U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jun 22, 2022 12:33 AM

Closed

Xfinity Wifi Hotspot

Ok, so this is my second time posting this problem here. I am now coming back to this issue because I recently moved and now I am settled into my new place and this same [Edited: "Language"] issue is back. I have endlessly tried to disable the wifi hotspot in both the app and online in my Xfinity account. Each time (in either app or online) when I toggle the lever I get the "There was an error. Try again or check back later" message. I haven't tried to call Xfinity CS yet, but that is my next step. Either way, I have already done the research and instead of buying my own modem/router combo, I will switch to Astound or Wave and possibly TV with youtube TV. Either way, something will be done. So I will either get this [Edited: "Language"] toggled off or I will completely end my services with Xfinity!

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Can't disable public hotspot!!!

XfinityEthan

Official Employee

• 

879 Messages

10日前

@user_a87e39. Sorry to hear about this ongoing hotspot issue. You are in the right place to take the appropriate steps to get it resolved. We can stat with looking into putting in a ticket and go from there. Please direct message your name and address. 

Make sure you are signed into forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here