jamesmcw's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 6:45 PM

Closed

XB8 WPS issue

I got a new XB8 yesterday and when I try and pair my XB8 WPS it only blinks red twice and then returns to white, instead of blinking blue for two minutes to connect. I have reset the router manually and also through the Xfinity app. I got a replacement today, set everything up and it still happens, linking red twice and not pairing.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

No signal issue, the xfinity shop attendant said this sometimes happens and changed me back to the old XB7 (new one) and all is good with WPS again. So it seems a common issue with the XB8 unit

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

@jamesmcw Thanks for the information, that is certainly news to me and something I will keep an eye out for! Glad to hear you have a working connection at this time!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same here. I talked with tech support and even she hadn't heard about it. Person in store of course hadn't heard about it. Did factory reset, and like you, traded out modem only for it to happen again. Have you gotten any help?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Nobody could help, so I exchanged back to the older xb7 (new replacement unit) and all is good with WPS

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

8 months ago

Hi there @jamesmcw ! Thanks for reaching out here on the Community Forum! If this is still going on, it may be that there is a signal issue and not necessarily a problem with the modem itself. Are you still experiencing this?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No signal issue, the xfinity shop attendant said this sometimes happens with the XB8 and changed me back to the old XB7 (new one) and all is good with WPS again. So it seems a common issue with the XB8 unit

2 Messages

7 months ago

I am having the same issue with it only flashing red twice. I thought I was just missing a setting or something

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here