Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

I want to add my name to the list of people who want access to FS2 on Comcast. It is really unfair for us that Comcast do not carry this channel. I have so many programming specially in this time of the year that don't make it on FS1 because of Football season, they get relegated to FS2. Comcast can we get an answer on when we'll be able to watch FS2?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bump. NSCS qualifying Talladega on FS2? They know Comcast customers are left out. Obvious that Fox has no interest in Motorsports. See the bottom of their home page. Columns on MLB, NFL,NHL, NCAA. Little Nascar link. Tell Fox you want Nascar back.
Highlighted
Contributor

Contact at Comcast: Tom Karinshak 800 266 2278
Contact at FS2: David Harris (call main number and quickly ask for him) 310 369 1000

Latest excuse by Tom, think he is a Sr. vP is that Fox won't release FS2 to them......
David Harris at Fox said he'd look into it and get back with me, so far....not a word. BUT if anyone wants to call, wanted to post contacts & their numbers.
Unbelievable! We can't see Talladega Qualifying on Comcast. It definitely seems will get worse from here on out. Next, will be qualifying for Daytona 500.
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes with me being a admin for a Nascar Chat Room and not having the channel they are qualifying on it makes it hard to know what is going on!

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks Racing Girl for getting the numbers. I plan on calling tomorrow and see if I get the same story. If more of us call maybe we will get some action (doubtful) I wonder if the reason Fox won't release is because Comcast won't pay the ask for fees?
Highlighted
Contributor

Tom Karinshak is full of "expletive deleted".

Comcast signed an agreement on Feb 12, 2013 with Fox to carry FS1 & FS2, that means they are paying FOX for the rights to broadcast those channels. Look it up.

This is what truly aggravates me, the disingenuous statements from the people at comcast. They issued a press release telling everyone what they did and now they're telling us that Fox won't let them carry it. I'm sure Fox is completely against having 30 million more viewers for their product.

Highlighted
Contributor

Philadelphia, PA and Los Angeles, CA – Comcast Corporation and Fox Networks (FN) announced today that they have reached an agreement for a new distribution pact to deliver Fox Broadcasting’s (FOX) and Fox Television Stations’ (FTS) wide array of entertainment, sports and local news content to Comcast Xfinity TV customers across televisions, computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and internet-enabled televisions. The renewal supports the companies’ mutual goal to deliver the most popular video content to customers across multiple platforms.

The agreement provides video service to nearly 22 million Xfinity TV customers of both live and on demand programming from 20 FTS broadcast stations (13 Fox and 7 MyNet) as well as FX, FX Movie Channel, SPEED, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, MundoFox, Fox Deportes, and Fox Business Network.

SO...where is my Fuel TV/FS2?

Highlighted
New Poster

When will FoxSports2 be available on Comcast???  Why is it not available now???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

I suppose NASCAR sponsors are aware of the situations and I'd bet they are pi$$ed.  Have a great day,  B

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree.  We live in the Northeast and are big motorsports fans.  My husband and I have been trying to get an answer out of Comcast since August and nobody can give us the same response twice.  We never got Fuel TV and do not get Fox Sports 2.  We miss Speed, it was one-stop motorsports, you could watch the Monster Energy series, Whelan Modifieds, Truck races, sports car, major endurance events soup to nuts.  Now that Fox Sports 1 is essentially ESPN-lite all of these series and events have been dumped on Fox Sports 2.  None of my family across the country get this channel.  UVerse offers the channel but it's not in our area.  I'd pay more money to switch to Dish or Direct to get the service that Comcast should be providing.  My husband called again Monday and is still waiting for a call back.  I 'chatted' with an agent today who told me that it was being broadcast in my area but that it would be some time before I could actually receive it.  She then told me that it would be on the same channel that Speed used to be on, and then, when I told her that's where Fox Sports 1 is being broadcast, she told me that they had no date or information as to when or if they would carry Fox Sports 2.  They don't know what it even is.  Service is a joke.  Very close to ditching them.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ive come to the decision that come the end of this racing season and before the start of Monster Energy Supercross on January 4th that if Comcast doesnt offer/provide FS2 that I will be jumping ship to @DirectTV.  Ive had enought of this BS and non response, Comcast never offered FuelTV and they will never offer FS2 from what I gather.  my countdown clock has just started, so long Comcast.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I live in the sticks (Denver CO) about 2 million people in the metro area so I guess we're not worthwhile to the bean counters at fox and comcast. Plus we only have one Sprint Cup Series Car here, which by the way is in the chase. We've all been dupped and maybe the thing to do is contact NASCAR. Who knows, maybe they can press the issue with these two duds.

fanfeedback@nascar.com

Highlighted
Contributor

I am in the pacific NW and we don't count either. I've called several times and requested and it's like blowing in the wind. Comcast has said that Fox won't release FS 2. I bet it is because Comcast won't pay the fees Fox wants. I'm also on the countdown. I'm giving Comcast I until February 1 to get their act together.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry to hear you're in the mix too. I did follow my own advise and sent an email to NASCAR asking for their help. Here's the email:

