U

Sunday, August 25th, 2024 5:44 PM

WiFi slow, dns settings

Hi I just got a new router installed and wifi is showing good signal and speed in the Xfinity app but my devices all have very poor wifi it’s very slow. I also received an error message in my iPhone in regards to DNS traffic. When I look at my dns settings it shows different numbers than the comcast server numbers and I’m wondering if this could be a problem? 

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

20 days ago

The concern is not "E-mail" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

18 days ago

Hello @user_rjkozg and thanks for your post. I would be looking for help too. When you are seeing that your device has low signal strength and running slow how far away from the WiFi Modem are you? 

2 Messages

I'm about 30 feet give or take. I'm in my bedroom and modem is in the living room. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_rjkozg great details. Have you tried to see what your connection is like when you are in the living room next to your modem? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here