S

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 9:01 PM

Closed

XB7 MoCa setup not working

Hello,

Things to know:

Modem: Xfinity XB7

MoCA enabled in admin portal: Yes

I have also bought the Screenbeam ECB7250 2.5g starter kit.

Description of issue

I currently have the coax-in connected to a MoCa splitter with the outs going to my MoCa adapter and Modem. I also have a CAT6 ethernet connection from the MoCa adapter, connected to the 2.5g ethernet port on the modem. The Power light is solid green and the Coax light is flashing green.

And in the other room, I have the other MoCa adapter connected to the coax port. The Power is light solid green and the coax light has no light at all. Which means they're not communicating

Is there something I'm missing? Did I skip a step?  

I've also heard the XB7 has MoCa integrated so I should only need one adapter. Can someone please explain step by step how to get that done?

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

5 months ago

Solekid Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

5 months ago

Hello,

Was this issue able to be resolved? I’m having the same exact issue. I confirmed that Moca is enabled on my modem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@griggsfamily17 Welcome to our community forum! Are you able to send me a list of all the hardware on your line in order from the Xfinity coax line that enters your home? Here's a helpful thread that may be useful.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

One would think that by now Xfinity would be training representatives to efficiently help customers with this issue.  Same problem here, by the way :( 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@Tritton79 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 4-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here