Community Forum

BEWARE !! ID CHANNEL AND WETV WATCHERS

Highlighted
New Poster

BEWARE !! ID CHANNEL AND WETV WATCHERS

Beware exisiting COMCAST XFINITY customers changing their programming as well as new customers, they've eliminated the ID channel and WETV.  They are no longer available.  I wasn't informed prior to changing so I'm stuck without one of the most popular channels.  I'm now looking for a new carrier.  The hunt is on, only have 30 days.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: BEWARE !! ID CHANNEL AND WETV WATCHERS

they aren't the "most popular" .. they may be YOUR favorite, but not in overall surveys

Highlighted
Expert

@SABRUANO 

The ID channel was removed long ago as Comcast no longer has a contract with them to carry the channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am also extremely upset about this change. I want to watch Love After Lockup. ID was another favorite. I rarely watch TV, but when I did, it was the two channels that they threw away. I hate Comcast more than anything in the world. Our internet works half the time and now I don't have my two favorite channels. 

Highlighted
New Poster

It wasn't gone a long time ago in my area. It was just on demand a month ago. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm so livid right now! We were sold on the "preferred" package with a channel list including the ID channel which is my favorite channel. We had a guy here Saturday for five hours and then Sunday, the ID channel shows we must "subscribe" so today I called and they don't offer the ID channel AT ALL. GRRRRR

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Respectfully, would YOU be happy if you were sold something with a feature written in black & white on your contract/account information, canceled your current service, spent a day having the new installed only to find you no longer have access to one of two TV channels that interest you most? I think not. 

Highlighted
Contributor

@keikeeo wrote:

I'm so livid right now! We were sold on the "preferred" package with a channel list including the ID channel which is my favorite channel. We had a guy here Saturday for five hours and then Sunday, the ID channel shows we must "subscribe" so today I called and they don't offer the ID channel AT ALL. GRRRRR

Is this regional? I'm in the MA and still receive the ID (Investigation Discovery) channel.

Highlighted
New Poster

Probably. Someone else said earlier that ID had been gone for months. It absolutely was in my channel line up a month ago. I know this because I watch it on demand all the time. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Can you read ?  I stated it was "one" of the most popular channels, not the most.  Thanks for your comment.

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, until you change your programming, start a new contract or become a new customer.  Unbeknowst to me it was eliminated from my programming when a started a new contract. 

Highlighted
Contributor

@SABRUANO wrote:

Yes, until you change your programming, start a new contract or become a new customer.  Unbeknowst to me it was eliminated from my programming when a started a new contract. 

Thanks. That's good to know.

Highlighted
Contributor

So, "The ID channel was removed long ago as Comcast no longer has a contract with them to carry the channel." And yet today 12/24/2019 I examine the shop/upgrade link at the xfinity site showing a triple play package and checking the full list of channels it clearly shows the ID and WE channels listed with a blue dot indicating that I would be receiving these channels as part of the offer.

Would you at least admit this is deceitful and unethical.

Investigation Discovery

Investigation Discovery HD (Investigation Discovery)

WE tv

WE tv HD (WE tv)

Highlighted
New Poster

It still shows on my cable box, but when I click it, I"m taken to a screen that says I need a subscription. I called to get a subscription, but there isn't one. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@billmich88888 wrote:

they aren't the "most popular" .. they may be YOUR favorite, but not in overall surveys

In 2018, Investigation Discovery was the 6th most popular Cable network, and is even higher amongst Women 25-54.  So yeah, it's pretty popular.  Not sure where you got your information from, but it's not accurate.  

Also, no need to send out surveys.  If you use X1, Comcast knows exactly what you watch and for how long you watch it, as it's a two-way communication system.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Removed by me for violating forum guidelinesSame here.  I used their chart to select which package I wanted after my current package was out of contract.   While LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNT, below is the chart that displays for my exact address (I removed the street address for privacy).  I switched from the Premier package to the Preferred Plus package.  Their website CLEARLY shows that ID is included.  The minute my package was changed, I lost the ID channel, WE channel, WGN America and a couple others that their chart said were included.  <Edited>.  

Website showing ID in my zipcode.JPG

Highlighted
New Poster

Same happened to me and I specifically told the Agent I did not want to lose those channels as they are the ONLY ONES WE WATCH PRIMARILY NOW THEY ARE GONE!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@billmich88888 wrote:

What's your survey source, please.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@moodyj66 wrote:

@keikeeo wrote:

Is this regional? I'm in the MA and still receive the ID (Investigation Discovery) channel.

