Community Forum

Altitude Sports

Frequent Visitor

Re: Altitude Sports

Colorado viewers received a $1.25 credit, but how about the Utah customers? We have now lost Altitude and ATT Sportsnet Rocky Mountain. No more Avalanche or Golden Knights games even though we are in-market.

Still paying $8.00/mo. for “regional sports” that we can’t even watch.

What a joke.
New Poster

gteed kills

Frequent Visitor

This has gone on too long. If Direct TV can reach an agreement so can Comcast. Local sports is everything to this community. Comcast are you part of the Community? If so get a deal done or start losing customers.

Frequent Visitor

colorado avalnche

are you going to put the colorad avalnche back on tv

New Poster

Thank you for your explanation, but here is the issue.  Not only can we not watch Altitude, but we also cannot purchase NBA League Pass to watch the Nuggets.  I don't mind paying the extra money, but due to the contract with Altitude, the games are being blocked out there.  It would be nice if Comcast and Altitude would come to some sort of agreement to allow fans to watch one way or another.  Blocking out the games on all channels just isn't right.  I am just one customer with and issue and I know you are a multi-million dollar organization run by NBC.  However my contract is up at the end of the year and I don't want to go and find another cable carrier.  I like Xfinity, but I would like a solution to this problem.

Thank you,

New Poster

I have had Comcast for over 20 years and will be cancelling. I will not be extorted into buying the NBA package and I will not participate in them trying to push Altitude off the air.
Frequent Visitor

NBA TV games are blacked out. ESPN Plus games are blacked out. The AV's have been a national game once this year that I can recall. Your solution is NO SOULUTION. You need to work out a deal and support your community.

New Poster

I agree with previous customer posts that not allowing the Altitude channel to broadcast breaks our agreement with Comcast.  You should be unable to hold your customers to a binding contract when you are violating the broadcast channels we agreed to when signing.  You are certainly showing support for separate streaming companies taking over traditional cable offerings so I hope you will see the benefit of resolving this issue quickly, or continue to lose your somewhat loyal customer base.  

New Poster

Let me get this straight. I pay you for a service and you are also paid by advertisers. In turn, you force me to tolerate their drivel by not letting me fast forward on most on demand titles. Now on top of that and your exorbitant prices and monopoly over the market I live in, you shakedown our local sports franchises and hold our teams hostage from the fans. No wonder why Comcast is consistently rated one of the worst companies in the USA. Cut cord here.
New Poster

ALTITUDE

How many other people are considering dropping comcast because they refuse to make a deal with Altitude????  

I am so fed up with comcast.  They should allow me to get rid of all the spanish channels I am forced to have, even though I can't speak the language.  I would much rather have Altitude so I can watch the Nuggets and Avalanche, who are having brilliant, winning seasons.

New Poster

I am in the same boat!  One reason I have xfinity is to watch the Nuggets.  They are having such a great season and I'm so frustrated that I can't watch all the games!!

New Poster

Direct TV renewed Altitude.  xfinity is just greedy and STUPID to not renew.  You are going to lose thousands of customers, and it will be your own fault if you go under!!!

New Poster

Re: ALTITUDE

I am, but for now DirectTV can’t deliver service to our neighbourhood. Our option would be 4 AT&T wireless unlimited plans.

With Comcast we are stuck on their Dual Play plan which includes the 850 channels I never watch + the 300+ Spannish channels you mentioned.

For now I’m doing nothing but I wish I could get their internet service only and subscribe to a legal streaming service.
Regular Contributor

@Davidjonson wrote:
I am, but for now DirectTV can’t deliver service to our neighbourhood. Our option would be 4 AT&T wireless unlimited plans.

Just curious... I thought DirectTV  worked  based on the open sky.  I can understand a home being blocked by trees, but an entire neighborhood???

Problem Solver

Just curious... I thought DirectTV  worked  based on the open sky.  I can understand a home being blocked by trees, but an entire neighborhood???

The neighborhood could be on a north-facing slope of a mountain, for example.

Frequent Visitor

Altitude, can you let us know if you are working on a deal in good faith or if you have decided to scrap Altitude all togehter? If you have come to the decision to do away with Altitude and nothing will ever be worked out, your customers in this community need to know this so we can make our own decisions. 

Frequent Visitor

@Comcast_Support, please let us know what the future holds for Altitude programming on Xfinity. An honest update on the dispute would be appreciated while we all consider changing providers.

Paying a regional sports fee and not being able to watch any of the in-market games is completely wrong.
Frequent Visitor

No response... I see that Altitude has now filed a lawsuit against Comcast for charging us customers double the cost they were actually paying for the network.

Back to Directv I go!
Frequent Visitor

There may not be one right or wrong side to this issue but there is Good and Bad. Comcast will be considered bad in the court of public opinion on this one. People already feel that Comast is a monopoly since there really are no other choices for a number of consumers. Even non sports fans will now be upset with Compast as the news of the lawsuit and the details come out. 

I do not believe that Altitude TV does not share some blame here, however Comcast has spent a lot of time and money into Customer Service over the last few years due to many issues. They are now in the process of reversing any gains they may have achieved through these efforts by not solving this dispute. 

It is very discouraging to see Comcast take this stand and prevent it's own customers in this community from even having an option of watching these Pro and DU Sports. 

