S

27 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 10:58 PM

XB7-CM Question 1 Configuration Back UP

I could have sworn I saw a place to save a backup of all the settings to my phone or computer from logging into the Gateway.  If so, I can't find it now.  Am I dreaming?

27 Messages

6 months ago

I was having trouble getting my HP WiFi  connected. On my old Linksys Router, I used my WPS button.  It worked fine.  I can't get this one to work. There is no flashing light from what I am reading. I think I have it enabled in the setting on the Gateway.  I did find where I could get a PIN from the printer on the display and entered that way, so did get it paired, but how do you get the WPS button to work?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled XB7-CM Question 2 WPS

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @SammyS56, thank you for reaching out to our forum for help with your gateway concerns. There isn't a way to save your gateway or xFi Network settings, as those are automatically saved in the cloud. However, this can help you become more familiar with the Xfinity xFi Advanced Settings. Regarding your second question, are you able to view your network name on your HP printer? 

27 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Hi. First off, what happened to my second question? I don't see it on line anymore.

My HP printer in setting up has never worked for me as the app says. I HATE that thing. But like I said, I used the push button on my old router to get the wifi working. Best I can tell, there is no displays showing available WiFi or way to enter a SSID or password from the control panel. There is only WPS functions and I stumbles on to it providing a pin to enter into your router.

Why doesn't your WPS button work. Never saw the little light other than steady white.

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hey @SammyS56 so when yo u push the WPS button on the rear of the XB7, the light will blink blue for about 30 seconds to allow that connection process to work. 

Regarding your posts, it looks like the 2 questions have been merged into a single thread for better management. 

Connect to WiFi With WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

27 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ I separated them to make it less confusing. Oh well. You obviously did not read my question. The light never flashed. If it is the same light what is white during normal operation, then it does not work. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Yes, it would be the same light,it would flash blue. You have covered the basics for connecting the printer. I would recommend reaching out to HP as we would not be able to troubleshoot why the printer is not connecting, I sincerely apologize. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

27 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ but why doesn't your light flash HP or whatever device I am trying to connect to.  Is it suppose to when you hit the button on the router? My old linksys did flash a light after the WPS button was pushed.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here