M

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 4:05 PM

Xfinity's internet box loses connection every 30 minutes or so between the hours of 8 am EST and 9PM EST

About a month or so ago we get an email from Xfinity saying that they are "doing things to improve our connection" or something along that line. Ever since our internet would go out between the Hours of 8 AM EST and 12 PM, and recently that time span has grown and now happening at around the hours of 8-9 PM EST as well. We are unable to get ahold of a person, because their cellular and Email bot that you MUST TALK TO will not direct us to a human, and even when we do get far enough, it wants to "schedule an appointment", at which if our internet goes out and comes back their bot proceeds to "Automatically remove your set appointment because your internet seams to be working now", and when we did have a "tech" out here they said, and i quote, "We can not really do anything unless the internet is already down and having an issue when we arrive."

Customer service issues aside, we have been unable to get our internet stable. resetting the modem/router does not help, YES the cables are tightly connected, internet speed is fine when it is working, and the cables are brand new and have been working perfectly before they sent out that email about "Improving our connection". The modem has a white light when there is internet and it blinks yellow when its not connecting, blinks green when its re-obtaining its connection, and white when its connected. Furthermore, the internet goes well before the modem even knows there is an issue as we lose connection before the white light even goes yellow, and then once it becomes yellow, it reconnects in an instant, only to go out again in about 10-30 minute intervals with no actual consistency but the time periods as to which it happens, although, as of recent, even the time frame to the outages have been fluctuating as of recent with them either happening earlier, or lasting longer, than before.

The closest "office" that we can physically visit is a 3 hour drive, and we will be not driving that long/far unless we absolutely know its not going to end up a waist of time, money, and fuel, and as previously stated, getting a hold of a live body is next to dam imposable. Everything here runs on and needs the internet which is why we have the Gigabit plan, and we can't pay our bills without the internet due to the main money maker of the house working from home through a VPN to connect to the workplace, and no, the VPN cannot be the issue because if a VPN was an issue that would not explain why the modem is dropping connection and not just their computer as the VPN is not in the modem/router its on the PC they use to Work from.

any help will be greatly appreciated, due note, we have done ALL of the basics, just didn't mention all of them here as we've been through all the basics that internet companies tell you to do before, "do you have a bad cable? did you restart the router/modem? did you unplug it and plug it back in?" and so on...

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @MissMartian!  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can to ensure your service concerns are addressed.  No worries!  We fully understand to have service that functions properly at all times and want to make sure that you are being provided with the best experience with your service.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details so that we can take a look at what's going on for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

Hello - i followed your instructions for "direct message" and received the below reply saying i was in Violation of the Forum Guidelines:

Greetings! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to send us a direct message. For future reference, please keep in mind that sending unsolicited direct messages, is a violation of Forum Guidelines, but we can definitely take care of this for you from here. It just helps other members of the community with similar issues to find the answers they need. If you could send me your full name, the name on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Official Employee

• 

540 Messages

@MissMartian It appears we received your DM after 7 days from our initial response to your original post. Our policy is the reason why you were seeing that message. We can continue the interaction within the DMs. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to assisting you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

2 months ago

Constantly dropping internet - i work from home, makes this very hard to do when i keep loosing internet.  the ROBOT assistant is absolutely no help!  Cannot wait to get another internet option in my area to replace them with.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled XFINITY Internet is the WORST I have ever had
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here