Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

I just find it frustrating that at least 1 chat person blatantly lied to me.

I would have been fine with a "No, sorry, I don't see it being added at all", but I chatted to one person online who said that it would definitely be launching on Tuesday.

Oh well I guess.......

Contributor

On to Dish we go!

Contributor

Even tho Xfinity is going to be the Sponsor for the Nascar Trucks next year we still can't get FS2

Valued Contributor

@ken0965 wrote:

Even tho Xfinity is going to be the Sponsor for the Nascar Trucks next year ...

Actually, it's NASCAR's secondary series, currently being sponsored by Nationwide Insurance, that Comcast is in contract negotiations with NASCAR to be the new sponsor of: 

Xfinity, NASCAR closer to deal

Contributor

ok so I said the wrong one,My point is why would we as the viewers want to just see part of the action because we don't have FS2. I really wish someone else would out bid Xfinity on this and Xfinity would close its doors.They have no customer service,they could care less if everyone switched to another company,I have called 3 times about my cable just going off and they say yes we see where you have called inbut let us know if it happens again and the time and date.I am really tired of Comcast

Contributor
Regular Contributor

That was funny.  Comcast Customer Care is a big joke.  This is what I think is going on;  they hire out the service utilizing call centers from India.  I talk to Mary, Tom, Pete, all American sounding names, but they all have accents that suggest they are in India.  This whole deal about COMCAST adding FOX SPORTS 2 on the 26th of this month is a good case in point.  In most cases, I had to explain what FOX SPORTS 2 was;  they hadn't a clue.  Also, they miss the subleties of our language.  Likely a recently learned second language for them. LIke the forum, all you get with an online chat is a way to vent.  The thing is, though, COMCAST knows when it has you over a barrel.In some areas, they are almost a monopoy.  My partner doesn't even watch regular TV, just Netflix, and Apple TV.  I wouldn't care except I am an NFL fan, as well as a long time baseball fan.  I also watch many different forms of motorsports, from F-1 to NHRA.

So even though I threaten to cut the cord, it isn't going t o happen soon.  Even if I did, I wouldn't save money, since they would charge more for phone and internet.  Their internet service I have no complaints about.  What I do resent is being force fed what they decide we should watch, not what we want, and there is no mechanism for customers to get what they want.  That is what is so frustrating.  I just knew it was too good to be true that we would get FS2.  I've given up caring about it.  Good luck folks.  Oh, and those who are considering DIrect TV- they aren't much better, and I wouldn't touch DISH if they paid me to use it.

New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

SO TRUE!!!  Get rid of the extra non-english speaking stations and make them a separate package AND fill those channel slots with more highly demanded (by us Americans) networks like Fox Sports 2. Comcast is loosing its grip as Direct TV and FiOS offer DVR options and channel lineups as well as much better pricing.

Expert
Moved:

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Frequent Visitor

I agree! The online rep straight out lied to me also! She was so convincing giving me an exact date of 08/26/14. That really annoys me!

I called and spoke with a rep and she said the only update regarding FS2 she could see was that in August Comcast was working to get Fox to allow FS2 to be added to additional customer areas. But as of now, it will not be added. This info was also confirmed by a supervisor. She also said if we didn't have Fuel TV at the time it was switched to FS2, we wouldn't get FS2 for now. Fox would not agree to add it to additional customer areas. At least this rep seemed more knowledgeable and wouldn’t confirm anything before she double checked it. According to her, she doesn’t get FS2 either, but wants it as well. That was comical.

I get why people are mad at Comcast, I'm angry the rep lied, but I think Fox has a big part in the lack of FS2 for us.

The whole thing is just frustrating!

@grantsa4 wrote:

I just find it frustrating that at least 1 chat person blatantly lied to me.

I would have been fine with a "No, sorry, I don't see it being added at all", but I chatted to one person online who said that it would definitely be launching on Tuesday.

Oh well I guess.......

New Poster

Comcast, please add Fox Sports 2 to your line up!

New Poster

Absolutely. Fox Sports 2 is starting to show more UFC programming and I assume will show college football sooner or later. This is an absolute must add!

Contributor

its hard to watch something on FS2 when you don't get it! 

Most of Nascar is on FS2 this weekend and I thought Xfinty was going to be part of Nascar next year. If so you need to step up your game or loss a lot of people

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

well its 8/29/14 and i dont have it

New Poster

WHERE IS FOX SPORTS 2

We're NASCAR fans.  Many instances of qualifing and practice are on Fox Sports 2.  We're even willing to pay for it.....when will it be available?

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: WHERE IS FOX SPORTS 2

I am not for this if they are not going to give us Fox Sports 2!       http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-ready-to-name-new-entitlement-sponsor-for-nationwide-se...

Frequent Visitor

Now that Comcast Xfinity has signed an agreement for sponsorship with NASCAR, certainly they will want to provide complete access to NASCAR programming. This requires access to Fox Sports 2 for all of us. I expect this channel to be added to the lineup sooner rather than later.
Regular Contributor

@Leojack wrote:
Now that Comcast Xfinity has signed an agreement for sponsorship with NASCAR, certainly they will want to provide complete access to NASCAR programming. This requires access to Fox Sports 2 for all of us. I expect this channel to be added to the lineup sooner rather than later.

