Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2?????

@TheBate wrote:

This is a question about a channel that I believe is not carried by Xfinity.  Where or can we see FOX SPORTS 2?  This channel was the only place last November where the Cal-Stanford Big Game was located for the entire first quarter.  Local fans wait yearly for this event and the LA feed showed us Oklahoma football and the entire post game show on FS1 before they kicked over to the Cal game.  The ladies FIFA soccer tournament has been on recently and again games are exclusivikly featured on FS2, which I believe Xfinity is not carrying.  So I ask - when will Xfinity offer its loyal subscribers this channel? The BigTen network is an additional charge, so maybe FS2 should be offered that way, but in the perfect world BOTH these channels should be offered on the Sports package that includes Pac10 and the SEC.

Greetings! When you have a bit of free time (maybe during a sporting event you can't watch because it's on Fox Sports 2), start at the beginning of this thread and read on through. You are far from alone in your thoughts, my friend.

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

Still waiting for Comcast in Manahawkin, New Jersey, to offer Fox Sports 2.  Will miss two Sprint Cup practice sessions tomorrow.  If I had a viable alternative to Comcast I would be there immediately.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If you still have time after that , start at channel 2 and go through all of the channels and make a note of how many channels we have to pay for that we have no use for versus how many you actually watch . I think we are already getting it from everyone involved in TV pretty darn good already .. Maybe they need to get rid of the usless BS they are shoving down our throats .

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Some of those channels that nobody watches actually pay Comcast to be on their line up, which Comcast says helps defray the cost of providing us service.  Big joke there is they are actually charging us for channels that are paying them.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Another Day of NASCAR, still no Fox Sports 2

Here we are again with another day of NASCAR - this time the lead series (Sprint Cup), with both practice sessions being shown on Fox Sports 2.  How can Comcast be ignoring this?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

We need Fox sports 2 because I'm a NASCAR fan and I don't care for soccer that much. I also a Yankees fan and I like the Yes network, why isn't this network on the dial?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Race coverage on FS2

@joshquig wrote:

Gold Cup starts in about a week and half the games are scheduled for Fox Sports 2.  Come of Comcast, get with it already and add Fox Sports 2 HD. Even if you put it in the Sports Entertainment Package, I know I would subscribe, and I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

How do they not carry fs2 - easy - the people that pay them to carry their shows or channels place no demands and don't pay any attention. Bascar, imsa, other racing series are well aware of the comcast fox sports feud. And do nothing about it. Plus comcast well knows this feud isnt just with them, fox is one evil company and is feuding with almost all tv providers - most of the satellite systems etc. So in comcast's eyes - they are off the hood - why fight to carry it if no one else does either - and whether nascar (my bias) or anyone else - doesnt make fox or comcast carry their broadcasts for the fans. 25 pages here, every weekend on the nascar web site where fans can comment, on fox sports pages, on all of their facebook pages - and what happens - zip, nada, nothing. For three years and counting. They get our money and in return we are watching truck you on velocity or rally cross on nbc sports, or reruns on antenna tv or me tv, etc, becuse what was on for decades - prior to fox buying speed, prior to comcast buying nbc - we that were home during the day (umemnployed like me, rich folks, folks thaty happen to work but have fridays free) we counted on putting on speed to see practice and qualifying each friday during the 9 month racing season. First espn abandoned qualifying and practices but we still had speed if they carried it. Then speed got bought and destroyed in the states. Then comcast bought nbc, tried to by time warner and others, I think they own all or part of verizon, and last season espn ended any nascar coverage as comcast bragged all over the place how nascar coverage would be better than ever as they got title sponsorship to the xfinity (b tier) series, plus of course that they own nbc and nbc sports. 

Of course now with racing well into the season, the xfinitly/comcast (could they finally pick ONE name???) tv commercials turned out as all their ads, the hype never matched reality. They are raking in cash, fox is raking in cash, racing series still have fans that attend and buy junk from the trailers, though anylong time fan sees on tv all the empty seats anymore because nascar and others haven't had fan's backs for easily a decade and it is only getting worse. If they and other sports that contract with fox, and any that also contract with the tv providers, cable, satellite etc, dont put any demands in place for coverage - then we get what has been happending the past three years since speeds demise. 

