Community Forum

Reposition closed captioning bar

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
New Poster

Reposition closed captioning bar

1. How do you move the closed captioning bar to the top of the screen?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Reposition closed captioning bar

It’s not an option

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just came to ask the same question as the OP. Disappointing response to say the least. They have so many other options but it's as if the person who programmed this stuff doesn't actually use the captions so have no idea that positioning is more important than transluscence or box color to someone who actually needs captions.

Highlighted
Expert

@Fingolfin269 wrote:

Just came to ask the same question as the OP. Disappointing response to say the least. They have so many other options but it's as if the person who programmed this stuff doesn't actually use the captions so have no idea that positioning is more important than transluscence or box color to someone who actually needs captions.

use the captions setup in X1 set top box menu to adjust type of captions (reverse, etc). you just can't say 'where' to put the captions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!