Community Forum

Altitude Sports

New Poster

Re: Altitude Sports

I will be canceling my subscription to Comcast as a result
New Poster

Saying that you don’t have right to broadcast Altitude is not completely accurate. Comcast is refusing to pay a reasonable fee to Altitude so that they can broadcast their programming. Stop trying to make this Altitude’s problems and accept responsibility. Also, since you say that you care about my bill — wonderful!! Allow me to choose the exact channels I want. Stop grouping channels. Combat is one of the greediest companies I’ve ever done business with. Starting tomorrow I’ll be looking elsewhere for content as well as interns.
New Poster

Altitude Sports

Avs season opener vs Flames is  7:00P tomorrow (10/3/19) and you are not negotiating in good faith with Altitude to broadcast all of Kronke's sports teams (Avs, Nugs, Mamoth, and Rapids) and local/regional sports.  ESPN just ranked all 32 NHL teams from a 'fun to watch' perspective, and the Avs came in at #4.  I am a huge hockey fan, Avs fan, and truly disappointed at not being able to watch the opener and the Avs other games for the forrseeable future.  As I am writing this, I also realize that I won't be able to see any of the DU hockey games, as they are on Altitude. That really stinks! Comcast is being disingenuous with the drivel that you are putting out about the dealings with Altitude. Saying that you don’t have right to broadcast Altitude is not accurate. Comcast is refusing to pay a reasonable fee to Altitude so that they can broadcast their programming.  ALtitude wants the same deal that it's had in the past. This is not unreasonable. Both the Avs and Nugs have good, young, and exciting teams to watch. Viewership will be on the upswing. Do a deal w/ Altitude or I'm looking elsewhere for data, TV, and VOIP.

New Poster

Re: Don't block my Altitude TV

The Rockies aren't on Altitude TV. They're on AT&T Sportsnet, which Xfinity won't allow access to stream on the AT&T Sportsnet app. They have little care for customer needs. 

New Poster

DONT BLOCK MY AVS
New Poster

Me too
New Poster

Re: Altitude tv

PLEASE DON’T BLOCK MY AVS!!!!!!  Best sports on TV!!!!!

New Poster

I want the alititude channel or get ready for me to cancel cable.

Diamond Problem Solver

@jeffrey-anderson
It’s not just Comcast, it’s not looking good
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/why-you-still-cant-watch-the-avalanche-and-nuggets-...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

START A BIG 3 BLACKOUT!!
I am so mad at the current situation I cant tell you. It should be one of the most exciting seasons for Aves hockey and we cant watch!
Since this is all about money why dont we use our power as the customers and boycott the big 3 for just 1 night and see if they hear us. If they dont I hope others will follow me and cut thier ties.
New Poster

Here is the bottom line, I do not like paying your high prices for cable tv.  And yet, I pay for it.  With both the Rockies and the Broncos having bad seasons, I would LOVE to watch the Avalanche.  So please stop this silly price war and pay them. 

New Poster

I want my altitude sports back in Colorado.
New Poster

Re: Don't block my altitude TV

If you are not going to carry the Avalanche or Nugget games in the Denver area does that mean you are going to reduce are monthly bill or do we just need to cut the cord? If you are holding out for more money than I guess we need to do the same thing.

New Poster

Avalanche and Nuggets

I'm posting everywhere I can. I'm paying a STEEP monthly sum to watch certain channels. I want Comcast and Altitude sports to quit screwing with people and work out an agreement! Both are playing around with our hard-earned money, and I want to watch the Nuggets and the Avalanche! I'm paying for it! Work it out!
I want my Avalanche! I want my Nugget's! The season starts today
Regular Visitor

I have asked several  comast customer service reps why I should continue to pay a regional sports fee, and have been invited to find another service by more than one of them. One even offered to eliminate an early cancelation penalty if I left comcast. These responses make me feel like I have no voice, and comcast doesn't care about losing accounts over this dispute with Altitude. 

That attitude alone makes me eager to switch my service to whatever company picks up Altitude first. 

New Poster

No Altitude - effect on customer rates?

As Comcast is asserting that the costs to continue to carry Altitude Sports are inordinate :

What is the average dollar value for the channel that was included in

the monthly service rates for those of us with packages that included Altitude are

still paying as customers?

Shouldn't the monthly rates be lowered to reflect product that we are no longer receiving?

Shouldn't the same principle be applied to the exorbitant monthly Regional Sports Fee also?

Consider that our regional sports TV coverage has essentially been cut by over 2/3rds!

What options are Comcast looking into if the dispute with Altitude cannot be resolved?

New Poster

I just signed up a few months ago expecting to watch Avs and soon the Nuggets. I am very disappointed and now feel that I was misled. I do not see any reason to keep the sports package. Please fix quickly.
New Poster

I am a new customer and I am not happy that you are not carrying the Altitude network!  I have another week left in my one month trial.  Figure this out or I cut the chord.