Apparently, only certain (long term or at least established)customers were able to hold on to their ID channel because they grandfathered in. I've read of people all over who simply upgraded their account and suddenly they don't have ID any longer. No warning, just gone. It should be illegal. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes read on all the posts people are <Edited> taking away turner classic id encore mystery yet raise the bill 👋 see ya

Highlighted
Contributor

I really don't understand what you are talking about. I have never lost the ID channel, where I live in Delaware it's Channel 899. I watch that channel a few times a day actually.

Highlighted
Contributor

I swear, this thread is so confusing. I have not lost ID, WE or any of the other channels mentioned here and I have not upgraded or anything.

Here's the ID Channel finder: http://id.channelfinder.net/start_650x450.asp

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I swear, this thread is so confusing. I have not lost ID, WE or any of the other channels mentioned here and I have not upgraded or anything.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I didn’t do anything to my package and it went up $50 this month. After calling Comcast they tell me that I can’t change my package or I’ll lose WEtv. There’s no option just for that channel or ID channel.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello from Ponte Vedra Florida. First I on Sunday noticed that STARZ was no longer working. The pop-up on the screen said that I could add the Service for $5.00 a month for 6 months and then the charge would become $8.99. Since OUTLANDER is one of my favorites I made the purchase. Later I called Customer Service to ask why my bill keeps growing and why I had not received anything about programming changes for STARZ. I was told that the Package I had no longer included STARZ and that it had to be separate like HBO.. To decrease my monthly rate I made other changes to my channel lineup to remove Showtime and Cinemax. I was told that I would not loose any other channels, so after being told the new cost I proceeded with the changes. On Monday my wife attempted to watch ID TV only to find that it was no longer there and had a pop-up to contact Support to add the feature. Needless to say I was miffed. I called and found out that because of my changes I had lost my grandfathered channels. I was also told there was no way to get it back. They said they had another solution for $9.95 a month for a package that had a crime show similar to ID. I reached out to ID TV directly my thread can be found with their response. DAPurcey
Highlighted
New Poster

this is a breach of the contract that Comcast has with customers when they sign 2 year agreements to these packages. you bind people to these contracts but change them and then charge a early termination fee. I'm going to a lawyer
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Only lose it if you change your plan. If you go to upgrade or anything it will not be on the new plan even if it specifies it will be on their channel list. It is still however available to stream from Xfinity. Really easy. just learned how to do it.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For a company bringing in millions or possibly billions every month, you'd think they would have a proper, updated package/channel line-up I just checked and after raising all sorts of hale, they finally show my line up correctly. It took four months to correct the line-up I chose based, of course, on the fact I could watch the channel I like. My husband doesn't care because he has his sports channels. He's as much a jerk as comcast. xfinity. I want to drop them. It can't be legal to sell services based on false info. I made sure to keep all documents printed in black & white.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The ID channel was the channel I watched 95% of the time, so this is a HUGE let down to me. &lt;br&gt;This seems to be a recurring theme, take away the “good” channels, replace with something no one wants or watches, yet the price stays the same!!!! At this point, I’m not even sure what we’re actually paying $300 a month for??? OR WHY!!!!!! I think my time has come where I need to look at other options, because Comcast/Xfinity is just one big disappointment after the other, and I’m pretty sure I can find “disappointment” for nothing!!!! <br>Plus, I don’t like to be censored for using a “bad word”!!!! I’m not 5, and said nothing here that could be considered a curse word or insulting, but I can’t prove that to anyone here because you took that from me too!!!!!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You can stream ID Discovery very easily through Xfinity or Hulu under Network. Hope that helps. Good luck
Highlighted
New Poster

I just found this out! I changed plans and went home and ID channel no longer there. I am in withdrawal!! The they tell me as of 2019 it’s not available anymore. Out of the 5 channels I watch it’s the top! So sad
Highlighted
New Poster

Don’t change plans because you will lose it. I was told all new plans there is no longer ID channel available.
Highlighted
New Poster