Here in chicago the cubs historically were on wgn, a large independent. the local abc affiliate never carried any local major league baseball, football or basketball or even local hockey - despite the bulls won nba titles, the brears won a superbowl, the cubs, oh well someday, the white sox several world series. Yes the local abc affiliate on weekends as it had ties with espn carried occasional nascar. All of a sudden big announcements at the same time comcast was telling us we'd see better nascar in 2015 than every before thanks to them, simultaneously the local abc channel (wls tv chicago) was bragging to be the new home of the cubs. Guess which one kept their word - of course not comcast. Just a local chicago station - they put on every cubs game they can local or out of town. A couple weekends ago was supposed to be some one off indy race on abc on a saturday - satrdays are when cbs, nbc and abc except for local news, the network stuff usually supersedes local stuff - so we see baseball, football etc - on Saturday's and sundays on abc, nbc and cbs. Not as well nbc and cbs have finally viable sports channels. Fox had to have one too, so they made fox sports one and two, and like the networks, on weekends carried their half season of the sunday nascar races. NO practice or qualifying - just the main sprint cup race. And a trend espn/abc started - at racres end going straight to sports center or fox sports center now that espn is gone instead of victory lane and a half hour of interviews. Ya they cut back but it isnt the same. 

In the end, we are just the fans footing the bill.. Apparently the chicago cubs can get wls tv to show every cubs game without exception. the nfl, nba, nca, and hockey seem to have no problem ensuring their games are covered and televised as well - yes for a while the nfl went through hated local blackouts depending on ais - a blank blank is seats - ie seats sold for in person attendance. 

Fifa with all its executives headed to jail apparently still manages to have demands that fox televise everything, even sepp bladders election overriding nascar qualifying, then 3 days later he resigned from fifa, but we cant get back the missed nascar coverage. But auto racing sports apparently don't place any demands on fox, or comcast or nbc or the satellite systems, so in the end, we have weekends like last and this weekends where there is next to know auto racing espcially no nascar - because what is covered fox dumps to fox sports 2 so they fulfill the demands fifa places on them where nascar is sound asleep and lets them do as they please.

So this blog/forum/thread will never make any difference. What will is if any of the sports we miss that are dumped to fox sports 2 finally insist and put in their contracts that they have to be televised, and live and on the primary channels they contract with. Until then, xifinity will have free advertising for a series no comcast xfinity customer can watch most weekends, and we have ted making sure we don't swear too often, and otherwise occasional give the corporat espin, and now as the past three years and the next three years, it will if it changes in ANY way - just further deteriorate. How do fans make a difference - stop subscribing to comcast, the satellite systems, etc. Stop going to the nascar events and buying die cast cars caps and t shirts from the trucks on the runway as you walk in. Fans can make a difference in effect with their wallets. 

Companies like neilson measure network tv shows we watch in the evenings, and when ratings are bad, abc, nbc, cbs, fox come up with changes because they want sponsors to pay and viewership as high as possible. But stuff like nascar still has in bred management - i.e. where all professional sports have a president, and board of directors, many publicly traded, nascar is owned and the board made up of the grandkids of three founder. They own severla tracks, make up the season schedule, all the racing rules, and do all the contracting with nbc, comcast xfinity and fox. The grandson of the founder of nascar is the current ceo - and he inherited it as a silver spoon and so did his sister. he never was a fan and got in legal trouble for allegations of substances and infide,ity allegations - despite the sport having a hand line and expels drivers on drugs or drivers that hit their wives or girlfriends, one was exiled by nascar before the legal system  even handed down a management, ironic the legal judgement said he was free to go. Only then the sport let him back in after missing the biggest race of the season, the daytona 500. So with a company like nascar, run the way it is, there is no way for fans to call and talk to someone live at nascar, they have a meaningless fan council that is just platitudes, and they let television do what they please - we have this - fans livid, and watching reruns and stuff we don't want to because we don't have a sport run my a public board and corporation rather than a family handing things down, makes its own rules, gives its own tracks the plum races etc. It isnt just fox and xfinilty comcast that aren't looking out for us, when sports series like nascar are run the way they are. 

hoiw much are you paying each month to comcast or a satellite provider - 100, 200, 300, 400 bucks? in 1983 when I signed up I had all the prermium movie channels and saw all the racing I wanted - for 38 bucks a month. now 30 plus years later it is so deficient for my viewing I still pay qwell over a hundred bucks, have next to none channels that are cable specific, mostly just free tv and variants and yet I have about half of the racing channels I want, but I am also paying for ethnic channels I dont want, and all these blocks of channels reserved for nfl, nba etc while my type of sport is barely televised anymore. How long you going to keep paying hundreds a month if they wont carry what you want - I'm not pointing this at comcast only - any tv provider you pay for - if they dont carry what you want - why are you still paying them every month??????

