U

Monday, October 21st, 2024 7:47 AM

Xfinity Wi-Fi will not load certain apps

I am not the only one who I've seen complain about this issue I personally have had Xfinity for 2 years and I have Xfinity pods and ever since having it certain apps that I try to use Wi-Fi on will not load I have to turn my Wi-Fi off on my phone and use my data to load the apps which seems backwards my Wi-Fi should be loading faster then my data but my issue is is that some of the apps won't even load it'll just stay stuck like the internet can't work through it and then were gaslit by the Xfinity customer support telling us stupid tips things like restart your modem restart your phone turn airplane mode on and off which is irrelevant and never takes care of the issue because you guys don't care about our issues. Oh and new issue anytime you try to select tags in this area it says oops sorry we can't do that and then you have to restart this I have had to rewrite this five times

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

6 hours ago

@user_qs5a0h Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We can understand how frustrating it is if your services aren't working correctly, and it takes a long time to load apps. I'd love to look into this further with you and help find a resolution. Can you tell me what apps you're experiencing this with? Have you already tried going to your phone settings>apps and then selecting the apps that aren't loading to clear the cache? I don't want to ask you to repeat any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, so if you could share the steps you've already taken I would appreciate it.

4 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ so for one the Xfinity app doesn't work very well and if I do get into the Xfinity app when I try to do a network test it definitely does not work with the Wi-Fi on my credit card apps don't work any apps that do work they're extremely slow loading I'm trying to think right off the bat of apps from the past that wouldn't load but I'm having difficulty this is just been such an ongoing problem my blink camera app doesn't work and another thing that happens is when I try to send a gif or image through texting if I have Wi-Fi on it does not work. I have cleared the cache  on all these things. I have restarted my router done troubleshooting tests I have all the updates for my phone and apps it just seems like it's an Xfinity problem not a me problem

4 Messages

Another app that won't load with the Wi-Fi on is 23andMe, libby the library app, us bank app.... like I said the other issue with this is that the apps that do load sometimes they're extremely slow loading my data should not be faster than my Wi-Fi in my house

Official Employee

• 

975 Messages

@user_qs5a0h, do you run into the same issues with anything on say a laptop or desktop computer? I wonder if it's not necessarily the apps but the connection as a whole.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here