Community Forum

Exceeded number of attempts to add a payment methid

New Poster

Exceeded number of attempts to add a payment methid

I’m trying to add a payment method for automatic payments and have had nothing but problem. I’ve talked to over 4 customer service agents who “promise” to call me back and never do! When I try and add a card to my payment method I get an error message stating “you have exceeded the number of attempts to add payment instrument. We are unable to process your request at this time”. I am beyond frustrated that literally no one at Comcast will help me and just says “we we escalate this and call you back.” Here’s a shocker, no one has called me back and no one has fixed my issue! So here I am 2 weeks later with no help. Has anyone ever experienced this? I am so close to canceling this entire service.
New Poster

Re: Exceeded number of attempts to add a payment methid

Same exact issue. they are absolutely no help. Was this ever resolved? 

Official Employee

Hi, @gsimmondsand @Cfowler4774!  

We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Forum to report the issues you're having when attempting to update your payment methods. My team can investigate and may also be able to add the cards here on our end. If you @Cfowler4774, if you haven't already, can you send a private message? To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. Please include your first and last name and address. 

@gsimmonds, I'll be replying to your private message shortly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I too have this problem. ComcastChe ( or anyone ) can you help me? 

Official Employee

Thanks for letting us know you're also running into this issue @dtclark. Of course, I can help! If you haven't already, please send me a private message with your full name and service address as it appears on your billing statement.

To send a message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," then click send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

ok

Official Employee

I got your private message and have sent my response. Let's get this figured out @dtclark. Chat with you soon! 

New Poster

Hello, I'm also having this issue with adding payment methods. Every time I try I get, "You've exceeded the number of attempts to add a new payment instrument. We are unable to process your request at this time."

Xfinity has threatened to turn my service of by jan 14th. If I can't get it resolved by then I'll have to switch providers.

@ComcastChe 

Official Employee

Hello damien_baca. We appreciate you visiting the Xfinity Forum. We can investigate the issues you're having when attempting to update your payment methods. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address so I can access your account. To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastJoeTru," and then click send a message. Please include your first and last name and address.