New Poster

Do you realize that it has taken me 49 minutes to even reach customer service ot Comcast support in any way, shape or form when searching for a venue to discuss the Altitude issue? it's your customer support! There is no way that Comcast is facilitating any communication with their customers regarding this issue.  I'm minurtes away from switching service because of the lack of communication regarding the "Altitude" negotiations".  There is no reason whatsoever why a customer cannot reach the busijness they are working with to express theior concern or disagreement.  Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Has anyone tried reaching Comcast as a long-term customer in order to express dissatifaction?  I have. There is no easy or efficient way to express dissatisfaction. It took me 49 minutes to even find this forum.  Comcast doesn't want to hear it. Guess what?  They need to!

New Poster

FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!! That's what the rest of us do!

New Poster

Who is in control of this forum???? OH. XFinity? More reason to question what i'm reading. 

New Poster

Altitude Sports

When college football season is over I’m going to have to look for a provider for my Avalanche and Nugget fix. Will it be Comcast?
New Poster

I have been a Comcast customer for about 20 years but if they do not work out something with altitude I am going to be forced to become a DirecTV customer tired of paying all this money for cable and can't watch what I really want to watch hopefully it doesn't come to that but getting really frustrated
New Poster

I currently pay for a bunch of channels I don't watch the right now no one's trying to give me a refund or any kind of discount I just want to watch my nuggets and Avalanche that's not a lot to ask
New Poster

This is just unacceptable and the definition of greed. Just because Comcast won't offer a reasonable price the fans in the Denver area are the ones who suffer? Just shows the priority of Comcast where they choose money over customer satisfaction.

It's just unfortunate as many people I know who regularly watch the Nuggets and Avs game will now be switching to DirecTV
New Poster

I am extremely disappointed that this dispute between Comcast and Altitude has still not been resolved so that I can watch the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets.  In this day, when many are cutting the cable cord and finding different ways to find thier favorite programs (while also saving money) I can't believe that Comcast would risk losing more customers.  I have now begun the process of researching the best ways to obtain Netflix, Prime, Hulu and local channels.  Granted, I still won't be able to watch my Avs but at least I'll be saving some money.  

New Poster

It would be great if you would move back to California if you don't appreciate Colorado.

Frequent Visitor

I tried to switch to Direct TV however sadly I cannot get a signal where I live. Another example of the MONOPOLY that Xfinity holds in Denver. I would love to be called as a witness in the lawsuit against them. 

New Poster

I agree with others, I pay a premium for TV with all of the options one has in today's market.  However Comcast cannot seem to resolve negotiations with Altitude Sports thereby I am not able to watch the Avalanche and Nuggets on TV.  What am I paying for? 100's of channels that I do not watch and the one I do Comcast/Xfinity will not settle the dispute and come to agreement.  I guess it's time time jump to streaming and use an antena for my local channels.  Been with Comcast for over a decade but it appears it is time to move on. 

New Poster

I'd like to know why I am being charged a monthly Regional Sports Fee when I can't even watch my regional sports teams on Comcast because they're too greedy to pay the Altitude channel to broadcast Avs and Nuggets games?! I will be cancelling my Comcast subscription when it is up in August. You guys run a horrible business and are monopolizing the market in rural Colorado! Shame on you!!!

New Poster

I will cancel my Comcast account and go to the satellite alternative if Comcast doesn’t resolve their issues with altitude I will switch to the satellite alternative. 50% of the reason I subscribed to Comcast is because of altitude for the Nuggets and the avalanche.
New Poster

I will be cancelling my service with Comcast Xfinity if Altitude Sports continues not to be shown in Denver, I will give you 30 days from today's date to resolve your issues with Altitude Sports.   I will not only pull TV I will discontinue all related services....phone, internet, TV and Alarm.  Enough is Enough!   

Diamond Problem Solver

Since Altitude is suing Comcast dont hold your breath on anything happening with your 30 day ultimatum.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

So what you're saying is I just need to cancel my service now?   

Diamond Problem Solver

So what you're saying is I just need to cancel my service now?
_________
@Mevans303denver
I’m not telling you what to do, as a consumer, ultimately you need to make that choice of what’s best for you. Ultimatum’s have zero effect as Comcast has already budgeted for people like you (it’s called churn).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Okay great explanation....I'm "CHURN" and Comcast could care less about retaining a loyal customer???  Perfect, great response it's what I figured you say!  Guess what I'm done with Comcast!   Thank You for your brutal honesty!!!

me

CHURN

New Poster

Bring back the Altitude Channel (already)!

Just wanted to be sure you're (Xfinity/Comcast) hearing us. Please bring back Altitude! It would be so nice to follow our Colorado/Denver teams this year. I realize this may entail some sacrifice(s) on your behalf...

[For the nine months ended September 30, 2019, consolidated revenue increased 20.8% to $80.5 BILLION compared to 2018. Consolidated net income attributable to Comcast increased 7.3% to $9.9 BILLION. Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA increased 17.5% to $25.8 BILLION.]
However please know that I, for one, will continue my $3000 + yearly contribution to your cause. Thank you for listening.
New Poster

Nuggets and Avalanche

I am still very upset that we can no longer watch the Nuggets and Avalanch games.  I checked the NBA channel also and that is a nogo.  I understand there is a portion of our fee that would pay for the Altitude channel but we don't have it and there is no reduction in fees.   Is this still a game about cost to get that channel?   I hate Comcast for doing this.