U

Monday, August 26th, 2024 1:16 PM

Xfinity Upload Speeds

Anyone able to help me? I currently pay for the 1000mb (1G) plan and even though I pay for that plan I never actually receive the download speed of that and only like 80%ish of the plan, but when I run the tests through the Xfinity app, they say I get over 110% of my plan. Also, with the upload speed I don't understand why I'm only receiving barley 20ish MB upload speed, so why have high download speed and low upload speed? (Also, I am hard wired in as well.)

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

24 days ago

I believe faster download speeds are important because you're requesting all the information you need on your screen including pictures or videos which take up a lot of bandwidth. Your Google search for uploads is just a small text which doesn't need very much bandwidth at all. All that said, I'm having a very similar problem. I was recently given a free upgrade from 75 Mbps to 150 Mbps but instead after using the Xfinity app to restart my modem I've been stuck at 50 Mbps. This makes no sense to me at all and I've asked customer service reps and they can't explain why I'm not getting the 150Mbps  that my account is entitled to..

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

23 days ago

user_jk1360 Hi there! We would like to take a look at your account to make sure the bootfile is correct on your modem. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here