Highlighted
Contributor

couetesy of jayskis.com  as I end friday livid not one second of racing has been shown until now near midnight nbc sports airs a tape of qulifying but traditional friday nascar coverage on fs1 has been this time all day golf....read someone suggest nascar cut over now for the season from fox to nbc sports and gave fictional examples of  fox nascar announcers larry mac and mikey waltrip announcing live golf...

anyway jayskis quote re last weeks xfinity series thqat no one on comcast or uverse saw:

• Chicago TV Ratings: NASCAR Xfinity Series racing from Chicago drew just 377,000 viewers on Fox Sports 2 Sunday afternoon, easily the series' smallest audience of the season. The race was originally scheduled to air on FS1 Saturday night, but was postponed due to rain.(Sports Media Watch via Sports TV Ratings)(6-24-2015)

so are we just clueless - all this fifa stuff on fs1 and today all day golf - is golf, the worlds dullest sport to watch suddenly the hot ticket even qwith tiger all but retired?

By the way when nascar comes to town, traditionally chicago local news stations who never in the sports segments mention any auto raaccing results save the indy 500 winner or a giant wreck or death usually pretend they are all into nascar when it is in town, granted last weekend was the less followed b tier (xfinity) series, nasscar promised to put the top tier, b tier and trucks together on weekends at the same tracks and since the promise, less and less often does that ever happen...if not one station was in joliet lasts weekend and under 400 thousand viewers world wide - how does nascar not do anything about fox and their game playing with comcast, att, direct tv and others? easy answer - no one  in management at nascar cares.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
Contributor

some alleged writer named Kelly Crandall wrote this article for an online web site / racing magazine called Popular Speed.

(Note I deleted the banners and pictures for space, her pic she looks all of a 21 - pony tail and all - clearly a nascar expertl.
I did email her a reply which follows her so called editorial. Anyway. first her stuff:
EDITORIAL Comcast Over-Delivering Early
By Kelly Crandall | June 25, 2015

For as quickly as it became comfortable to pronounce “the NASCAR XFINITY Series” so too was an impression made on those who represent it.

Six months into their partnership with NASCAR as the entitlement sponsor of the second-tier division, Comcast has not only picked up the ball, but run with it since day one. Quite contrary from the atmosphere felt during the September announcement when it appeared the company’s focus was on finding their footing in the sport while planning for adventures down the road.

But the future came quicker than expected and not without notice.

“They picked up and really exceeded everybody’s expectations for a new sponsor coming into a role like they did,” said current XFINITY Series point leader@Chris_Buescher. “There is a lot of responsibility that goes into it and a lot of work and they’ve really put in 110 percent effort to make it work, and it’s been really impressive to see.”

In building something new, however, Comcast started by keeping a piece of old.

Comcast aims to brand and leave a mark all their own on the series but recognized the ability to continue the growth of ideas previously in place. Notably adopting the “Dash 4 Cash” program implemented by Nationwide Insurance and giving it an XFINITY makeover with new venues hosting the $100,000 bonus races.

The decision immediately struck a cord with drivers, Buescher among the many who praised the decision to keep a program that adds extra exposure to the teams while including the fans. But the racing aspect of the NASCAR / Comcast partnership was never in doubt, and the XFINITY Series strongly rolls on into the summer months.

Through the first 14 races, there have been nine different winners, two of which were first timers. The “Dash 4 Cash” handed out their first bonus check in Dover, the same weekend Roush Fenway Racing teammates collided for the win. Headlines have been plentiful, the talent captivating.

No, Comcast faced a more daunting task than sponsoring a NASCAR series: keeping all stakeholders happy by delivering on the track (for drivers) as well as off it (for fans).

“If you look at some of the stuff NASCAR has been able to give us as teams, we now have live Internet on our pit boxes, where in the past it never worked. [NASCAR] said XFINITY was a big part of that,”@Brendan62 revealed.

“With NASCAR’s new pit road camera system, they are able to send us, if we get an infraction, they’ll send us the pictures right away now. So it’s enabled us to have better communication with our teams during races, between our own guys, and better communication with the shop during races.”

NASCAR’s at-track activation is the modern day word of mouth for a company looking to expose their product to the public. In NASCAR, through different fan zones and midways around the country, thousands of potential customers are reached each weekend through one simple platform.

Welcome to the XFINITY Zone.

Currently at marquis events on the schedule – next stop Daytona – or in areas providing Comcast service, XFINITY is not just a sponsor, it’s a product and Comcast continues to look for ways to deliver it to fans. Most recently the zone appeared at Dover and Charlotte, the latter where Richard Childress Racing driver @bscottracinggot a glimpse of it firsthand.

