B

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 6:42 AM

Closed

XFi Gateway, Windows 10, Can't Connect Error

Whenever I try to connect to my Xfinity xFi gateway WiFi on my Windows 10 PC, I am prompted to input the password (again) and then it just says "can't connect to this network."  I'm sitting at the PC with my tablet and phone both connected to Xfinity with no problems.  My old Vista PC connects.  My Windows 10 PC can connect to my phone's hotspot with no problems.

I have restarted the computer.  Many, many times.  I verified the heck out of the password in the WiFi Bands part of the Xfinity app.  I have done WiFi and airplane mode on and off.  I restarted the router. I have Forgotten the networks and also tried putting them back manually.  I have uninstalled the driver and restarted.  It says there are no driver updates. I have reset the network adapter.  I did that thing where you enter command prompts to reset/renew the IP and flushdns.  I found some advice about advanced network settings and a mode (between the a, b, g, etc stuff), but no changes helped, so I put it back on Auto.

My xFi is new, but my PC DID connect to it at first, one time, a couple weeks ago, and never again.  

Tldr, ALL devices but PC connect to xFi, PC connects to OTHER WiFi only.

How do I make my PC and xFi friends?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

Has your Windows10 system been updated to version 22/H2 with all of the latest updates? I am having no problems here.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @BootsAndCats! Thanks for reaching out here on our community forums to let us know about your situation. It sounds like you've done most of the troubleshooting on your own. Thanks for trying that in advance. To confirm, is your PC up to date with the latest OS? Also, how are you connecting to the internet? Wi-Fi or Ethernet? 

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

I’m having similar connection problem as boots. W10, browser is working…Edge…I can browse without problems…

I’ve tried all the troubleshooting used by boots (above) still get error message 

cannot reach this page 

checked 

but I cannot access my xfinity account 

OS is up to date

Connected via Ethernet

cannot connect my Wi-Fi…configured correctly 

error message: DNS not responding 

Please let me know what needs to be done to resolve this problem 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

@amf27​ 

Did you get the major updates from W10 Edge late last week?

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

MN, yes, I did get Edge updates last week

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

Disregard…I’m using an alt browser on desktop and it’s working perfectly! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here