I tried that but it would not let me watch any locked ID shows.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Oh wow. How weird you're right. I saw a couple of those too but luckily I only saw a couple
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast censored my post as well... and I didn't even use a curse word!  I said something negative about Comcast, and they removed it.  Unbelievable.  I also am looking elsewhere.  And not just because their lineup said ID was included, but after signing up for that package it wasn't.  If you at one time were in a more expensive package, the more reasonable packages are no longer offered to you.  I have a friend (also a longtime customer) who is paying $50 less a month FOR THE EXACT PACKAGE.  What they do is get you into this high-priced package by offering you the most robust package they have for the same price you're currently paying.  Who wouldn't bite?  Once the contract is over, you figure you'll just lower your package to a reasonable rate.  But the kicker is those reasonable rates are no longer offered to you once  you've upgraded.  They of course don't tell you that upfront.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

you can stream only if your cable provider has an account for you
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Or you can stream on Hulu which cost a little but there is a lot of commercials. Or you can get the more expensive option.
Highlighted
New Poster

This is also our favorite TV channel.  I think we are being lied to because my brother in Denver has ID TV and he is an Xfinity customer.  What is really going on?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If he already had the channel he will still have it. It only happens if you go to change a plan upgrade or remove anything.
Highlighted
New Poster

If you upgrade or get new billing terms you will lose that channel.  I had it up until today when I did exactly that.  NO WARNING!!!  They do not tell you this!!!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@kfippinger wrote:

Comcast censored my post as well... and I didn't even use a curse word!  I said something negative about Comcast, and they removed it.  Unbelievable.  I also am looking elsewhere.  And not just because their lineup said ID was included, but after signing up for that package it wasn't.  If you at one time were in a more expensive package, the more reasonable packages are no longer offered to you.  I have a friend (also a longtime customer) who is paying $50 less a month FOR THE EXACT PACKAGE.  What they do is get you into this high-priced package by offering you the most robust package they have for the same price you're currently paying.  Who wouldn't bite?  Once the contract is over, you figure you'll just lower your package to a reasonable rate.  But the kicker is those reasonable rates are no longer offered to you once  you've upgraded.  They of course don't tell you that upfront.

Your post was censorsed/edited because you included your account information.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This happened to me and what really made it more frustrating is that online ID is listed as an option .  When I called Comcast the 1st level agent "appeared" to not know this is a common outcome of changing your package. 2nd level tech feigned a little surprise but quickly pivoted to Comcast made a business decision to drop ID, I understand business decisions but my issue is not having the information available to a customer when they are making their business decisions.  Comcast is poisioning the well of their customers trust by conducting business in this manner and it will cost them in the long run.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast/Xfinity is no longer contracted with the ID channel. Only long time customers, who've not changed their accounts in any way whatsoever still have the ID channel. I don't know the exact timeline of when the final split came but from the comments and questions I've read here I'd say a year or two.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast is still showing the ID channel as a part of their package online so users do not realize it is not an option until after the change has beeen made and they can no longer see the channel.  Since this has been ongoing for up to 2 years Comcast should have removed the ID channel as an option for their available packages. Comcast is engaging in deceptive advertising by showing this as an option because a lot of folks would choose a different provider rather than sign up for a new package if they knew some channels will not be available.

Highlighted
New Poster

How can a major cable company not provide ID? Work it out Xfinity!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Stream ID Channel thru Xfinity? Can you explain what application is needed?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry that was bad advice on my part. It only works if you have the channel lineup already. Which I don't so it didn't work for me either. It only worked for my mom who already had the channel lineup. When my mom upgraded she was able to stream it fine but then after a few days it just disappeared and she had no option to use it anymore. The only way I've been able to stream it actually is through Hulu. And it's not the live channel of course it's just regular streaming.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I experienced the same. Customer service rep was flippant and suggested adding another channel I’d have to pay extra for!! I replied that if there’s a remedy it should be on their dime, not mine. It’s called “good customer service”. Nothing I said had the slightest effect on an empathy molecule in the conscience of this person. I pictured her there, head piece in place, quietly chewing gum, speaking to me in a relaxed, positive manner while my blood boiled hotter and hotter.
I suggest printing a copy of the screen showing your package and the check mark signifying ID channel inclusion. I foresee a class action lawsuit in this service provider's future.
BTW, I checked the suggested channel's offerings which included mostly old "forensic file" episodes. I'm talking circa 2005.
Highlighted
New Poster

Me Too!   I got totally TRICKED!  Thought I was changing to a better plan only to find out after the fact that my WETV was somehow "grandfathered" into my old deal.  SO I had it yesterday, but now that I've upgraded my package I CANT GET IT BACK?!?  I am SO ANGRY!!    Where's the scissors...   gonna cut that cord soon!

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes it does show up and weirdly is still available for old packages but you cannot get it anymore if you sign up newer or you change your package. It's like grandfathered into some old packages.