As every NASCAR track has some form of a midway where merchandise can be purchased, games played and products sampled, Comcast as dipped a toe in the water with a display mixed of racing and entertainment. Not the most flashy or largest area, the XFINITY Zone does have the most expensive features, and that’s aside from displaying the new championship trophy.

In the XFINITY Zone fans are given the chance to

• Register a personal ID card, which can be used throughout the zone for a variety of activities
  • That includes registering to participate in the “Dash 4 Cash” program
  • Or taking computer-generated picture either in a NASCAR firesuit or next to a driver

Don’t forget about spinning the prize wheel and check out the Driver Dens. The space, one designed by Carl Edwards and the other @ChaseElliott, features items the drivers donated. It’s an area designed to show off their personalities. Edwards’ area featured a mountain bike and guitar; Elliott’s a snowboard and gaming system.

Some of these items could also possibly head home with fans. And speaking of the fans, those with Comcast service, or needing a reason to explore switching their services, are given a demonstration of the latest and greatest technology, for instance, the talking remote.

Relatively new, the remote is essentially a smartphone with voice commands to navigate around the television. Through the X1 Entertainment Operating System, apps for the weather and traffic can be checked on a sidebar while the selected television program is still playing on screen.

Interested in what’s trending on TV? There’s an option for that to help decide what show you should be watching. Or, perhaps you’d like to share video (perhaps while sitting in the grandstands of a race) from your phone to a friend sitting at home? There’s an option for it to be sent directly to their television.

“I think they’ve done a great job with the changes and to be able to step up and do what they’ve done, and this is just a couple months into their first year, and they’ve come on board for many, many more, so we’re excited,” Buescher said. “It’s been a great sponsor.”

While far from perfect as the service still does not provide channels hosting NASCAR races, Comcast expressed hope and plans, at the beginning of the year to branch out in the future. Including providing the service in many more parts of the country, as well as adding additional channels.

Don’t worry though; it’s not all work and no play.

There’s an app for everything or at least it seems nowadays, and when XFINITY launched into NASCAR, they quickly introduced the sport to theirs.

The XFINITY TV GO app is available to any Comcast customer, not just the drivers who can’t seem to get enough of it. Younger drivers like @CaleConley and Ryan@Blaney won’t hesitate to pull out their phones or tablet to catch up on a TV show they might have missed, while even the veterans in the garage have taken to it

“They have the coolest app in the world. The XFINITY TV GO app is like the best thing in the world,” exclaimed @Elliott_Sadler. “They’re not telling me to tell you this, but we have it on all our devices at home, so now when my wife wants to go out to eat, like she wanted to go out to each during March Madness, so I took her out to eat at her favorite restaurant and I got to watch basketball games on my iPad while we ate, so it works out great.”

The app provides users with the chance to watch live television or movies, in addition to catching up on recent episodes of a favorite television series. There’s also an option for kids programming.

“My kids can watch it,” Sadler said. “The XFINITY TV GO app, if you don’t have that, you need to try that out. It is bad to the bone, so I think they’ve a really good job interacting with us drivers.”

In a sport where reaching every generation matters, technology, as NASCAR continues to explore, is a huge part of connecting with the fan base. Comcast / XFINITY is in the same boat, and as they continue to grow on the track, the marketing and activation off it should also improve.

After all, there is plenty of time for fans to be made.

“It’s hard for any new title series sponsor to come right in and be as comfortable as they are and do such a great job, and meet all the drivers and the owners, and that’s something they did in the beginning of the season,” Blaney said. “That’s been really cool to see grow and develop.

“That’s been neat, to meet all of them. They’re really interested in this sport and it’s great to have them in NASCAR. Hopefully we can keep them around for more than 10 years.”

EMAIL KELLY AT kelly.crandall@popularspeed.com

FOLLOW ON TWITTER: @KellyCrandall

Kelly Crandall

Kelly Crandall is Central Penn College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Corporate Communications. She’s been professionally writing about NASCAR for the last seven years, having started as one of the original members of Bleacher Report when the site launched before moving to Speedway Media for three years. Crandall is the Executive Managing Editor of POPULAR SPEED, who honed her skills by contributing to numerous other sites as well as Internet radio shows. Crandall is an NMPA member and a native of Spotswood, New Jersey.

Highlighted
New Poster

Start Carrying Fox Sports Two

Do not understand why comcast does not carry Fox Sports Two.

