U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 13th, 2022 6:19 PM

Closed

WPA3 security

Can Xifinity XB7 routers be upgraded to WPA3?

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_3d7635 ! Thank you for joining us on the Xfinity Forums! I can understand wanting to check into this option for security. However, at this time the XB7 does not support WPA3. We do hope to introduce this feature in a future update, but currently there is no ETA. I'm sorry for any inconvenience!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It's August 1st.  Is the wpa3 update for the XB7-T modem ready yet? WPA3 came out in 2018

(edited)

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community @NineOfNine. You do have the option to change the settings on the Gateways and here are a few steps to help!

Using Xfinity xFi

1. If you have an xFi Gateway (see eligibility and details), use the Xfinity app or visit xfinity.com/myxFi and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
  2. To change the security mode, select your network from Overview. You can also access My Network by navigating to Connect and selecting your network on the Xfinity app or See Network on the xFi website.
  3. Select Edit WiFi when using the xFi website, or select the Pencil icon when using the Xfinity app.
    • Note: If you have xFi Pods, you cannot select open security.
  4. Select Apply Changes after making any updates.

Note: If you change these settings, you may need to reconnect your devices to your home network.

Using the Admin Tool

Note: If you have xFi Pods, you cannot change your security settings in the Admin Tool. Refer to the steps above for changing your security mode with xFi.

1. Connect to your WiFi network.
  2. In a web browser, navigate to http://10.0.0.1 and sign in.
    • If you haven't changed your login information, the default username is admin and the default password is password.
  3. Navigate to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi, then select Edit to change the security mode. To complete the change, click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.

Note: If you change these settings, you may need to reconnect your devices to your home network.

Please let us know if you run into any issues changing the settings or if the WPA3 setting was not an option for you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here