox Sports 2.

Regular Contributor

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

New customer here. I must say that I am extremly surprised to not to see FS2 in Comcast's lineup. I do not know of any other provider who is not offering this channel. (at least in my area)

I thought my previous provider was bad, but now that I compare the programming choices between the 2 providers I start to regret my decision.

Welcome! If you have time, take a scroll through this thread (I think it's the longest of the "Channels and Programming" threads so far). You'll find that people have been signed up by being told that yes, Comcast carries FS2 (clever devils -- it's Xfinity who doesn't carry it, ha ha). You'll find that Comcast (or Xfinity) executives have stated that you are welcome to take your business elsewhere if they don't have a channel that you want (as opposed to years ago, when Comcast did take channel requests and honored them). And you'll find at least one posting where a new customer was told by Comcast customer service that no cable provider carries FS2 -- which is obviously not true. Something for everybody.....except Fox Sports 2.