paxz71usa's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 12:47 PM

Wifi calling

We have a xfinity gateway downstairs and a xfinity pod in the main floor hall way. We use wifi calling for our cell phones and every time we walk passed the the pod in the hallway the calls are dropped. The call can be redialed on either side of the pod with no problem. it only seems to happen when walking passed the pod. Any thoughts or help? Wifi calling seems to work fine every where else in the house.

Thanks

PAX

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 months ago

@paxz71usa Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I would be happy to see if we can get to the bottom of this issue with you. To get started can you please verify that your phone is on your Wi-Fi network and not on an Xfinity hotspot?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Yes we are on our home network, not on the xfinity Hotspot.

PAX

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@paxz71usa when it comes to things like WiFi calling the signal needs to be fairly strong otherwise the call can drop and if you are using an xFi Pod chances are your signal is not the strongest there so when the handoff from your normal WiFi signal to the pod happens a call can be interrupted. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

I guess there is no cure for that?

PAX 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 months ago

@paxz71usa I am sorry not in this case. 

forum icon