ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

You forgot Velocity,it has A LOT of things on it,also Mavtv has a lot on it also. But Comcast wants to buy out TWC and take those channels away from the ones that get them now.Once they buy TWC we will be losing even more channels and paying more,just because they can because they will be the big doggy!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It is nonsense that i pay for the sports package, yet do not get 3 sports channels:  Fox Sports 2, Fox Deportes, and ESPN Deportes.

I'm sure this post will fall on deaf ears, but i will go back to FIOS in a heartbeat.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

According to what I read in the Financial Section, keep in mind that this "Buy Out" of Time Warner is with stocks & not a single penny of CASH!!!! Interesting, no?

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

Just received my monthly "Love Note" from Comcast!!! Still do not have FS2! Great place America!!!

Dear Comcast Customer,

Your monthly bill is now available. Please sign in to your account to view your bill and other important messages or notices regarding your Comcast services.

Bill Overview

Amount Due:$200.10
Payment Due Date:03/10/2014

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

400k watch Piers Morgan! Look a the other CNN #s.  However the real point is Fox Sports 2 easily beats that # of viewers.  Not meant to be political, just facts.  Politics sucks that's why I watch sports!!!

Go Fox sports 2 !!

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

But you are claiming to be a comcast executive so your name is relevant, mine is not. I'm just a customer.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I agree! Who's stupid idea was it to add Al-Jazeera to the lineup? Who watches that?

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

You see what's going on here, ComcastTeds? What you have is a pretty large group of your customers who are really dissatisfied with the product that IS within your power to offer them, but because you are in a piscine match (it is what it sounds like, I am just trying to express myself without running afoul of the grandmas who are monitoring this forum) with Fox Sports, you refuse. Most forum threads burn out about a week or so after they're opened. This one has been going on now for six months, and is adding new visitors daily, which means COMCAST is adding to the hate and dissatisfaction daily, without doing anything about it. Do you see my point? The fact that this has been going on now for six months makes all your apologies ring rather hollow. Adding Time Warner to your growing monopoly, without taking care of your existing customers tells us all how low you regard our doing business with you. This doesn't event take into account the number of customers who have just quit and gone on to DIRECT TV, DISH, FIOS, or just plain cut the cord (an action we in our household are considering). Your ongoing denial to provide FOX SPORTS 2 tells us you really cannot be bothered by our close to $3000.00 a year we faithfully send to you. We have never been late with our payment. We have never bounced a check to you. We have upheld our end of the bargain; yet you don't really care, do you? You are the ones who always bring up the scare tactics, " ooo nooo, if we give you this one lousy channel, we'll have to raise your rates". As if you are trying to protect us from our own foolishness. Yet very few of us have said that it would be a problem if you raised our rates. You are not getting traction with that one. All we ask is that you do the right thing for once and stop obstructing FOX SPORTS 2.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

I guess what upsets me, is that for years we had SPEED. When SPEED went away, it seems that part of the programming went to Fox Sports 1 and part went to Fox Sports 2. So, anything we used to enjoy on SPEED that moved to Fox Sports 2, we no longer have. But hey, on FOX sports 1, we get endless blah-blah-blah sports talk like "Crowd goes Wild".

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I too purchased the "Sports Package" in order to get the Rolex 24, NASCAR and Supercross.  Well, I only got half of the Rolex 24 and half of Supercross.  No need to keep paying for the package anymore.  This will make it easier to slide into HULU and save money to boot.  Local stations come in great with an indoor antenna around here so that isn't an obstacle either.  

Yep, Comcast is helping me wean off of Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I emailed ecare@comcast.com and the ensuing emails are hilariously frustrating.

Email #1 me to them.

I am looking to find out how it is coming to add FoxSports2 to the Comcast Pottstown, Pa Channel lineup.   

Could someone please get back to me on the status?   

Me

Email #2 them to me.

Dear Mr.,   

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Jackie. I genuinely apologize for the unpleasant experience you are having with the Fox Sports 2 channel. I assure you I will do everything I can to address your concerns today.   

