Community Forum

Channel losses and price increases, TCM. Encore

nickp1
Contributor

Channel losses and price increases, TCM. Encore

I have previously posted regarding TCM, TCM Encore and customer agreement, and more channel losses.   I was able to view my PDF statement for (Dec-Jan) today with some interesting information regarding my price increases and channels losses (page 5-6 on my statment). Effective Jan 1, 2020 my monthly broadcast fee will increase by $6.20, Blast $3.00 and Internet/Voice and equipment rental $1.00. Comcast does post a note explaining their price increases, read the last paragraph carefully and if I read it correctly the Blast increase I will not be charged until my agreement has expired. To sum up, I will be losing numerous Encore channels 12/10/2019 with all of Encore removed 12/31/2019 and as of Oct/2019 forced to pay $9.95/month to watch TCM, and as of January 1, 2020 I will be paying at minimum $7.20/ month more.  $17.15/ month more total for being a loyal customer since 2002, NOT the contract I agreed to originally.

I have come to realize Comcast corp is ONLY and STRICTLY about MONEY and nothing else regardless of their ads or statments. When my contact is expired I will not only cut the "cord", but melt it, shred it destroy it any way possible. I was going to write to Comcast corporate but it really does not matter because their thinking is go ahead and leave we have Millions of you saps anyways. Below is an interesting link about Braodcast TV fees.

https://billfixers.com/blog/broadcast-tv-fee