Community Forum

BEWARE !! ID CHANNEL AND WETV WATCHERS

New Poster

BEWARE !! ID CHANNEL AND WETV WATCHERS

Beware exisiting COMCAST XFINITY customers changing their programming as well as new customers, they've eliminated the ID channel and WETV.  They are no longer available.  I wasn't informed prior to changing so I'm stuck without one of the most popular channels.  I'm now looking for a new carrier.  The hunt is on, only have 30 days.

Regular Contributor

Re: BEWARE !! ID CHANNEL AND WETV WATCHERS

they aren't the "most popular" .. they may be YOUR favorite, but not in overall surveys

Expert

@SABRUANO 

The ID channel was removed long ago as Comcast no longer has a contract with them to carry the channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am also extremely upset about this change. I want to watch Love After Lockup. ID was another favorite. I rarely watch TV, but when I did, it was the two channels that they threw away. I hate Comcast more than anything in the world. Our internet works half the time and now I don't have my two favorite channels. 

New Poster

It wasn't gone a long time ago in my area. It was just on demand a month ago. 

New Poster

I'm so livid right now! We were sold on the "preferred" package with a channel list including the ID channel which is my favorite channel. We had a guy here Saturday for five hours and then Sunday, the ID channel shows we must "subscribe" so today I called and they don't offer the ID channel AT ALL. GRRRRR

New Poster

Respectfully, would YOU be happy if you were sold something with a feature written in black & white on your contract/account information? I think not. 

Contributor

@keikeeo wrote:

I'm so livid right now! We were sold on the "preferred" package with a channel list including the ID channel which is my favorite channel. We had a guy here Saturday for five hours and then Sunday, the ID channel shows we must "subscribe" so today I called and they don't offer the ID channel AT ALL. GRRRRR

Is this regional? I'm in the MA and still receive the ID (Investigation Discovery) channel.

New Poster

Probably. Someone else said earlier that ID had been gone for months. It absolutely was in my channel line up a month ago. I know this because I watch it on demand all the time.