SeniorEngineer's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Returned Equipment, didn't get the promised $50 credit, and I am getting billed for the equipment.

I stopped using the Comcast modem months ago.  I got an email from Comcast that if I returned the modem, I would get a $50 credit to my account.   I promptly returned it several weeks ago.  

What happened was:

1)  I was NOT credited the $50

2) I am still being billed for the returned equipment

3) I have been getting billed for the return equipment for months after I stopped using it!

So instead of geting a credit, I'm actually getting billed an excessive amount for the equipment I returned and stopped using months ago.  And the online chat is worthless!  It just says I don't have any credits pending on my account despite the email from Comcast that says I would get a $50 credit for returning the equipment, which I did a month ago.  And instead I'm still getting billed for it.  Very frustrating.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was credited the $50 right away after being engaged by Comcast on this forum and providing requested account info, so it turned out well for me.

I shipped the modem on Sept. 3rd.

Comcast received  Sept. 8th.

$50 credit shows applied Oct 9th.

Thanks everyone.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@SeniorEngineer wrote:

I stopped using the Comcast modem months ago.  I got an email from Comcast that if I returned the modem, I would get a $50 credit to my account.   I promptly returned it several weeks ago.  

What happened was:

1)  I was NOT credited the $50

2) I am still being billed for the returned equipment

3) I have been getting billed for the return equipment for months after I stopped using it!

So instead of geting a credit, I'm actually getting billed an excessive amount for the equipment I returned and stopped using months ago.  And the online chat is worthless!  It just says I don't have any credits pending on my account despite the email from Comcast that says I would get a $50 credit for returning the equipment, which I did a month ago.  And instead I'm still getting billed for it.  Very frustrating.

You say you stopped using the modem months ago, but then only returned it several weeks ago.  You should have been billed for the modem as long as you had it in your possession, whether you were using it or not.

When you returned the modem did you get a receipt for it?  That receipt will help you getting the modem removed from your account and stopping further billing, however, you won't get a credit for the time inbetween stopping using it and when you returned it.

As far as the $50 credit I can't help with that; maybe an Official Employee will step in and comment about it.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, this is something that only Comcast can help fix with my bill.  And the online automatic chat is worthless.

I received an email about the $50 credit and quickly shipped the modem back a few days later.  There is no receipt involved.  I used the UPS label they provided, and the "return equipment" feature on Xfinity website shows that the return of the equipment completed.  Instead of a $50 credit, I got billed for another full month of rental on the equipment thas shown as received on the Comcast site for a while now:

Return #17758XXXXXXXX

Return Completed

Reminder: You're eligible to receive a $50 credit when you return your inactive internet equipment

Device serial number: XXXXXXXX

For a limited time, we are offering a $50 credit on your Xfinity account as our thank you for completing this return promptly*. You have less than two weeks left to take advantage of this offer. Please return your old equipment as soon as you can.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @SeniorEngineer! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with getting this $50.00 credit and the equipment removed from the account. I can certainly make sure we are getting this taken care of for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@SeniorEngineer 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m currently on the phone with Comcast being treated like I’m crazy and as if that email never happened. But I received several of them about the $50 credit. Never got the credit
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here