Gstexec11's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 15th, 2024 5:14 PM

xFi Pods with 2 active xb-8 Gateways

I have 2 xb-8 gateways with wireless active on 1 disabled on 2nd gateway.  I have been told I can not have xfi pods due to 2 active gateways.  The problem is I have 5 Xi6 wireless x1 stbs and 2 keep telling me the signal is low and need to move them.  If the stb's connect on the 2.4gh signal no problem but will after a while change to 5gh and problem start again.  I have to disconnect from power and wait a min to reconnect power and they will connect to 2.4gh.  Is there any other way to make the wireless stay on 2.4 since your xfi pods will not work and you will not recommend any other solution short of running coax or ethernet in the house.    Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

@Gstexec11 Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your connections. I know how important a steady connection can be and if I was having to constantly unplug and plug in my equipment that would be frustrating. Do you mind me asking have you tried to use just one modem in a central location? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

The modem that has wifi activated is in a central location.  The reason for 2 gateways is due to legal requirements from companies I do business with.  They require separate connections.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@Gstexec11 Thanks for explaining, and that is a strange set up so far unless the second modem has its own service. Are you paying for a separate service and account for that modem? Or did you simply connect it to have another router? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have 2 xb-8 gateways active on the same account (pay for 2 services on bill)  each gateway has a run from the tap to the modem. so Comcast bills me for 2 1200/35 service with different gateway and both have separate address on the same bill.  I only use wifi  and wired on one of the gateways and the other gateway is used for wired connections only.  This provides 2 separate connection to the internet to meet the requirements of not using the same connection.  I have 8 computers that I use for programming for different jobs.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Gstexec11 this is a very unique situation and not one we run into often. It does sound like due to the amount of devices and signals in your location the best solution might be to test an ethernet connection to one of your Xi6 and see if that makes a difference. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here