OK it's me again and I must say I haven't been the least bit kind to you all but we, the viewers in the US, need your support to get Comcast and Fox to get together and offer Fox Sports 2 to those of us who do not receive FS2. I would imagine your many sponsors would be concerned that we are lucky to get 1/2 the shows and information that we used to get from Speed TV. I am in Denver CO where we have a metro area of around 2 million people. No it's not NYC or LA but we still love our racing and deserve adequate programming here.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you might be able supply,

I don't know if it'll help but we'll see.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

NASCAR is paid, either directly or indirectly, by the sponsors.  NAPA pulled out of NASCAR just because of that deal at Richmond?    I'm not so sure.  They lost a ton of advertising by Comcast not carrying several events (FS2 qualifying, etc).  Something to think about. Have a great day,  B25 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Robob, you are asking in the wrong place.  Nobody here except us customers, or soon to be former customers.

Highlighted
New Poster

I was in hope that I would be able to view the nascar camping world truck series qualifying? It was said to be on Fox sports 2 ?  I pay for the sports package and used to get all of the races and prelims now I cant find it because comcast who was supposed to add it is dragging there greedy feet and ignoring there loyal paying customers. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Maybe all us Nascar lovers need to call Comcast & tell them we're dropping them, if they don't get Fox Sports 2 & you're going to Direct TV.   If they knew they were losing thousands of customers, I bet they would do something!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying at Talladega is only being shown on the new Speed channel replacement overflow channel "FS2" Fox Sports 2 (which everybody seems to carry except for Comcast)? Why not, as high as my cable bill is!!! 99% of the channels Comcast charges me for I do not watch and are complete garbage (but I have to pay for them all to get a few decent channels and HD) and my favorite was Speed channel, so I feel Comcast should do everything possible to provide us with every NASCAR racing channel available. Drop 50% of the stupid channels that 99% of us don't watch and there will be plenty of money to purchase FS2 and please your customers so we don't have to leave for DIRECTV or FIOS. Thank you!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar

Highlighted
Contributor

It would be great if Comcast read all of these forums, but everyone's says they do not. On another forum, racing girl provided the following contacts:
Comcast Senior VP Tom Karinshak at 1-800-266-2278
FOX David Harris 310-369-1000 this is the main number and ask for him quickly
If they get a lot of calls maybe they will do something.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I AGREE!!  COMCAST GET FOX SPORTS 2!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I AGREE!!  COMCAST GET FOX SPORTS 2!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Fox Sports 2 is on my On Demand menu, however there is nothing available to watch on it!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I agree!!! I was all set to watch the ALMS race today from Road Atlanta, and it's not on Comcast. Losing the SPEED channel was a big blow to racing fans. Now it is just another channel for College football for..there must be 10 channels every Saturday for college football. 

Who cares?!?!?!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Write to your race venue of choice and ask them to press fox and comcast to add FS2. It isn't going to happen as long as we the little people complain but maybe the ALMS and NASCAR can help.

Highlighted
New Poster

just found out it will cost 40 bucks a month for fox sports 2 on comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

That does it, all set to watch Monster Energy Supercross tonight, guess what channel FS2... I am seriously ready to plug my roof antenna back in (take about one minute) and supplement that with the internent ***k-**u Comcast for your lousy expensive programming. By the way, I get a better HD picture from the roof antenna anyway than your cable - - - fed-up

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How many complaints does Comcast need to receive to respond to their customers?  The list showed 120 postings on this topic.  Oh! I guess this forum is only for customers to converse. 

When will Comcast customer service respond?????????????????

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 Northern CA/Bay Area

have been a customer 30+ yrs. lotsa peeps are angry, not only us! c'mon comcast, do something more than increasing our monthly service rates and giving us the run-around!

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Why-does-Comcast-not-carry-Fox-Sports-2-former...

Highlighted
New Poster

Well that sucks... No Fox Sports 2 in my area... No Monster Supercross live... maybe its time for a change in provider...

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2 now lives where Fuel TV used to be. I'm watching it right now in south Florida on channel 740

Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast & they told me they don't even offer Fox Sports 2.  They said to contact Fox Sport & complain.  Now, what do you believe?

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

I have both FS1 and FS2 on my triple play account.  I'm in Eastern Mass.

Highlighted
New Poster

@2161950 wrote:

I called Comcast & they told me they don't even offer Fox Sports 2.  They said to contact Fox Sport & complain.  Now, what do you believe?

That's ridiculous since it's where Fuel TV used to be. At least in my area.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Fox is actually the big liar here. When they bought SPEED, they said most of the racing would stay there. BIG LIE.

Nothing but boring small town college football no body cares about. 

And Comcast...what a joke. Every try to find out what speed your internet is when you have a package? 

Thier website is a joke, endless maze of mis-information.

I am dumping thier sorry service and going to DirectTV. 

The fact that they lie about how many HD channels they have is enough to quit them. Putting a different channel number on the same channel, doesn't count as another HD channel. They do this with all the Premium Channels. You only get one REAL HD channel for HBO or Showtime. 

I have had it. 

I hate them. 

And dont' get me started about thier POS DVRs and router/ modems.

Highlighted
New Poster

@manamok wrote:

Manamok, what channel???

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@magoomba wrote:

@manamok wrote:

Manamok, what channel???

841 for FS1 and 177 for FS2

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No 177 here in Fremont, calif , comcast is a joke while sticking its customers with $$$ service. I have the X1 Dvr service triple play and no FOxSports 2 👎
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Those are the channels I have listed as well in Southern NH HOWEVER. FS2 has no programming on it. Not part of ANY pkg.
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@sptaylor wrote:
Those are the channels I have listed as well in Southern NH HOWEVER. FS2 has no programming on it. Not part of ANY pkg.

I have the Premier XF Triple Play bundle - I think FS2 is part of that.

Highlighted
New Poster

fox sports 2, mavtv, universal sports network,comcast offers none of these for 200 $ a month total rip off ..dish net work will get my $ from now on...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Let's add FOX SPORTS 2 to the Pittsburgh Market..  We've been waiting....The Dish Network is starting to look like a great opeion soon...

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

Why don`t you carry fox sports 2. I live in Indiana and I pay alot for your services. If you can get fox sports 1 then you should be able to get fox sports  2. I watch Nascar alot and now I can`t get the qualifyiing anymore. It is ashame Comcast is so expensive but they have channels that don`t need to be on there but they can`t put the channels people want like fox sports 2. Get it together Comcast there are alot of people that are very upset with you.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If you want to know why COMCAST customer service doesn't respond to requests made on this forum, it's because the only people who read this are other customers like yourself.  COMCAST doesn't read this forum.  It is for COMCAST customers to help other COMCAST customers with suggestions.  IF you want to make an impact, you either need to go to "Chat" with a customer service rep, or call COMCAST to request FOX SPORTS 2.  As I have said before, here you are just preaching to the choir.  If it makes you feel good to complain on this forum, then great, but it isn't really accomplishing anything towards convicing COMCAST to release FOX SPORTS 2 from captivity.  CALL COMCAST.  ASK FOR FOX SPORTS 2.  It's a question of numbers and being a pain in their backside about it.  Or switch to Direct TV, or DISH, or Verizon FIOS.

Highlighted
Contributor

I just talked to David Harris at Fox. He said he was getting a lot of calls, but the issue is with Comcast, as we knew. He read the contract language, but I didn't write it down. Basically, the agreement that was signed says that Comcast has until 2018 to offer Fox Sports 2 . He says that of course Fox wants to have it available. I did ask why they put NASCAR and racing on fox spots 2. He said they had existing contract for college football which the had to honor. So we need to keep bugging Comcast until they get tired of us. Direct tv is looking better.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me about this issue, so glad you called Fox Sports.  I'm not waiting until 2018 to get Fox Sports 2.  If Comcast doesn't get it by Feb. 2014, I'm dropping them & going to Direct TV.  We need to bug Comcast about this matter!!   You need to tell Comcast you contacted Fox Sports & this is what they said.  So Comcast, you need to get it ASAP or a lot of customers are jumping ship & going to Direct TV to get Fox Sports 2.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Went thru all that....adding the premiere bundle xf to our account only to find out the ONE channel I wanted FS2 is NOT available in our area.  I was TOLD by customer service rep that it was part of that package... when signals were sent out to update, that was the only channel that did not work.  Called back same day and was told it was not a channel that was offered in our viewing area.

Since then our account has been so messed up I don't know if it will EVER get back to what it was originally.

FRUSTRATED....is being extremely kind!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Logged on to Comcast today to ask again about FS2...here's the response I got....SAME BLAME GAME!!!

COMCAST:On August 17 2013, FUEL TV will be renamed FOX Sports 2. Fox Networks made the decision to capitalize on the FOX Sports brand and coincide with the launch of FOX Sports 1.

cOMCAST: FOX Sports 2 will continue as the network that features UFC, motocross and soccer while expanding its programming to cover other top sports. It will be an extension of FOX Sports 1.

COMCAST: You will see FUEL TV renamed FOX Sports 2.

ME: so....are you telling me that it is or is not available in my area?  I've seen and read all that promo before the launch dates went into effect.

COMCAST: I am still checking on it more further.

COMCAST: Thank you for patiently waiting.

COMCAST: I do apologize, I have double checked here on my end, as of the moment, Fox sports 2 is not yet available and I would love to provide you the exact date whe it will be available but we do't have that information since comcast is just a provider the network is the one providing the channels. No need to worry, comcast will surely update you about this certain channel.

COMCAST: I made sure everything is documented here on my end.

COMCAST: I have take note here on the account, once there will be an update you will be definitely notified.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

There is no doubt in my mind that the customer service people at comcast have absolutely no idea what goes on in their company.I will not play their run-around game anymore and if by some stroke of fate we get FS2 it will be in spite of comcast rather then due to them doing anything for us.