U

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 4:47 PM

XB7 Arris Modem Blocking WiFi Calling

The internet is somehow blocking my WiFi calling ability on my iPhone. I typed in the IP address online, logged in, and looked through both the firewall and port forwarding settings. I have found nothing. Please help. Thank You

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hello there, @user_srdz8q! Thank you for reaching out for assistance with your Wi-Fi calling. I'm happy to assist you in identifying the issue. Before we get started, are there any other troubleshooting steps on your device you have tried? I'd hate to run you through the same steps. Also, can you please confirm you are on the latest version of your operating system on your phone. 

7 Messages

Yes I have tried literally everything. My software is up date date. I know it is somewhere in the modem settings. When I have WiFi calling off everything works fine, which proves it is the internet causing some kind of interference. Please give me steps to take inside the Gateway login. Thank you 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_srdz8q. You can access the Gateway settings through our Admin tool (http://10.0.0.1). 

• The default settings to open the Admin Tool are:
    • Username: admin
    • Password: password (case sensitive)
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

Yes I know that but what do I do when I login to fix this 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_srdz8q I am also an iPhone user and use the same modem. No issues with my WiFi Calling. Since your internet is working as intended and you have checked your modems settings the next step would be for you to contact Apple for further help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

This is not true at all. I’ve already talked to Apple and AT&T. My WiFi calling works on all other internet networks. It is most definitely the Xfinity internet. No one has given me one thing to try in the gateway settings 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here