noespn2xre03059's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 28th, 2022 1:54 PM

Closed

XB7-T Modem Activation

How do I activate my new XB7-T modem without using an app?  I am concerned I won't be able to have home phone or internet if I don't understand how to activate it correctly.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

New modem has been setup and old equipment returned.  I did have to call the device activation line for assistance.

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

2 years ago

Connect it to the coax line and power it up. Let it fully sync up with the system, and check that the front / top panel indicator light(s) are steadily lit. 

Then connect a computer to it and open up a browser. You *may* see their *Walled Garden* modem self-registration page. If so, follow the screen prompts. Have your mobile telephone number, your Xfinity username and password, or the account number and telephone number associated with your Comcast account handy.

If not, try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their device activation line.

If that doesn't work for you, you can call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a new modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

2 years ago

Hello and Good Morning!
Thank you for reaching out to our Digital Care Team here within our very own community!
We'd be delighted to help out with moving forward with the motions to activate your new XB7!
You can follow the link here: https://comca.st/3t7uowW to go through the process, though the most common method is via the app! (Though it sounds like that may not be an option!)
Additionally, we'd be able to help too!
If you'd like for us to assist, please feel free to send us a direct message that includes your first and last name, and full-service address so that we may begin!
We look forward to it!

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

2 years ago

@noespn2xre03059 

Have you had a chance to try those suggestions that I posted for you ?

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

2 years ago

@noespn2xre03059 

Glad you got it squared away ! Now closing your marked "Solved" topic.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here