New Poster

I missed opening night of the Colorado Avalanche, my favorite team because Xfinity has still not resolved this. 

Century Link Prism is still carrying Altitute, so I will be cancelling my Xfinity service and going with Century Link.

This is unacceptable, and the fact that it has taken this long with no resolution clearly shows Xfinity does not care about its customers. And they wonder why so many people are "cutting the cord..." 🙄

New Poster

Re: Don't block my Altitude TV

Unacceptable. Especially for people like myself who pay extra for sports. It's Xfinity's responsibility to provide the programming I pay for. If this is not resolved, I will be canceling my service.

New Poster

Altitude Sports Channel

I hope that Comcast understands that buy disrupting the airing of Avalanche and Nuggets games by not carrying the Altitude Sports channel that they are creating a lot of ill will that might rub off on business partner such as Verizon and Hippo.
New Poster

Re: Altitude

I am  a long term Comcast / Xfinity subscriber.  The only reason I still pay for TV service is for live sports.  I am very disappointed that Comcast and Altitude are unable to reach an agreement on contract terms.  It certainly seems that Comcast is not acting in the interest of your long term customers but denying us access to this local sports content, just as the regular season is starting.

I hope Altitude finds a contract with a reliable streaming service (e.g. Amazon) so I can begin my cord-cutting from the increasingly higher cost of cable tv service.

New Poster

xfinity,

You are saying that the contract expired on Aug 31st, and you made an offer that they rejected.  What was your previous cost to carry Altiltude, and what did you offer them?  I can't tell if its Altitude/Kroenke sports looking for a money grab to make the 3 of you(Comcast/DIRECTV/Dish) look bad or you three holding them hostage because you don't own the content?  I would like to know so we can hold the right side accountable.

*FYI, you're losing an entire generation moving forward as my kids and their friends have no interest in paying for this type of service since they stream all their content, so be careful if you upset your current stakeholders.

-Thanks

New Poster

We should get a big discount for them dropping Altitude
New Poster

Why are we being charged a regional sports fee if the altitude channel is no longer active???

Regular Visitor

why I am still being charged for local sports 8$ a month 

New Poster

I want to be able to watch the Avs and nuggets when I want. You all need to strike a deal already if you give a darn about your customers.
New Poster

i agree, by dropping a network voids the any extenson obligations that we have with you. I am extremely disappointed in the fact that i switched to xfinity and one of the reasons is they carried altitude sports. Extremely dissatisfied customer

@Geri4 wrote:

It is my understanding that Comcast is considering dropping the Altitude Sports Channel in the Denver area.  I sincerely hope you do not.   It is the absolute best station for watching the Denver Nuggets games, and other local sports.   No national broadcasters can compete with the knowledge and fun of Scott Hastings and Chris Marlow.  Sorry, but ESPN, and national channels just can't compete with inside info from local personnel.  I hope Comcast (Xfinity) understands that customers have limited dollars to spend on entertainment.  I recently signed up to extend service with Comcast for two years, with express discussion with the service agent that it included the Altitude Channel.  If you pull Altitude, you are clearly breaking the agreement we had.   

Valued Contributor

Re: No Avalanche BIG Problem!

I feel bad for you Av fans. I live in south Florida and I was able to watch the end of last night's game on NHL.TV. And I'm not even a fan of either team.

New Poster

You can count on my cancelation if Altitude is not restored.
Frequent Visitor

Altitude is our ONLY reason to stay with Comcast.  You would think an educated & experienced negotiating team would be on board.....for both sides. You need to be better than this. 

New Poster

We cannot accept that there is no Altitude. We have Xfinity so we can watch the Denver Nuggets! Do not allow this to continue or risk losing lots of customers, including us! Do the right thing. You know you want to!
New Poster

I noticed that I was refunded $1.25 of my $8.00 “Regional Sports” fee that I am charged every month.  Why am I still being charged for regional sports programming at all at this point?  What am I getting for it???  Like many here, I will be looking for other options.  Since one of the major reasons I pay for cable tv is my regional sports programming, my family’s relation with Comcast/Xfinity is rapidly becoming unnecessary.  I am furious!!!

New Poster

I posted on this forum last week. Just logged in today to pay my Comcast bill… Which is $40 more month than I contracted for this previous May, by the way. I saw the $1.25 credit. Now I know..... but I think it should be an eight dollar credit, or a whole lot more! our family could care less about the Broncos, whose games are broadcast for everyone to see. We want to watch Nuggets and AVS, Both in some of their best seasons, and local HS and college. I've only stayed with Comcast because of altitude sports. I WILL CANCEL. Like another post said, keep your key current customers happy… The next generation only streams!

