Community Forum

Closed Captioning

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
New Poster

Closed Captioning

Closed captioning not working on just recorded program.  I checked my settings and they are ok.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Closed Captioning

@JaniceRL wrote:

Closed captioning not working on just recorded program.  I checked my settings and they are ok.

on what device? what type of program was being recorded? does the X1 set top box show the captions?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Except for the going in and out of apps part. It just stops working even though it says it's still on. And yes the cc is checked green. I also have had limited success with turning cc off and back on again. Then refresh the whole system. It is a constant battle!
Highlighted
New Poster

Trying to watch Amazon Prime with closed captioning. How to get it to stay on? Some episodes work...others don’t.
Highlighted
Expert

when you select a movie or TV series,  press up and go to the subtitles tab and make your selection. If you are playing a video press and right button to get to "CC" to toggle captions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!