V

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 2:37 PM

Closed

Has anyone successfully setup and used MoCa on Xfinity Modem

Hi All,

I've recently moved to Xfinity. I noticed that MoCA is available in-built with the modem i've received.
 Does that mean I will need just one more MoCA adapter plugged into my co-ax upstairs to use internet over ethernet instead of wifi? 
 I'm a li'l confused, Appreciate it if anyone can guide me? 

Regards,

Vaaz

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

Yes.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@EG Thank you for replying.
So here's how my internet is set up at Home.

Ground floor:

External Coax -> POE -> Splitter -> Xfinity Modem (MoCA in-built to Modem and enabled )

First Floor:

Wall Co-ax outlet -> plugged into TL-MC84 MoCa adapter on the MoCA port.

But I don't see the MoCA light on the TL-MC84 adapter. I even tried switching the co-ax cable to IN/OUT port.

Do I have the setup incorrect? 

Any suggestions?
Or is there a more compatible MoCA adapter that you recommend me to use with Xfinity Modem?

Regards,

Vaaz

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

The configuration is correct. Are you using a MoCA compliant splitter ? What is the make and model number of it ?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@EG thats a good point.

i'll check and update you.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Hi @EG,

This is the one I have at home for splitter 
https://www.commscope.com/product-type/splitters-combiners-multiplexers/coaxial-passives/coaxial-splitters/itemsv4g/

I looked at the spec's but it doesn't say that it supports MoCa. Could you kindly check this and let me know.

Thanks a bunch.

@Vaaz 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

Nope, that one won't work. It's only 5 to 1002. MoCA operates at a frequency above that. You'll need to use a splitter as I recommended.

Here's one that's currently available on Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/Antronix-MMC1002H-B-Splitter-Frontier-Formerly/dp/B07PRYS8YZ 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thank you @EG.

You have been so helpful. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here