Leojack,

Would you like to maybe make a financial wager on your statement? I'm thinking we have already been on the "hook" for this for how long????????? Another year or two will not really matter to Comcast.

Regular Contributor

Good luck with that, been waiting a year and still nothing.
Xfinity / Comcast is not interested in what Motorsport fans and viewers want. Numerous requests get tossed aside or the usual rhetoric from ComcadtTeds. This own
I'm leaving to direct tv once my contract expires.
Frequent Visitor

No wagers, but from a sponsor's point of view, don't you want to provide your customers with every opportunity to hear your name as title sponsor. Nationwide qualifying was on FS2 at Atlanta and denying us the opportunity to watch, especially with availability on the Fox mobile app, seems like a missed opportunity. I'm no expert, but to me that just makes sense, at least beginning next year, from the advertising angle. I would think that they would want to make sure that customers would have access to every event in the sponsored series. I am certainly not holding my breath.
Contributor

Comcast owns NBC.  You will more than likely see what was on FOXsports2 going to NBCSports.  Doesn't matter I'm switching to Dish.  They have MAVTV

Frequent Visitor

Sure it makes sense for them to give us Foxsports2 now but will that matter? No, because they only give us the channels that don't cost them much & I'm guessing they just don't want to pay for it. I also keep seeing commercials for MAVTV. Does anyone get this? I don't & it looks kinda like Speed did. I'm sure we'll never get this either.

Regular Visitor

Now that Comcast/ Xfinity is a title sponsor for Nascar will we be getting Fox sports 2 now or will we have to go to Direct tv to get It?

Contributor

I would be checking with  Direct TV,they have had over a year to get it,and at this point they have not said they are even thinking about getting it. So if I was you I would be ready to go to  Direct TV.Its sad Comcast had put a bad taste in its customers mouth.But I guess they think loosing the ones that wants FS2 isn't going to hurt them!

Valued Contributor

@Leojack wrote:
No wagers, but from a sponsor's point of view, don't you want to provide your customers with every opportunity to hear your name as title sponsor. Nationwide qualifying was on FS2 at Atlanta and denying us the opportunity to watch, especially with availability on the Fox mobile app, seems like a missed opportunity. I'm no expert, but to me that just makes sense, at least beginning next year, from the advertising angle. I would think that they would want to make sure that customers would have access to every event in the sponsored series. I am certainly not holding my breath.

Yes, it does make sense to me that this new sponsorship should spur Comcast to add the FS2 channel in all of their markets now. See:

Comcast’s NASCAR sponsorship could open doors for Fox Sports 2

By Joe Lucia, AwfulAnnouncing.com - September 4, 2014

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/comcasts-nascar-sponsorship-could-open-door-for-fox-sports-2.html

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

Regular Contributor

Yes, it does make sense to me that this new sponsorship should spur Comcast to add the FS2 channel in all of their markets now. See:

Quote:

Comcast’s NASCAR sponsorship could open doors for Fox Sports 2

By Joe Lucia, AwfulAnnouncing.com - September 4, 2014

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/comcasts-nascar-sponsorship-could-open-door-for-fox-sports-2.html

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

You would think that this would make sense, but don't bet that COMCAST does everything according to common sense. If you've noticed, COMCAST TEDS, this thread is one of the most viewed and has drawn the most comments of any of your forum threads.

You have made clear many times, "It has to make sense for all the parties involved". That rings rather hollow, considering how many of your customers are clammoring for FS2.  How does it make sense to alienate your customers?  Your investment in the second tier of NASCAR really doesn't make sense either, does it, if most of your customers won't be able to see the coverage of the "Xfinity Series"? Your company has very little regard for your individual customers. It's all about turn and burn for you. As long as the numbers add up. Well, your customers are not numbers, and it's time that COMCAST stops treating us as such.  I guess making sense is too much to ask.

New Poster

I would think they would have to add FOX Sports 2 in all markets. Otherwise someone high up at Comcast should be fired. It doesn't take a marketing degree from Yale to realize that it would look horible on Comcast's part that people who want to watch some Xfinity series practice and qualifying will have to LEAVE Comcast Xfinity to be able to watch it. In sponsoring NASCAR, they are trying to get there name out there to NASCAR fans, and NASCAR fans who have Directv aren't gonna want to leave it for Comcast/Xfinity if they get LESS programing. This is a must do deal for Comcast to have done AT LEAST by Feburary at the very latest!!

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Did anyone read Comcast Teds profile? It says one of his strengths is SATISFYING CUSTOMERS!!! Any satisfied customers here?

Regular Contributor

Dude, give the guy a break - he can't make Comcast get Fox Sports 2 or Bein in HD.

He helps out a lot of people on these forums and gives us good information when he can. Geez, it's not like the guy owns the company.

I have my issues with Comcast like so many others here, but it surely isn't caused by Ted.

Frequent Visitor

Still not seeing many satisfied customers here.