Highlighted
New Poster

I want Fox sports 2 and MAVTV with no more upgrading. Long time. Customer.
Highlighted
New Poster

I.agree with you, I am disabled and can't do much of anything because of my back problems, and had to call my sister in New York. Here in MD I can't get to
His practice of 5 years in Football. I am adding on a $$. I. Can no longer do the work around. I pay $200 a. Month. May not seem a lot to the Avg. couple but I am sigle ha*ve no extra money for increase. I spent almost 2 hours with Comcast to get your bill back to 175. Month.. What really irks me the most is poor reception, pixel liked picture, no sound, and I love to watch All 3 series of NASCAR, however when speed was changed to Fox Sports. 1 I was really not happy, now I am really angry as I can't watch Fox Sports 2. The price they charge there should be ABSOLUTELY NO REASON we can't have, this sports channel.

Sincerely Dave
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Once again we are forced to miss the last two hours of the Six Hours of the Glenn.  Fox is doing this intentionally to put the pressure on Comcast.  Comcast is to blame though, since they can either aquiesque or not.  They don't care about their customers at all.  Why watch the race at all if you can't see the end.  Can you imagine watching a baseball game, and missing the last 3 innings, or an NFL game missing the last quarter?  They really need to pull their heads out and get this done.  Enough talking about 
"making sense".  Nothing makes sense about this situation.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Maybe after another 50 pages of complaints they might say, we are looking into FS2!!<br>Yeah I'm dreaming, I will next start complaining to @comcastcares on their Twitter account to spread the word even more. I have already had Tommy Kendall and Bob Varsha aware of the issues here along with the links to prove. <br>And with sports announcers on social media comes many many more 'customers'<br>I won't hurt to let more and more see the unbelievably lame business plan Comcast is using.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

once again, FS has decided to air the 1st half of a race (6 Hours at Watkins Glen) on FS1 and the last 1/2 on FS2!   Since Comcast does not air both FS channels, I can watch the 1st half of a race and am forced to find out who won by doing a Google after it's over!  Not much fun like this!  Comcast internet carries FS2 but its streaming qualities are so poor that it is unwatchable!

I know some say it's not Comcasts fault -- I don't know whose fault it is, but Comcast is the one who brings the programming into my Living Room and they're the ones I pay - so they get the blame....

Highlighted
Contributor

Are you talking about the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race? I looked at the guide through my cable box and it says it goes from 3 to 6 PM. I also checked the forecast for Sonoma and there is no chance of rain so I don't think Fox will move the race to FS2.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The second half and finish of the IMSA race was transferred to FS2 from FS1 at 3pm.  You can watch live in-car via Fox Sports, but not the race itself.  NASCAR is on FS1 now from Sonoma.  I would love to see the IMSA  finish, not NASCAR.  How do you get FS2 on Comcast internet?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Actually, if you went to IMSA.com you could stream the last part of the race, and have the IMSA radio (Radio LeMans; John Hindaugh et al) do the comentary.  Didn't miss too much since it was pouring rain, and red flagged while the clock still ran, then finished under yellow.  Sometimes IMSA will stream what is on FS 2 and sometimes they won't, but you can still get their stream by using a UK VPN.  Anyway, much rather watch the race on my television set, since that's what I got it for, and I'm sure paying through the nose for the privilege. Would like to have recored THE WHOLE RACE on DVR, to watch at leisure.  COMCAST's new slogan "Xfinity, 1/2 of the most sports (and not the half that matters)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I also prefer to record and watch when convenient - I used to do that with 24 h lemans but the same thing happened - part of the race was on FS1 and part was not.   The in-car streaming is entertaining for a lap or 2 but not for hour after hour!  Oh how I miss SpeedTV!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2

@mrshvd3 wrote:

If Comcast doesn't want it, the customer wanting it doesn't matter. There have been statements made by Comcast executives that if customers want channels that Comcast doesn't carry, they are welcome to subscribe to other TV providers that do carry them. In other words, "if you don't like it, leave." Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

No.

It doesn't work like that.

There may people who think Fox Sports 2 is never going to get added, system-wide, by Comcast. (It is available in some areas.) But, we can't factually know that.

Fox Sports 2, as many of us know, is a rebrand from Fuel. That programmer wasn't carried by seemingly every cable-television provider. Since its rebranding, in 2013, the content on Fox Sports 2 indicates that it would have a broader appeal, and a demand, to be carried by every cable-television provider.

We cannot factually know why, so far, Comcast is not carrying system-wide Fox Sports 2. But, we can speculate. Some think it's personal. Some think it's because Comcast actually does not to add it to its lineup. And some, like myself, think the reason has to do with contractual status.

