U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 4:22 AM

wifi network suddenly disappeared

I seem to be experiencing an issue where the network name has disappeared, and my wireless devices are unable to connect to it. However, if I connect a router to the gateway, I can then connect my wireless devices to the router. This workaround was not necessary before, and I've noticed a significant drop in performance using this method. I've tried restarting the device and following the steps provided by the Xfinity assistant, but unfortunately, nothing has managed to bring my home network back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi @user_4o9xtf Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Wi-Fi network disappearing. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Have you checked to see if the gateway inadvertently got changed and bridge mode is turned on? Take a look at Bridge Mode on your wireless gateway

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

@user_4o9xtf 

Try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear (or use the WPS button if it doesn't have a reset button hole) for 30 seconds. This can sometimes clear up some weird behavior issues. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch if you do the latter. Good luck !

2 Messages

1 month ago

Hey everyone. After performing all the troubleshooting (power cycling, restart, and factory reset) as well as checking gateway settings (bridge mode disabled, wifi enabled), customer support recommended equipment replacement.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_4o9xtf have you already swapped that equipment? You can use this link to find the nearest Xfinity Store location. Let us know if this resolves your network connection issue. We will be here to continue supporting you should this issue continue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here