Regular Contributor

Sure, he may help others but in this situation, COMCASTTEDS is the face and spokesperson for COMCAST.  It is the unfortuate position he is placed in, yet, he speaks for COMCAST, and gives us a reference point to address.  I have nothing against him personallly, and nobody should, since they don't know him.  Any frustration or anger towards COMCAST is focused on him, because that is his job, very much like an assistand manager in a hotel.  It's what he's there for.  That being said, Lipstickcat is right.  Not seeing much satisfaction here.

Frequent Visitor

When will Xfinity/Comcast carry Fox Sports 2

I am an avid Nascar fan and a Xfinity/Comcast customer.  I have been EXTREMELY disappointed that we don't get Fox Sports 2.  I have read many posts that say only those Xfinity/Comcast customers who were with a legacy cable carrier get Fox Sports 2.  Now that Xfinity/Comcast has signed a 10 year $200 Million deal to sponsor the 2nd tier Nascar racing series, will Xfinity/Comcast give its customers Fox Sports 2?  Please don't tell me that we have to switch to Direct TV so I can watch the Xfinity/Comcast racing series events on Fox Sports 2, that seems absolutey crazy.

New Poster

Two races on today and can't see either of them. Downloaded the fox app to watch it streaming but that won't work either since comcast doesn't carry fs2. However I wonder now if they'll change their minds since they are sponsoring a series. Would not seem wise to limit your viewers of the series your sponsoring? Anyway seems like comcast getting to big. Have had them for years and feel more and more like they care less and less for the average viewer.
Regular Visitor

Sure wish I was watching the NASCAR Truck Race on FS2 Tonight.

Put me down on the unhappy list.

Frequent Visitor

Re: FOX Sports 2

When is comcast going to get fox sports 2

New Poster

fs1 vs fs2

I pay extra for fs1 just so I can watch NASCAR truck races, thats the only thing i watch on fs1.

Today the race is on fs2 that Comcast doesn't have.
So my real question is where is my truck racing that I already pay for?

Regular Contributor

Re: FOX Sports 2

You guys may want to check the 17 page post about FS2. You may be waiting a while.
New Poster

Fox sports 2

Why is comcast not carrying fox sports 2? I am very unhappy tonight as I had planned on watching the truck race from Chicago that was rained out last night. I looked for it and then found out it was being shown on fox sports 2. Now I can't watch it. I pay a small fortune for my comcast, and I am not happy.
New Poster

Re: fs1 vs fs2

I agree.  It is completely ridicious that we cannot get FS2.  It's a joke.  And NASCAR is partially to blame as well.  Maybe with this new rights package starting next year, Comcast and NASCAR will get together and get smart.  And maybe I'll win the lottery tonight.

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2

Comcast get with it. It sucks that we can't watch other sports other then sick and ball. Give us what we want.

New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2

yah i was looking for the race tonight as well.....not happy...might have to go back to directtv which did HAVE that channel.

New Poster

Another unhappy Comcast customer that can't watch a race... I will be looking for another provider for my future entertainment.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Contributor

I'm sure COMCAST TEDS will have a slick answer for everyone after it's been reviewed by all the minions who do such things.  It all boils down to one thing.  All COMCAST cares about is money.  They don't particularly care about customer service (well, maybe they do, as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line).  We are not people to them.  Just profitable units.  Everyone on this thread has been trying for over a year now to have FOX SPORTS 2 added to their line up.  COMCAST TEDS says "It has to make sense for all the parties involved...yadda yadda yadda"  Obviously, we, the paying customers, who employ COMCAST to bring televison into our homes, do not count as one of the parties.  All we are asking for is one stinking channel. One out of how many?  In the time we have been pleading with COMCAST to add FS2, we have been graced with the addition of Al-Jazeera, SEC (as if we really need yet another network that shows college football) and others that we will never watch.  So back to numbers.  It is cheaper for them to employ a call center in Asia staffed with people who have little understanding of English even if they can speak it, than it is to actually satisfy their customers.  Maybe inside the distorted bubble in which COMCAST operates, this makes sense; but it doesn't in the real world, which explains why so many people are cutting the cord.  Time is arriving soon when it is going to make a heck of a lot of sense for me to to so as well.

Regular Visitor

i am certain that this was advertised when i signed up, its just another example of how poor comcast is. i have a bunch of channels that i dont want and ones i actually want is not available. 

dont get it, just offer the channel. 

Frequent Visitor

I agree but for a totally different reason. This week is the start of group play in the UEFA Champions League. Fox Sports 2 is showing the Barcelona-Apoel game but unfortunately Comcast doesn't carry that channel. For soccer fans this is disasterous. Not only are they not showing Barcelona, arguably the most popular team on earth, they are not showing the Bayern Munich game. Time for Comcast management to get their collective heads out of the sand. We pay plenty for the sports package. The least Comcast could do is to make that package as comprehensive as possible.

On a similar note, it is long past time for Comcast to be broadcasting BeIN Sport in HD.

New Poster

I am going to keep my posting simple and to the point:

Can I get FOX SPORTS 2 here in the San Francisco Bay Area, please???

New Poster

Fox sports 2

When are we going to get Fox Sports 2  in the Chicago area. I have not seen a definitive response from Comcast.