I think Comcast will end up adding Fox Sports 2. I just don't know when because, and this is important, I don't know the status of whether a contractual renewal is coming up or, if the answer is no, whether there has been discussion behind the scenes regarding the possibility of adding the programmer to Comcast's lineup.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Comcast owns NBC Universal and guess what, that includes NBCSN so there's your conflict with Fox Sports 2. Old news but more then likely it has a part in not universally programming FS2 nationwide.
Foxsports2, been waiting 2 yrs + now. Don't see it happening.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My theory on the subject is that Comcast is banking on most of the posters on this thread dissapearing this weekend, when NBC takes over NASCAR.  Yes, there are those who watch other sports that are being given short shrift by showing the last half on FS2, but the majority seem to be NASCAR fans.  They will think that they have then weathered the storm, and will show everyone how they will not be diverting any programing onto a rarely received channel.  Not that this is true, but, sounds like how a corporation (since they are people too; thanks to SCOTUS) thinks.

Highlighted
New Poster

Agree, and MAVTV also!
Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Contributor

The CONCACAF Gold cup has started. Already missed one game yesterday that was on FS2, will miss two games today that are on FS2. In total 14 of the 26 games are only on FS2. That means I will miss over half of the games. Come-on Comcast, strike a deal and add FS2HD already.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Denztoi wrote:
Comcast owns NBC Universal and guess what, that includes NBCSN so there's your conflict with Fox Sports 2. Old news but more then likely it has a part in not universally programming FS2 nationwide.
Foxsports2, been waiting 2 yrs + now. Don't see it happening.

And the NA$CAR saga continues -- unfortunately, NBCSN isn't carrying the truck racing. Truck qualifying tomorrow will be on the unattainable FS2.

Highlighted
New Poster

Need a channel

Can I get channel 185 fox sports 2 in my pkg
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Need a channel

If your in a area with FS2, then call Comcast sales to upgrade your package.  The agent can give you pricing information.

1-800-266-2278

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Need a channel

@whomex wrote:
Can I get channel 185 fox sports 2 in my pkg

I am seeing Fox Sports 2 on channel 177 in your area of Connecticut as a part of our Get Started Plus package. 

Please give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST or via chat at the link below where we can verify your identity as the primary account holder and then change your level of service. Thanks for your patience.

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I heard fs2 is coming to Comcast. I hope so. I miss watching UFC
Highlighted
New Poster

I just got Comcast today and they said they don't carry FS2
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: 2015 Gold Cup TV schedule

What about UFC
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Gysgt2690149 wrote:
I just got Comcast today and they said they don't carry FS2

That's why this thread has over 1,200 posts on it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So last night the Man U vs America game started on FS2 and then switched to FS1 when the Nascar event ended.  It is a RIDCULOUS and CONTINUALLY IRRITATING JOKE to get a program alert that says to check for the FS2 channel number in your area.  Comcast does not carrry FS2 in the Seattle market. Would have Direct TV except can't get line of site for the dish from my condo patio.  As far as the Gold Cup goes I purchased FoxSoccer2Go because it also has CONCACAF Champions League. Looking forward to the day when this stupidity ends.  How long do you think that will be?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: FOX Sports 2 & MAVTV

I too would like to know what the hold up is. I subscribe to Comcast Highest package they offer and I am getting tired of waiting. Either bring us those channels or I too will leave and take my business elsewhere. Fios just got installed this year in my neighborhood and I will switch to them if this does not happen. I would have thought that with Xfinity sponsoring NASCAR now that we would at least have FS2!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If you're looking to watch the NA$CAR Truck Series dirt race at Eldora this coming Wednesday night.....well, you know how it works. The qualifiers are all on FS2; the last chance qualifier and main event are on FS1.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@bbsoccer wrote:

So last night the Man U vs America game started on FS2 and then switched to FS1 when the Nascar event ended.  It is a RIDCULOUS and CONTINUALLY IRRITATING JOKE to get a program alert that says to check for the FS2 channel number in your area.  Comcast does not carrry FS2 in the Seattle market. Would have Direct TV except can't get line of site for the dish from my condo patio.  As far as the Gold Cup goes I purchased FoxSoccer2Go because it also has CONCACAF Champions League. Looking forward to the day when this stupidity ends.  How long do you think that will be?

