anon86290's profile

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

Sunday, November 12th, 2023 9:37 PM

Closed

X1 Gateway Keeps Dropping Internet Connection

My X1 Gateway stays connected to my home network, but keeps dropping the internet connection.  This happens on all devices in the house...laptops and phones.  Sometimes this happens a few times a day, but today, it's happening many times every hour.

What happens is all of a sudden I can't browse, and the network icon in the system tray appears with a line through it.  To re-establish an internet connection on this laptop, running Windows 10 Home x64-bit, I click on the network icon, click on disconnect, wait for the list of "networks available" to refresh, and choose my home network again, and I'm connected to the internet again.

I've reset my network adapter, restarted my laptop, restarted the X1 Gateway, but no luck.

Any ideas?

1 Message

10 months ago

I'm going through the exact same thing .what is going on?

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Hi @user_u3pbum I'm sad you're having trouble with your internet connection. Have you already taken the time to troubleshoot with us?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

experiencing somewhat the same.  my x1 which is about 4 years old keeps dropping signal (approx 1-2 times per week). requires reboot . time consuming and annoying when working from home. online system runs a "check" of my speed etc and says everything is fine...until it is not. [Edited: "Language"] to get thru on customer service to get a new modem!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

My X1 is only a year old, but this started the day I got it.   But now, it's ridiculous how often this happens.  Sometimes more than 10 times a day.

I don't loose my network connection, just the internet.  That is, I can still connect to things in the house via the wifi like printers, but I can't get on the internet.  I have to disconnect from the whole network, and then re-connect. 

I'm wondering if it's a DNS issue with the default DNS set on the gateway.  Maybe a flush dns would help?

I also avoid trying to get through to Comcast on the phone.  And even when I can get through, most often they are of no help.

What do you know?  Just as I was about to press Post, I lost internet connection.  Here we go again.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @anon86290 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your internet connection. I know how important it is to have a solid connection. We would love to take a look at your connection and help with troubleshooting. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further.

To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not.

Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page.

Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list.

You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

@user_80vmap Thanks for letting us know you're having connection issues with your modem. Can you check all the connection to your equipment and wall to ensure everything is finger tight and secure?

Do you have any additional devices connected such as splinters, extenders, routers or amplifiers? 

Have you noticed if this happens during a certain time?

Does the connection come back on its own?

How long is the connection drop?

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

The first thing I do is check all connections.  They are fine.

I have nothing else connected to the gateway using ethernet.  There are other devices connected via the wifi home network...three other laptops, occassional printers, and of course, mobile phones.  All devices loose internet access when this happens.  The network stays connected, but internet connection is lost.  This happens at all times of the day.  The connection does not come back.  I have to 'disconnect' and re-connect.  The connection stay 'dropped' until I manually re-establish it.

I have to impress upon anyone that reads this thread, that the network connection does not drop, the internet connection is what drops.

3 Messages

10 months ago

We have been having the same or similar issues for literally 4 years. Very occasionally at first and has gradually gotten worse. Drops multiple times per day. We’ve had multiple visits from technicians. We can’t call and have them troubleshoot when it is happening because our phones only work reliably on WiFi. We are at wit’s end and so frustrated! Not sure what to do next. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_xqtz4i Four years is a long time of issues! Let's get this resolved for good. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here