New Poster

Please we wanna watch our local sports teams. If nothing gets worked out then all 3 stakeholders (cable, altitude and the fans) along with others lose. So what’s the point?
Frequent Visitor

No Avs + No Nugs = No Comcast

New Poster

This is ridiculous.  You cut your offer to altitude.  They have costs of operations and programming too.  The people that lose are us fans.  I only agreed to an upgraded package with you as you carried altitude.  You are in breach of contract with me for failing to continue with the programming.  Make a reasonable offer and get this done before even more subscribers leave.  5g is not far off and then there will be no reason to put up with this nonsense.

New Poster

Wow, I got a whopping $1.25 off of my Comcast bill because Comcast isn't carrying Altitude any more.  Keep your not-enough-money-to-buy-a-coffee, Comcast, and use it to negotiate a fair deal with Altitude!  Altitude was one of the only reasons we still retained Comcast, and like many others here, if Altitude remains off the air it will cause us to rethink our entire media purchases. I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, so if Altitude launches a streaming service of its own, then tell me again why I should spend money on Comcast's services?

New Poster

Well let me jump on the bandwagon! Comcast needs to make a deal with Altitude. A bunch of billionaires arguing over pocket change is ridiculous. A major reason I keep cable is because of sports. I'm sure somebody (like Netflix, Amazon, etc.) will soon come up with an option to watch local  sports. Fingers Crossed! The previous blogger stated that they were able to get $1.25 off the bill because of this. I laughed out load. Come on guys....get this figured out! There are becoming many other options for TV viewers. That chump change you are arguing over now may become your lifeline to staying afloat in the long run. Take care of us fans - YOUR CUSTOMERS!

New Poster

Re: Don’t block my Altitude

I pay alot of money for your cable service. One of the only reasons i got Xfinity is for there sports packages. If i cant watch the avs or the nuggets then i should start looking for a new provider like hulu or YouTube TV.
New Poster

Come on xfinity give us a break
I've been a loyal customer for years and have always looked forward to and watching the nuggets and avs games for many years and pay a premium price,
I think it's time for over the air HD
and streaming only for me if the dispute isn't resolved soon
1.25 credit on my bill for missing my Avs and nuggets give us high paying customers a break lol
New Poster

Who's Lying? I heard an Altitude VP close to the negotitations say that they have a very fair offer on the table for the next contract. Comcast (and Dish, and DirecTV) not only rejected this fair offer (which was no increase for the first year and 5% for the remaing years) these Providers came back with a ridiculous offer of a Reduction (of double digit prportions). No precedent anywhere around the country for this. All of us who are paying extra an additonal charge for Regional Sports Package -  have no Regional Sports to Watch.  This message didn't get posted, at first, because a "bad word" at the end. I'm mad as heck - just as so many others are, Comcast - get it fixed, or I'll spend my money elsewhere!

New Poster

Still no agreement with Altitude Sports and nothing has happened yet, now as of  Oct. 11, 2019. So we all have now missed three Avalanche games. 

I assume you all at Comcast have been asked numerous times on how we can view your programming. I live in the Denver/Boulder, CO metro and want to watch the Avalanche and Nuggets but I can't now. I also reached out to Altitude sports with the same comments. When I called my you/Comcast twice and threatened to cancel there didn't seem to be much worry from your Customer Service agents, and my monthly bill was only lowered a few dollars.  So now my family and most of the 3.5 million people living in the Denver/Boulder metro who pay at least $100-$200 per month to Comcast have no option to watch Altitude and our local pro NHL and NBA teams.  I sure hope the Comcast leadership is in active negotiations with Altitude Sports as this hold out is unprofessional and unfair to many, Regardless who is at fault.  I told Altitude the same thing....please work it out like the professional multi-billion dollar operations you all are.  

New Poster

Great Corporate response. Bring back Altitude or lose another customer

New Poster

Not being able to watch the Avalanche is a BIG Problem!

You are on notice Comcast. I will give you 30 days to make a deal with altitude sports or I am going to cancel my triple play $280 a month subscription with your company and find another cheaper alternative Hulu plus with internet via century link and purchase a hockey and basketball that I can stream on my smart TV. You have been warned.
New Poster

We will drop Comcast trust US
New Poster

We all need to talk about potential options for meeting our needs without Comcast! I am serious about leaving as well and want to have my plans set for how I am going to proceed. Comcast, please take notice that we do not plan to continue sending you money if you do nothing to restore our happiness!
New Poster

As well, Comcast you are charging all of us a regional sports network fee and I w/ many others should ask the CO AG to investigate and demand a refund of services not provided. The Avs are four games in and 4-0. WTH Comcast. Look at all the customers you're loosing. Whomever blinks first gets my business.
New Poster

I want my Altitude sports back! The channel package we pay for isn’t that great, but it still costs a lot. I want my hockey back! I want to watch my Avalanche!
Regular Visitor

Do not block altitude tv