Probably about the time a very hot place gets an ice skating rink, if you catch my drift.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It will still be ongoing well into tha afterlife. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Here is what irritates me about this entire situation.  First, I am a business owner, I started my business almost 20 years ago from a blank sheet of paper and I now have many employees, etc., so I know what works in business.  

This situation of Xfinity/Comcast battling Fox is bad for every single entity involved.  It's bad long term business for Xfinity/Comcast, it's bad long term business for Fox and it's bad long term business for Nascar.  Trust me when I say this.....when you make it harder for your customers to consume your product, you ultimately create fewer customers.  That goes for all businesses involved in this battle.  

From a Nascar point of view, Brian France NEEDS to get his counterparts at Xfinity/Comcast and Fox in a room and not come out until a deal is struck to where viewers can have Fox Sports 2.  If not, there are no winners, everyone loses in this ongoing battle between Xfinity/Comcast and Fox.  It's bad business.  If that's true, then why is this continuing, you might ask?  Two reasons, greed and arrogance.  Neither Xfinity/Comcast nor Fox wants to give in due to greed and arrogance.  Each of them believes they will win in the end.  Meanwhile various sports fans don't watch, advertisers lose eyeballs on their products, everyone loses.

Brian France (CEO of Nascar) deserves considerable blame as well.  He simply saw the checks that each of these companies dangled in front of him and he took the checks.  It was very short sighted thinking, the same illness that afflicts many American businesses.  They look at the short term and don't build the business for the long term.  Brian should have had the foresight to see the damage this battle between Xfinity/Comcast and Fox was going to have on the shrinking Nascar fan base and NOT signed a deal that allowed his product to be shown on channels that the majority of America cannot watch.  

Highlighted
Contributor

you're very right - but as a seriously OLD guy (58 next tuesday) nascar fan 55 of those years, seriously poor (going to take in my comcast stuff after 35 years a loyal customer - they refuse to budge and give a poor guy elements so I can at least continue email, simple internet, basic home phone, basic channels - even threaten to bill me for early termination (after 35 years - so much for every call ending in thank you for being a rare 35 year loyal customer) anyway I remember BILL France - the original. He founded nascar, built the daytona and talladega tracks. (and bought up others of course - why not, they own track's, make the rules, set the schedule, and of course give themselves first dibs, and cherry on top, private family held since the beginning - only sport like it in the world (forget motorsports - any pro sports) where a family owns, runs, sets rules, gives themselves the best of the best, passes out fines, and hands it down to a grandson that never followed nascar in the first place and when he made the news it was  usually for TMZ type reasons instead of nascar reasons. This guy - Brian - well the shortsightedness is far deeper - att (uverse) no longer has fs2  and either dish or direct tv I forget which - also doesnt. Bill france Junior cut the deal then with tnn (the nashville network, a race on tbs, several on over the air tv, the remainder to espn  the original. Back then espn also had nhra, world of outlaws, sprint cars  and the copper classic, midgets, thursday night thunder, and carried tthe original nascar truck series - held in the off nascar season - every race at phoenix - and called winter heat - effectively a beta test for what now is camping world trucks (tomorrow night at eldora). Bill Junior was different than senior but he grew up following daddy and tho softer ran nascar - and all ancillary stuff - with the same iron hand. The networks didnt dictate nascar- nascar dictated the networks. All before cell phones, smart phones, the internet, and yet even with the inbred nature of the sport took it in the late 80's early 90's so far it reached the magic kingdom - equal to then for one brief season surpassing even nfl the nba or major league baseball. Problem is they didnt stay at it, then bill junior got sick quickly and died. brian inherited a sport like a golden spoon and his lack of knowledge showed early on. He obviously knows a lot more now, but his business savvy is why stands are empty and this battle goes on - his heart still isnt truly in nascar. he's rarely at a race, often will attend a lemans race in france when a major nascar race is on here, he jet sets overseas plenty. Wth his sister they basically run a sport with mike helton a former track manager the day to day guy. Fox came in, less and less races on free tv and espn who were aces in the 80s and 90s for all auto racing, soon auto racing got bumped so much it was a matter of time....2014 was the end for espn for anything nascar on any level. Speed got swallowed up by fox who already had the waltrips cornballing it up on sundays on fox. Along comes comcast who promised the sun moon and stars to nascar fans. SINCE the fox half season is over, so far nbc has not entirely failed - I am as cynical as it gets - their efforts have been worthy. BUt comcast owns nbc - so that part is easy. Back on the ranch camping world and still much other practices qualifying or other stuff and various other former speed car shows and now other sports - more and more dumped to fs2 that so few get anywhere. How fox justifies a dead network is baffling - ;lost of shows - zero neilson share - no one can get the channel. I wonder is all their advertising the seedy viagra and such type commercials - they cant possibly have major contracts for ads - no way to quantify an audience. Comcast  xfinity - the racers love them - they filled the race cars and garages and pits with technology - at least year one - 2015. The on air talent - on nbc sports - ie comcast employee's - say what is going to be acceptable to comcast - whether it is reality depends on perspective. So NO one has a fans back. I'm a fan council member. I have learned after years doing so, it is platitudes - nascar can say we give fans a voice. That they dont make any changes or act on any input - so what - long as they feel we are given a voice - job done. And so it goes - all parties are guilty. even fans - I will walk away soon as I buy a walmart tv antenna  - almost did last week - but the walmart electronics guy kept going to the backroom every time he spotted a potential customer (I made sure to talk to the manager at check out - and left without the antenna and coax I intended to buy. I will watch eldora, and indy this weekend, I will buy an antenna, I will talk to att about getting their landline service and net zero about cheap mobile hot spot Internet I can run my tower off of, and then go to the comcast office in schaumburg illinois early august and simply say heres your stuff - goodbye. Customers threaten to walk away - I have, now I have no choice. Someone said this will never end - that is almost guaranteed fact. No party has any interest in changing status quo. Nascar is oblivious to eroding market share and merchandise fall off. Comcast - well have you ever seen comcast LOWER your bill - obviously they dont care (with all respect to comcast teds). Fox - we know all the fox jokes - so  brian france will stay rich and clueless, comcast rich, fox rich and fans, nascar or otherwise, will more likely win the mega millions lotto before they get fox sports - in the standard line up or even an extra price add on. Three years and counting - it is more dead than my late father  who passed two decades ago, my wife two years ago or my murdered daughter last year or beloved cat two months ago. I will be on antenna tv and scraping by but having no regrets - as nascar isnt going back to network tv ever. This is everyones fault - nascar, fox, comcast,.the other carriers, att - and yes - us the fans - cuz we complain, btu we stay. thre ONLY way this changes is comcast profits falling off a cliff by fans cutting the cable - lots of talk, it is trendy but it rarely happens - except losers like me that have no financial choice anymore. No one is minding the ship - and despite providing a 26 page forum just to placate us with an illusion and an official comcast paid mod - you might as well write this in graffiti as it makes the same amount of difference. No one is going to change - this ever. I am so confident if I was morbid I'd have put on my headstone - see I told you fox sports 2 would never be added to any carrier.

