Community Forum

Scrolling thru channels I didn't pay for

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
New Poster

Scrolling thru channels I didn't pay for

Xfinity, Please hide the channels that I didn't pay for so I don't have to flip thru them.  My elderly mother with dementia gets confused when flipping through the channels, especially those that show  "cancel or subscribe to this channel".  I just got the newest voice controlled remote but I haven't set that up for her because that would only confuse her more.  Occassionally she'll scroll using the up/down button and sometimes she'll try to key in a channel but occassionally types too many numbers.  Can you please simplify the remote and the scrolling function so that a "four year old" or a "76 y/o with dementia" can enjoy your service more?   

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Scrolling thru channels I didn't pay for

It may be easiest to set up a favorite list. There’s also a big button remote that’s fairly easy to use

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Scrolling thru channels I didn't pay for

adding.. for x1 equipment you can change the guide view to free to me which hides channels not in your subscription.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!