FUEL TV will be renamed FOX Sports 2. Included is two websites for your convenience with additional information for Fox Sports http://www.fuel.tv  and http://msn.foxsports.com. FOX Sports 2 programming will include:   

• (UFC): With FOX Sports 2, fans will get access to UFC’s live main events, preliminary fights and other support programming.   
  • Soccer: Live coverage of top soccer competitions including the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League.   
  • UFC Unleashed: The best fights from the UFC vault, including past Pay-Per-View events, The Ultimate Fighter finals, Fight Nights and more.   
  • Motocross: FOX Sports 2 brings viewers the world’s fastest outdoor motocross racers’, racing aboard the best bikes each factory offers, on the roughest, toughest tracks in the world.   
  • Barrett-Jackson: As the world’s greatest collector car event, Barrett-Jackson offers high-quality, one-of-a-kind vehicles and superior entertainment with its renowned auction and lifestyle experience.   

Mr., we know your time is important and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We are grateful to have you as a Comcast customer; we appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Comcast as your service provider.   

Sincerely,   

Jackie H.   

Office of Tom Karinshak   

P.S. Check out our self-help tools on YouTube! Visit www.YouTube.com/Xfinity .    

Email #3 me to Jackie.

Jackie,  

No offense, but you didn’t answer my question at all.  

I asked you a Comcast TV line up question and you directed me to 2 none Comcast websites.  

I would like to know if Comcast is working to ADD FoxSports 2 to the Comcast Pottstown, Pa. TV Channel line up?  

The Answer would be YES or NO.  

If your answer is YES, then my follow up question is what is the status of those talks?  

If your answer is NO, then my follow up question is why is Comcast not working on adding Foxsports 2?  

Me

Email #4 Jackie to me

Dear,  

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Jackie. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you have experienced with my response to your previous e-mail in regards to the Fox Sports 2 channel. I will address your concerns today.

The relationship between the networks (channels) and Comcast is that the networks broadcast their signal and Comcast picks it up and distributes it to our customers. The type of programming available on each channel is at the discretion of the network that broadcasts the signal. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reply directly to this e-mail.

We truly value your business here at Comcast and thank you for allowing us to work toward a resolution for you.

Sincerely,

Jackie H.

Office of Tom Karinshak

P.S. Check out our self-help tools on YouTube! Visit www.YouTube.com/Xfinity

Email #5 Me to Jackie

Jackie,

Your recent email, although interesting did not answer my question.  You stated that the networks broadcast their signals/channels and Comcast distributes those channels and that the networks determine what is broadcast on those channels.  That is 100 % correct. BUT that has nothing to do with my question.  Comcast enters into agreements with Networks to distribute signals/channels for Networks.  If an agreement is not made then the signal/channels is not distributed by Comcast.

My question is

I would like to know if Comcast is working on an agreement with Fox Sports to Distribute FoxSports 2 on the Comcast Pottstown, Pa. TV Channel line up?   Currently FoxSports2 is NOT being distributed on the Comcast Pottstown, Pa. TV System.

The Answer to my question would be YES or NO.  

If your answer is YES, then my follow up question is what is the status of those talks?  

If your answer is NO, then my follow up question is why is Comcast not working on adding Foxsports 2?  

Me

Email #6 Jackie to me..........????  For some reason Jackie has not gotten back to me.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

this is what we are missing this weekend because we don't have FS2  Nationwide Series Qualifying 12:10 p.m. FS2

Sprint Cup Series Final Practice 2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. FS2 . Thats sad!

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

Spiderbaggins,

LOL! Your conversation with "Jackie the Robot" is almost word for word what mine as been as well! About the only thing different in mine, was she gave me the contact information for FOX! Like I asked her "Why do i need to contact Fox? The signal is broadcast by them for Comcast to pick up and deciminate."

I referred her to the Comcast annoucment from August last year (that i've placed on here numerous times), stating that FSN1 and FSN2 are coming to our channel line-ups. That announcement was almost 7 months ago, when can we expect it? Insert cricket sounds here.......

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

That sucks!!!!! 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I checked the tv listing on my tv and I am showing both nationwide qualifying and final practice are on FS 1 in the Seattle area. Nationwide is 9 to 10:30 am and final practice 11 to 12 noon . These are pacific standard time. I did note that NASCAR.com has it listed as FS 2 however Jayski site has FS1. Maybe Fox finally realized that they get better ratings putting this on FS1. I am hoping the tv listing is correct.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here