Highlighted
New Poster

No FS2 No USMT game against Panama

i cant believe that comcast still doesn't have FS2. I'm going to miss a USMNT soccer match for the first time in ages. This sucks. Strongly considering Uverse.
Highlighted
New Poster

Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Despite multiple complaints/requests, CC/Xfinity Chicago customers still aren't able to watch FOX2. Extremely irritating to NASCAR fans to see a scroll across the FOX1 screen to catch the rescheduled 6-21 Chicagoland Speedway Race sponsored by Xfinity on FOX2 when you don't carry it in Chicago area and other providers do. ComcastCares Twitter reply, "I do apologize that it's not available at this time. We currently do not have an ETA for your area-RL". NASCAR Twitter solution was to download FOXSportsGo.com & watch it online or mobile phone. Seems a CC subscription comes with "Do-It-Yourself" instructions. If Comcast/Xfinity is willing to sponsor an entire NASCAR race series paid from the profits of payments, it should care enough to provide a channel where customers are able to watch the races.  Thank you. 

PS. Called courteous CC customer service once and number given to complain to Fox directly was movie studio in California.

New Poster

I'm so sick of not having Fox Sports 2 in Seattle! I've been with Comcast for my whole life, but if we don't get it soon, I will have to switch to Direct TV
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

This will be the first US game that I've haven't been able to watch. This is getting ridiculous. We need it in Philadelphia!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You guys don't understand.  Fox is DOING ALL OF THIS ON PURPOSE!  Fox is INTENTIONALLLY putting these various sporting events on Fox Sports 2 in order to get fans to apply pressure on Xfinity/Comcast.  Fox is using the fans of soccer, tennis, NASCAR, etc.  Fox is using all of these fans like pawns on a chess board, we are all being manipulated by Fox in order to get what Fox wants, for Xfinity/Comcast to pick up Fox Sports 2.   We are literally being used by Fox to do their battling for them.  Xfinity/Comcast is no angel in all of this, like I said in an earlier post EVERYONE loses in this ongoing battle between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast.