aemerson's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 26th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Don't Upgrade Services if you like your TV Lineup

I know I'm not the only one, but I'm still pretty upset about this situation.  A rep assured me that I'd keep my channel lineup if I upgraded my package for a cheaper price.  Ended up losing multiple channels including Investigation Discovery, which was the channel I watched most.  Apparenlty Xfinity/Comcast decided not to renew with Discovery, so there's no way to get my channels back.  Now I'm stuck with this ridiculously priced package and I don't use.  I've been looking for alternative services.  It's too easy to tell the truth, but the rep was obviously only worried about a sale and not the customer. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

I agree. I have an old plan that costs more, but I leave it alone and do not try to negotiate . Most channels people are complaining about losing, I still get, including Investigation Discovery, WE, WGN, TV Land, and others. I did lose TCM but was forewarned on that one.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

5 years ago

I also have an old plan and will not change anything. I have all of the channels others have lost when they upgraded to a new plan. I did lose TCM & CMT which is odd because I have the so called sports and entertainment package. I have all of the sports channels from that package but not TCM or CMT. I will not call about this because of the fear of losing the other channels. As many people have said, you lose channels yet the price does not go down. I also don't want to go to streaming because I need internet and I hear that Comcast charges a lot for just internet. I am talking about $80 to $100 per month just for internet. I can only have Comcast where I live so I keep the plan I have. I still pay a lot but at least I still have all the channels that I like to watch.   

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

@Laurie3101 wrote:

I did lose TCM & CMT which is odd because I have the so called sports and entertainment package.

Odds are it was a sports and entertainment package created before those channels were moved there so you get the channels that were in the package at the time you subscribed to it. And I think you are correct, if you called about it, you would get a new sports package that would alter your plan and the older channels would go away.

I have a long list of things Comcast Reps have messed up, including locking out techs, while they were here, from authorizing new cable boxes (called putting my account in "restricted mode"). After following their advice, the account would not unlock, so I figured it out on my own and fixed it. They had put my cell number in with my home number as my main numbers, but put the cell number first when the home number was the one that controlled the account. I deleted the cell number from the main number area and my account was unlocked (unrestricted) so the techs could work. Reps told me the fix was I had to change a password on one of my email accounts. Clueless reps.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I wish I would have read this at first. However, there is a work around with ID channel. I was told over the phone by a rep that even I am subscribed to id channel I can online watch it via the xfinity stream app. It works!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here