Community Forum

Bad quality for NHL Center Ice (Spokane WA)

Ygolonac
Regular Visitor

Bad quality for NHL Center Ice (Spokane WA)

When the free preview was on, there was a nasty tendancy for the games to lose audio, and thre video to lag and stutter, sometimes so badly that the cable box would drop the game in question and kick back to the previous channel. I figured it was just something to do with the new channels.

It's now been a full month since the season started, and the games still lose audio and have video issues - haven't had the complete drop, but it's still BAD WORD HERE near unwatchable at times. It doesn't matter which team's channel I'm watching, if one game is having issues it occurs across both team's channels.

If I bring up a pirate stream on the computer, there's no lag, stuttering or video issues, so it's not the broadcast feed. (In fact, that's the only way I can watch the Flames/Canucks game tonight. The Xfinity broadcast is currently nearly a minute behind the stream, and has had no audio for about half the time since the start of the broadcast.)

I added this package for the ability to watch hockey on the big-screen TV. While I *can* watch streams on the computer, or a portable device, that's not what I *want*, and *am paying for*, and if Xfinity can't handle a cable broadcast, I don't know that I'd trust their stream quality.

The NHL Center Ice channels are the *only* ones having these issues. The issues persist through both cable box and entire system reboots. The issue is not related to streaming or any other bandwidth useage, as I didn't start the stream until after 10-12 minutes of audio and video problems.

Is this common with Xfinity (IE, I should go to the local store and get a refudn), or is it just local (IE, go to the store and DIFFERENT BAD WORD HERE up a storm)?

ComcastRayana
Official Employee

Re: Bad quality for NHL Center Ice (Spokane WA)

Hello, @Ygolonac. Toronto Maple Leafs fan here and my dad loves the Canuks. I am sorry that the Center Ice programs have been working for you like that. I want to look into your signal levels and get things working for you. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastRayana” and click “Send a message."

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!